FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Greetings from Blackpool

Seasider

Hi

Im a Blackpool fan and couldnt stomach watching MOTD highlights last night of us losing again at Everton. I needed a fix of football so for some reason i ended up watching Scottish cup Football highlights on BBC Scotland, despite never having much interest in football north of the border.

I have to say i really enjoyed it. All the matches were very watchable but what caught my eye was your match and your team. You were really entertaining, played some good football and scored some very well worked goals.

I'll definately look out for your results in the future. Great draw for you in the next round.

Good Luck

• Agree 6

I support ICT and Everton - my lad supports Blackpool - you werent beat yesterday you were Saha'd :nanananana:

If you ever get up to a game ya should stay at Nairn as you will feel at home - except there is no slurry on the beach - and I fink that I am dafter than that senile old **** in charge doon your way.

I downloaded the MOTD higjlights and i'm watching them the now. Blackpool when they go forward, look like a top ten team, but at the back look like relegation certainties. I really hope you stay up though. Whats happened to Matthew Gilks? Got called up to a Scotland squad and then hasn't been seen since. I think he's better than Kingson/Kingston.

I downloaded the MOTD higjlights and i'm watching them the now. Blackpool when they go forward, look like a top ten team, but at the back look like relegation certainties. I really hope you stay up though. Whats happened to Matthew Gilks? Got called up to a Scotland squad and then hasn't been seen since. I think he's better than Kingson/Kingston.

Gilks broke his kneecap which was pretty nasty but is due back soon. Although im more Scottish than he is!

The EPL has been like a fairy tale for us but were starting to struggle badly. We have the lowest budget by a mile and its starting to take its toll. We just cant compete financially with the other teams. We still might stay up but it will probably get us next season. We will go down fighting though , we just attack and attack and dont know how to defend.

The turning point was Man Utd at home. We were winning 2-0 with 20 mins to go and ended up losing 3-2. We've never really recovered from that.

What sort of money do Blackpool get for playing in the Premierleague?

4 of us were going down for a weekend to see a game this season but we discovered the tickets were sold in blocks of 3. We could only have got the Wolves game but we dithered and it was sold out.

Fleetwood Town though, that's another story.....

ETA- MOTD was absolutely superb this week. Hardly a duff game on it.

Edited by TheMantis

What sort of money do Blackpool get for playing in the Premierleague?

4 of us were going down for a weekend to see a game this season but we discovered the tickets were sold in blocks of 3. We could only have got the Wolves game but we dithered and it was sold out.

Fleetwood Town though, that's another story.....

ETA- MOTD was absolutely superb this week. Hardly a duff game on it.

If we go down this season then its 90 million taking into account the parachute payments for next season. Its obscene really.

Even with that kind of money behind you , you have to be so careful. So many teams have come up, broke the bank to stay up and nearly ended up bankrupt. Our chairman wont let that happen so Charlie Adam is out biggest earner on something like 10k a week and we wont go above that. In the premiership, its peanuts. We regularly lose out on players to teams in the championship so holloway is doing the job with his hands tied behind his back.

The money will secure our future though and we will be using it wisely. Ground improvements, academy , new training ground etc.

Shame you didnt get to the Wolves game. Its one of the few weve won at home and we scored one of the goals of the season.

Amazing to see Butcher at ICT. I was in Australia a few years ago and he was manager of Sydney. i went to one of the games. Is he well liked there?

Seasider

T. Butcher is not only well-liked but something of a cult figure now after his five minute blistering rant to a reporter recently against the SFA and the things that they seem to be doing to stint our progress.

I am sure that if you really want to get a good earful of honest comment that will tickle you pink then someone on here will find itfor you and either put the link on here for you or listen to or will send it to you.

:sarcastic:

Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air in the EPL. I am sure there can't be any fans of attacking football who don't want them to survive. I think it might be touch and go myself, but the very best of luck to them. I think Terry is a bit like Ian Holloway in many ways - not scared to speak their minds. Long may it continue.

Have to say Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air in the premiership. Despite some early season hammerings to the big boys (after thumping Wigan yourselves) you just don't seem to know when to quit. I love how you have a go against everyone.

In some ways Blackpool remind me of ICT. Small provincial clubs with limited budgets. They always try and have a go and the team is built on work ethic and there is a tight moral between the group of players. When we 1st came up no one gave us a chance. We stuck it right to them and stayed up. Hope you do the same.

And I can't help but love Holloway. His rants and speeches are spectacular and hilarious. English managerial cult legend.

Terry's not far off himself at times. Always on about a bottle of claret and will occasionally unleash a rant similar to the other weeks. His attitude to the job and his self confessed love of the city have secured him a strong bond with the support.

Good to hear from one of the seasiders and good luck for the rest of the season!