FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fabrice Muamba

RiG

Has anyone been watching this on ESPN? Horrible scenes on the pitch with the guy collapsing with no one around him and then convulsing on the pitch.

The game has been postponed and Muamba is on his way to hospital having received CPR on the pitch and as he was carried off. The defibrillator was brought out almost straight away as well indicating just how serious this incident was.

Truly awful viewing.

23 and fit as a fiddle. It just goes to show you how fragile life can be and puts our game (and others) into perspective. He's fighting for his life just now - lets hope he pulls through this.

• Agree 1

switched over just seconds after it happened. Saw the first medics trying to turn him over before the cameras panned out. No one ever expects to see this live on tv, but it certainly makes you feel part of what happened. One of my mates is an absolutely massive Trotters fan, and hasnt missed a game for around 20 years.

Feel for Fabrice Muamba, and his family, and Bolton. The whole football world hopes for the best.

Very good news indeed. Fabrice Muamba seems to have been in the right place, at the right time, with all the right people around him to assist - and - it was obviously not his time to depart this life.

I sincerely hope and pray that he recovers fully and goes on to enjoy life, whatever the future brings for him. He, his family, his team, and we (all football fans), really appreciate the dedication of those with their expert medical knowledge, at the stadium, in the ambulance and at the hospital thereafter, for the current outcome - long may they be blessed for their contribution towards Fabrice Muamba.

Hear tonight that he was actually dead for 78 minutes of the first 4 hours. As you say Lizi, lucky he was in the right place, at the right time with those right people at the stadium. One of the doctors who attended to him said in an interview today, he went into see Fabrice soon after, whispered in his ear if he knew what his own name was, Fabrice Muamba he replied, Then the doctor said to him, I hear that you are a very good footballer, and Fabrice replied I try.

Lets hope his recovery continues.

Your pretty well correct in your first sentence bauhaus. If the heart stops then the person is deemed clinically dead for the time it takes to get the heart back to a working rhythm. In that time artificial means would be employed to keep oxygen pumping to the brain. And with that in mind I would urge anyone and everyone to learn heart start techniques. You never know when your actions could save a life.

I hope they find that the Fabrice has a repairable fault with his heart and that he gets back to top flight football.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Agree 1

You are right Alex but Fabrice was so lucky to be in London when this happened in my opinion. He was obviously treated with state of the art resusitation techiniques probably involving cooling the body to have recovered this far and is so lucky not to have brain damage. If this had happened anywhere else then the story could/probably would have been so different.