FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lets have a honest opinion with no slagging others views

Dmacca

What is wrong with the team at this moment in time, is it bad management, not good enough players, bad luck, no team spirit, come on lets have your honest opinion without the worry of being slagged off.

We all get involved on here i assume for one reason and thats because we support ICT so lets have some respect for each other....may be im living in a dream world here???

Macca

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest opinion..........not enough good quality players, budget not good enough to attract the better quality. Only 24 to choose from and even then 6 injured. Some even trying to play through the pain barrier to make up the numbers.

And maybe there all so p!ssed of by the abuse they get, both on here and on the park, week in week out that they cant be ersed any more.

Of course bad management will be the No 1 reason. Why? (1) A lot of people just want to say "I told you so". (2) Thats always the first thing people blame. Paul le Guen was the most hated person among the Ibrox faithful in his first three months. Now hes a national hero and will likely soon be awarded some doctorate from the University of football no alls.

Alex the last part of your post is important me thinks, ok we pay our money and expect, but on the other hand we all want constant success(which we aint never gonna get) i think we have got to look at the bigger picture we support our team through and through the result has a great bearing on how we feel(does for me) But then theres everything else that goes with it, being involved on here, being involved with the people we sit with in the ground we drink with and generally get involved with all for the same reason we all love(what for a better word) our club and if it were not for it we would probably never had known each other weather it be on here or in the pub or ground or where ever.

Macca

im afraid to say that CC has to shoulder the blame for this. i am not one to criticise him as i know he is caley through and through but this is undoubtedly the worst we have been playing, consistently, for a long time now. there seems no imagination or creation in our play - all we do is hump the ball up the park and hope that we might benefit from some scraps. i am also starting to feel sory for bayney because he is supposed to try and get on the end of any crap we throw up the park at him. utd actually looked a class team today because they got the ball down and attacked us down the wings - whens the last time we done that to any team?? after watching the last few games i think we had better be very careful or we will be involved in the relegation battle because we are not the team that everyone used to fear. :019:

We are still eight points off bottom and, as Mantis said, if we get results in our next two games everything in the garden will be rosy.

I think that's a very loose translation of what I said Chris  :015: :015: :015:

Now if Dargo had scored that penalty the mood of our message board might have been entirely different. The difference between despondency and feeling good about your team can often be as thin as scoring/not scoring a penalty.

In my capacity as occasional 'armchair manager' I would suggest that all our guys (except Broonie of course) should spend every afternoon next week practicing their shooting from outside the penalty box (some shots from the penalty spot are obviously needed too). I can't comment on today's game but - from what I've seen this season at home - our boys are either 'shot-shy' or they endanger the physical wellbeing of those sitting in the North/South Stands (or driving on the Kessock Bridge) when attempting shots on goal!!!

I must admit i have concerns why CC perseveres with Bayne up front, its quite obvious that he and Dargo dont knit together, we need Wyness to start from now on.

PLay the ball on the ground, thats what scored us goals last season... why not try it again.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"Honest opinion..........not enough good quality players, budget not good enough to attract the better quality"

Ever heard the phrase - 'a bad workman always blames his tools' ???

All good managers (Ferguson, O'Neil, Mourinho, Robson, Clough, Shankley, Stein etc etc etc) talk UP their players and their club. An Aston Villa player recently said of the difference between O'Neil and O'Leary "O'Neil makes me feel like I can run through walls".

The last thing you want to hear from your manager is dour, pessimistic tosh and criticism. "We're a small club", "Half of our boys have come up from the lower leagues", "Talk of qualifying for Europe is silly", "Survival would be success for us". blah blah blah.

Brewster and Malkie Thompson - although no better tactically than Charlie, at least seemed to be good motivators, both very vocal, enthusiastic and tactile. The kind of guys you'd WANT to play for. Robbo was the same. Pele was described as 'just one of the boys' - all of these guys wore ordinary team track suits, no fancy big shot suits or anything. Charlie just strikes me as completely aloof and detached.

"Honest opinion..........not enough good quality players, budget not good enough to attract the better quality"

Ever heard the phrase - 'a bad workman always blames his tools' ???

All good managers (Ferguson, O'Neil, Mourinho, Robson, Clough, Shankley, Stein etc etc etc) talk UP their players and their club. An Aston Villa player recently said of the difference between O'Neil and O'Leary "O'Neil makes me feel like I can run through walls".

The last thing you want to hear from your manager is dour, pessimistic tosh and criticism. "We're a small club", "Half of our boys have come up from the lower leagues", "Talk of qualifying for Europe is silly", "Survival would be success for us". blah blah blah.

Brewster and Malkie Thompson - although no better tactically than Charlie, at least seemed to be good motivators, both very vocal, enthusiastic and tactile. The kind of guys you'd WANT to play for. Robbo was the same. Pele was described as 'just one of the boys' - all of these guys wore ordinary team track suits, no fancy big shot suits or anything. Charlie just strikes me as completely aloof and detached.

That piece you quoted at the top was Alex's honest opinion. Unless I've picked things up wrong he didn't say that Charlie was guilty of being unable to build up player confidence.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"Is CC a motivator ?"

I could be completly wrong, but he reminds me of Eric Black when he was the manager of Motherwell. Too swanky, acting more like a business man than a football man. Then again that's not completely a bad thing -  but it might not be good for team spirit. It's almost like there's a barrier between the manager and the players (and the fans), reinforced by little things like not patting substitued players on the back, or ignoring fans singing 'Charlie give us a wave'. I can understand what he's trying to do, establishing some authority, not wanting to look amateurish or out of his depth. But he maybe hasn't found the right balance yet, and takes himself and his 'ultra proffesional' image a little too seriosly.

I think there is always a danger that we can let the emotion of a couple of results carry us from the heights of joy into the depths of despair.  It wasn't that long ago that we were all talking about a place in Europe and challenging for second / third / fourth place in the league (a bit more good fortune vs. Aberdeen and we would have been up there).  But, we have to take a more tempered view over the course of the whole season.  Whilst I would concede that the result (& possibly performances) in the last two games haven't been good, we played well against Hearts (perhaps should have won) and should have no shame in losing to Celtic and a rejuvenated Hibs team.

It is over the course of the whole season that the team should be measured, and I believe that we have enough quality to finish in similar mid-table safety to the last two seasons (top six would be a fantastic achievement).  The purple patch that we had when we nearly reached the dizzy heights of second / third was just that -  a purple patch.  Equally, a poorer patch of form that seems to have hit over the last two games should not have us running into blind panic.  That said, if the poor patch continues in the games agains Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren, etc. then it's perhpas time to show more concern.

It's all about having reasonable expectations about what the club and team can realistically achieve.  Given our current standing, financial capacity and (dare I say it) geographical location, I honestly feel that mid-table (with a flutter into the top six with a bit of luck) is the best that we can CURRENTLY hope for!

A bit more positivity and appreciation for the guys on the park who are, on the whole, doing a good job.

Bayne (I think) called it spot on - other teams know how to play against us and we haven't changed our style to counter this.

It really is THAT simple.

Well summed up RiG. It's time for a change, but not of manager, not yet anyway.

It's not what a manager wears, it's what he does. Without bringing in new players this situation was going to arise whoever was in charge, CC should be judged on what he does to remedy this. Go CC :022: