FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooney

Mind when Larsson went to Barcelona and a few Celtic fans got Barca tops with Larrson on the back of it? I wonder if any ICT will get a Birmingham shirt with Rooney printed on it...

I think this was the wrong move for Rooney. I think the fact that BC are looking to bring in a loan signing signals that they dont think Rooney is up to the task. I think he may well disappear into footballing obscurity now....time will tell. Personally....i didnt rate rooney as highly as everyone else. Take the penalties out of the equation, and how many goals did he score in open play last season?

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Playing the only man up front meant much of Rooney's job was to hold up play to bring others in. Thought he did that really well.

I don't think it was the wrong move. Of course, he won't be automatic choice for Brum. He's not a proven ECL or EPL striker. He's a prospect. It's now up to Rooney to take a chance such as this and make his mark. That's what he was brought in for and I'm sure he knows that.

I think a top ECL club or a top SPL club were his best choices. He will get chances to show what he can do with both of them. The worst choice would have been a lower division club. The opportunity to score would have been much more limited. And even if he had, there's still not that much opportunity to be picked up by a higher team it seems.

No, I think it was a good choice. He's got more strings to his bow than simply goals but I also think he's got enough about him to score a few for Birmingham. This is his big opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

If he continues to do well at Birmingham, I would certainly consider giving him a second chance here.

If he does well at Birmingham there will be other teams bigger than Birmingham sniffing around him.

I would have him back in a heart beat, good on him though, yeah it's pre-season but goals breed confidence and he may just get the chance he needs come the start of the season.