FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Peterhead vacancy

Yngwie

Quote fae the Peterhead website

"In light of recent rumours surrounding the club, Peterhead FC would like to take this opportunity to confirm that the contracts of management team Iain Stewart and Paul Mathers have been terminated with immediate effect.

At this stage the club cannot comment further, however there is to be a press conference this evening at Balmoor Stadium."  :010:

the contracts of management team Iain Stewart and Paul Mathers have been terminated with immediate effect

sounds quite serious ???

That kind of wording is normally only used when something dodgy has gone on or there has been a major breach of confidence/trust .... otherwise the "mutual consent" phrase is usually trotted out a-la-Brewster.

Blimey, this is a bit of shocker. I wonder what the 'ell has gone on there. I'd have said he was doing a good job at Peterhead. It'll all come out in the wash I suppose.

Gutted for the wee man, surely it can't be a performance based decision only 12 games in?

I get the feeling that Pele gave them the nod that he was interested if the job was available and they have come up with some BS excuse for giving Stewart the push.  Peterhead were doing well under Stewart but I doubt anyone will deny that Pele has the potential (and track record) to take them to the next level.

not sure I buy that CaleyD - "terminated with immediate effect" smacks of something else ..... unless of course they told the wee man that Pele was going there and he threw a wobbler - sure it will all come out

Guest ICtinAngus

Wish Pele all the best, sorry to see Stewart gone though, thought he was very unlucky last season due to a dodgy ref.  ha ha the SFA can't fine me for that comment.

Hope he is offered some sort of coaching job with us, would be good to see him back. 

Gutted for the wee man, surely it can't be a performance based decision only 12 games in?

It is sadly. I've known about this for a while now and only in the last few days did the rumours surface.

Fact is the Peterhead board are perhaps more ambitious than the fans and after last season almost expect to push up to Div One as soon as possible. The poor start has led them to this decision. It's not one I think is the correct one as the Division is very tight but clearly they don't feel Stewart is the man to take them that bit further.

Paterson and Cooper, potentially, is a very good set up to take them into Div 1.

Guest Kingsmills2

Given that Peterhead were only minutes away from securing back to back promotions last season and that they'v made a steady, if unspectacular, start this year, there must be something serious that went on behind the scenes. Iain Stewart certainly did not merit the sack on performance.

That said, I'm delighted to see Pele back on the national stage and wouldn't be surprised to see him managing in the SPL again in years to come although probably not with Peterhead.

Guest Kingsmills2

To be fair, apart from one very public lapse, Steve has seldom let his health problem impinge on his ability as a football manager.

Guest kingkojak

To be fair, apart from one very public lapse, Steve has seldom let his health problem impinge on his ability as a football manager.

that public lapse sounded like one **** of a party!  :015: :015: 

wish pele the best of luck with the fishermen!!

"Former Aberdeen manager Paterson joins the club from Highland League side Forres and will be assisted by ex-Ross County boss Neale Cooper. "

That from the BBC website tells me it is Neale Cooper as assistant :010:

Will the real N Cooper stand up please.