FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : Matchday Thread

Scotty

That's actually a point I was going to make. The attendance was something like 6,400 odd IIRC. That's well below what we used to get against the Old Firm. Is it the recent poor form, financial climate or how games against the Old Firm normally go? Regardless, I was a wee bit disappointed with the turn out from ICT.

Did I just dream it - or did the BBC and their "pundits" say that ICT were robbed (or not in so many words!). Our game the 1st one on at 10pm and the "pundits" saying we should win the red card being rescinded (as long as TB words it carefully!? whatever that means). And they criticised the ref too. Wonders will never cease. But we still lose the points. Credit to bbc2 tv tonight - might be a long time before I say that again.

Edited by lizi

Just back from the match (OK - there were a few diversions on the long road home) and just in time for the BBC highlights which did not do us justice at all, although the pundits agreed the red card was rather dubious.

The majority of times we are outplayed by the old firm, but occasionally we've been lucky and managed to get a result - put it down to brilliant tactics, or luck, whatever.

Yesterday, however, we were right on top. We held our shape and dominated the first half. Throughout the game we made Celtic look very ordinary. I was most surprised that Tansey was sent off for a fairly innocuous challenge - what surprised me more was the apparent anger of the referee when he made his judgement, and the impulsiveness of that decision. The stand-side linesman looked uncomfortable with the decision, but chose not to intervene. Even after that appalling decision the heads didn't go down and we continued to look dangerous right up to half time.

Into the second half and the extra man started to show. We still looked dangerous in attack, and we still kept our shape, but Celtic started to come into the game. The balance shifted after their goal but we still looked capable of scoring and I was quite optimistic. Sadly when Celtic got their second, the heads went down and there was no going back, although a late rally might have got us a consolation.

Standouts for me were Davies and Tokely who were pretty solid. Also Tade and Hayes who caused their defence a lot of problems.

I can't remember when I last felt such a deep sense of injustice at losing a game - I'm not in the habit of slating referees but there was something seriously amiss yesterday.

Agree with you Lizi but they didnt really deal with why samaras went down clutching his face. When there was minimal contact at best. However it was good that they agreed with us re the ref.

Samaras should be given a ban for blatant cheating

Agree with you Lizi but they didnt really deal with why samaras went down clutching his face. When there was minimal contact at best. However it was good that they agreed with us re the ref.

Samaras should be given a ban for blatant cheating

However it will be very unlikely if he is.