FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dunfermline : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Getting fed up of people with their love for Grant Munro and how he is what we are missing. He was a poor leader, below average overall defender and not good enough for the SPL. Today i thought Proctor played ok had to make the tackle, shame it wasn't made outside the box, but doesn't deserve the pelters he is getting today. Richie Foran was the worst player on the park today and has been like that all season, for him to come up to the fans after todays performance and tell us to keep our heads up is a joke! ill start to keep my head up when the team pulls their fingers out and start looking like they give a F**k!

You feel we're not missing a solid, reliable and committed centre half? GM not good enough for the SPL, but how many seasons has he played there? Shame Proctors tackle was in the box - PMSL thats a bit like shooting someone in the head with a gun and then in court claiming I never did anything wrong it's just a shame his head was in the way! :rotflmao:.

Foran played a poor game (not for the first time this season) although to be fair he set up the goal. But he's not the only one under performing, not by a long shot and that includes the management teams as they have brought these players in. I felt Foran was only clapping at the end and thanking the fans for sticking with the team, at least that's what I saw. People would be moaning if he just walked straight off saying that 'he isn't showing the loyals fans any gratitude' so he's damned either way.

Never mind all will be well when- We start to gell, get injured players back, find the system that works for us, play a passing game etc etc. Not to mention the stability brought from giving TB & MM the contract extensions so early, that will hopefully kick in soon too. :slapme:

Ok IMO he was anything but solid or reliable, ill give you committed because the boy really did try. But no matter how many seasons he played in the SPL doesn't mean he was good enough for it! Far to slow and gave possession away every time with his 'hoof ball' tactics stop backing up a highly over rated and below average defender! He is gone to a a lower division which suits him best. and with the proctor situation i meant he should have made the tackle outside the box when he had the chance 'SHAME IT WAS INSIDE'. 'never mind all will be well' excuse me for being negative but i am really worried for us right now. we were outplayed by Dunfermline at home, i fear the worst for next week as Motherwell can actually play a little bit of football!

Oh dear, did Grant steal your sweeties or something? Seriously though is GM Puyol? Is he Maicon? No. Did he ping inch perfect passes out of defence every time? No, but he played to his strengths and was a solid reliable player to suggest otherwise is nonsense, also the reason I believe he chose RC was family. Regardless you clearly think he was a terrible player for ICT, I don't and I think 99% of folk would agree with me and that's the last I'll say as I don't wanna labour the point.

Your point on Procs tackle never made sense to me the first time and it still doesn't, from what I saw he wouldn't have made such a tackle at all had his positioning been better. Though he was maybe left a little exposed.

My last paragraph regarding 'all will be well when...' was some what tongue in cheek and I would have thought most folk reading it would have taken it in that manner, perhaps it was too subtle for you.

Out of curiosity who do you think are our strongest centre halfs this season, bearing in mind we are the only SPL team who have not had a shut-out so far (I think)?

Edit: Spelling.

Josh Meekings came on for 5 minutes and was already better than Grant Munro's whole career

I'm not sure if you're a bit :blink: or just :fishing:

As usual some interesting posts and some deranged if not delusional ones at times (perhaps our learned friend IHE could comment on that!).

I did think of posting after the game but then decided to have a longer think about what I was going to say. While the team was poor yesterday, and against St Johnstone the previous week, it should not be forgotten, although everyone seems to have, that this was the same team that comfortably beet Kilmarnock, St Mirren (2 of the best teams so far this season according to the media) comfortably and should have beaten Hearts (the third best team in Scotland?). Clearly something has happended in the last two games and the team looked short of confidence on Saturday but why the team has changed so much in two games, I haven't a clue.

Posters can go on about various things, and the constant carping about Munro and Duncan is becoming tedious, but the above is the only solid fact about what has happened. If someone could tell me why things have suddenly changed over the last two ganes (over to you TB), I would be grateful, but whatever the reason, changes do need to be made to the team this week to shale them up if nothing else. TB needs to remember that it was shaking up the team against Ayr in the SFL, and getting a result, kick started our season and something like that needs to happen now. I still think someong will get a hammering from us soon and hope it is Saturday.

• Agree 1

Well I am afraid it is all part and parcel of the psyche of the average football fan - deranged and delsuional to one individual is fair and rational to the next. Actually it is, in my opinion, the attraction and entertainment of forums such as these.

I further suspect that the anger and frustration is evidently linked with our position at the bottom of the table, the undefined inconsistencies which abound and perhaps a "false hope" for this season.

I do however take note that the loyal type of posters are beginning to sway towards gentle criticism.

As I have stated on mny occasions before the injuries have undoubtedly taken their toll, feckin forget about Munro and Duncan, the mistakes were made in pre season.