FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

On reading some of the criticism of individual players it makes me wonder if any of the posters actually attend our games.

If you challenge the post and not the poster it makes for a more interesting discussion.

Which comments is it you disagree with and why?

Good to see a Union Jack in the home end last night celebrating our colours of Red,White and Blue. The lads in section G actually ran the idea past me last week and I agreed would be a good way for them to show their support for ICT.

I didn't see this luckily but if it makes an appearance on Saturday I will be very p*ssed off and may have to set fire to it. We are a Scottish team uninfested by sectarianism .

Note to self - take box of matches in pocket.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The defending for both goals was shocking. Tokely just stands and watches Ledley for the first, and Hogg is the wrong side of him for the second. And how Terry can say it wasn't a free kick leading up to their 2nd is beyond me. Duff clearly takes the boys leg, after being skinned for the umpteenth time on the night.

Was more of a general observation on reading the thread and similar posts on match threads v other teams. Offcourse people see games differently, some thought Nick Ross had a good game, others a quiet one for example but I think it was probably the criticism of Duff in particular that made me wonder. A player who's done very well on the whole at right back, out of position and against two of the best and most sought after players in the SPL in Izzaguirre

and Kayal.

Given our complete lack of a left or right back for ages any criticism of our defence at all must be measured. Wild statements on players having been useless or whatever since we signed them make me laugh, even Lionel had a few good games if you were lucky enough to see him in every game he played.

Here here.

If you challenge the post and not the poster it makes for a more interesting discussion.

Which comments is it you disagree with and why?

Was more of a general observation on reading the thread and similar posts on match threads v other teams. Offcourse people see games differently, some thought Nick Ross had a good game, others a quiet one for example but I think it was probably the criticism of Duff in particular that made me wonder. A player who's done very well on the whole at right back, out of position and against two of the best and most sought after players in the SPL in Izzaguirre

and Kayal.

Given our complete lack of a left or right back for ages any criticism of our defence at all must be measured. Wild statements on players having been useless or whatever since we signed them make me laugh, even Lionel had a few good games if you were lucky enough to see him in every game he played.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that.

IMO, part of the reason we see this kind of things from fans is because our great start to the season set the level of expectation quite high...and when expectations are high and not being met then you tend to get a bit of a backlash.

It can be frustrating to see people who appear to mindlessly criticise, but I'm glad you took the time to expand on your original point. If everyone did that instead of the "They were crap" or "they were great" type comments with no justification then we'd all understand each other a bit better and improve the level of discussion on the forum at the same time.