FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Transfer Activity

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

With all our injuries, is it possible that we will strengthen before end of transfer window or are we finished?

I would like to see a couple more added to squad but wouldn't be disappointed if no-one else came in.

Edited by Mahonio

Butcher has said more than once that the transfer activity is done for this window, mainly due to the fact that all the money has been used. Not impossible, but highly unlikely that anyone else will come in.

With his squad ravaged by injury, Butcher did not completely rule out a move to bring in reinforcements in the short-term, but this would seem unlikely at this stage. "I don't think that would happen just now," he said. "If it could be done then we'll look at it, but I don't think it can be."

Quote from Terry in todays courier, link here

Agreed that another striker is needed if possible, apart from that i think we are more or less set in each department, once the majority of the squad is fit Terry is gonna have a major selection headache.

Having read and listened to what Terry has had to say in relation to more transfers etc I think it is more likely that the only way we would bring anyone else in is if they were offered to the club direct and they fit the bill of someone that can enhance the squad and not cost too much on wages.

I don't see Terry/the club actively looking for someone else knowing that the budgets are at the maximum.

I see tht kevin mccann is trying to join morton, wot about offering him a short-term contract to fill in for some of our injuries?? :bouncyblue:

"Former Hibs full-back Kevin McCann hopes to win a deal at First Division Morton. (Daily Record)"

Edited by madsooz
  • Disagree 2

Yeah but think that cash may be saved until January. I can't see more being added to the squad. Have a lot of injuries just now, but a few due back in next couple of weeks. I may be wrong but Tudor Jones is 8 weeks and think he is the longest out. With these guys coming back, think leaving funds for January may be the best option.

Butcher said himself he would strenghten further if he had the chance so i can see him signing 1 or 2 more in this transfer window. By the time January comes hopefully the squad will be alot more settled and have a bit more depth about it when players recover from injury, not to mention Aldred is only on loan to January so that is something that will be looked at by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Although this is not a thread/forum section for speculation I can't help but resist a Little(you'll get the pun soon enough)

According to the Highland News report that George Fraser is to step down, it also reported funds would be released to Lord Terry.

Now I've thought about it and it's probably cover at RB and another striker thats needed overall (Although current injuries to the midfield area might dictate otherwise). Obviously it would be highly unlikely that we'd bring in 2 players. Just not going to happen. However I have heard it mentioned that Rangers are looking to get Andy Little out on loan and I dont think he'd be a bad shout.

Capable of playing at RB and upfront he'd be a versatile addition to the squad. He also has the added bonus of being a current Northern Ireland full international. As we've just lost our 2 main wingers I'm fairly confident in my knowledge that he can play as a right midfielder also. He has always been highly rated at Rangers but their strength in depth at RB and up front have limited opportunity as well as the occasionally poorly timed injury. He is 22 so still quite young but not completely raw.

I reckon a loan deal for even 6 months would be good, even just to cover our injury crisis until everyone is back.

You get the dodgy pun now?

Although this is not a thread/forum section for speculation I can't help but resist a Little(you'll get the pun soon enough)

According to the Highland News report that George Fraser is to step down, it also reported funds would be released to Lord Terry.

Now I've thought about it and it's probably cover at RB and another striker thats needed overall (Although current injuries to the midfield area might dictate otherwise). Obviously it would be highly unlikely that we'd bring in 2 players. Just not going to happen. However I have heard it mentioned that Rangers are looking to get Andy Little out on loan and I dont think he'd be a bad shout.

Capable of playing at RB and upfront he'd be a versatile addition to the squad. He also has the added bonus of being a current Northern Ireland full international. As we've just lost our 2 main wingers I'm fairly confident in my knowledge that he can play as a right midfielder also. He has always been highly rated at Rangers but their strength in depth at RB and up front have limited opportunity as well as the occasionally poorly timed injury. He is 22 so still quite young but not completely raw.

I reckon a loan deal for even 6 months would be good, even just to cover our injury crisis until everyone is back.

No thanks . If he cant force his way into the weakest Rankers squad in years he aint good enough for ICT .

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Good shout, have you told Terrence?

Aye he won't get a game a r***gers cos he wasn't bought for over a mill.