FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Disciplinary Points - ICT near top

DALNEIGHCALEY

[edit]This thread has been created by splitting off-topic posts out of the Muirfield Mills thread. There were enough off topic posts to warrant a thread of its own .....

Personall I think our discipline record is bad enough without adding to it.......................................................but I'd still have Blackie back.

Interesting to see we have the worst disciplinery record in the whole division , will we get a fine at the end of the season ?

Edited by Scotty
[edit]This thread has been created by splitting off-topic posts out of the Muirfield Mills thread. There were enough off topic posts to warrant a thread of its own .....

Personall I think our discipline record is bad enough without adding to it.......................................................but I'd still have Blackie back.

Interesting to see we have the worst disciplinery record in the whole division , will we get a fine at the end of the season ?

No we don't...we have most red cards, but not the worst record....not by a long shot.

No we don't...we have most red cards, but not the worst record....not by a long shot.

Agree with Caley D. There was a league table of disciplinery records in one of the papers this week and we were actually only half way up it. Have to admit I was surprised at this but giving that we are normally commended for good behaviour I doubt we would be fined first off anyway.

Agree with Caley D. There was a league table of disciplinery records in one of the papers this week and we were actually only half way up it. Have to admit I was surprised at this but giving that we are normally commended for good behaviour I doubt we would be fined first off anyway.

You got a link to that table please as all I can find is we have most red cards and 3rd most yellows , doesn't really equate to half way up the table to me !!

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

A very short shot Don

............................Red....Yellow

Aberdeen............ 6.........62

Celtic.................. 5.........31

Dundee U........... 1.........46

Dunfermline........ 2.........53

Hearts................. 4.........67

Hibs.................... 2.........83

ICT.....................,7..........68

Killie.................... 3........ 52

Motherwell.......... 5......... 62

Rangers............. 6......... 66

St Johnstone...... 2......... 69

St Mirren............ 3......... 66

Add it up as three points for red and one for yellow and the league table is:

Hibs.....89

ICT......89

Ran.....84

Ab'dn...80

Hea.....79

Mot'w...78

St. J.....75

St Mi....75

Kil'k.....61

Dunf....59

DU......49

Cel......46

Basically our record is atrocious

I thought I was correct , thanks for that Alex . I sometimes wonder if I were to post black would CaleyD post white , he disagrees with everything I post and then doesn't have the decency to admit to being wrong , must come with the power of being admin !!

Using stats readily available on SPL website (red cards / yellow cards - club), we would be equal top in the disciplinary table with Hibs as far as I can tell.

not an official table, but I threw it into excel and applied the standard formula, which I believe is 1 pt for a yellow and 3pts for a red

post-2-0-29876600-1335793058.png

edit: dont worry DC .... under the points totaling system, you have a mod and an admin agreeing with you and just an admin disagreeing ..... so thats 3pts for admin and 1 for mod .... you win 4-3 !!!!

Edited by Scotty
beaten to the punch by Alex !!!

SPL DISCIPLINARY LEAGUE TABLE

Each club's current card count is used to form the SPL disciplinary league table. One point is given for every yellow card, while two points are attributed to each red card.

How many points do I get for trumping an Admin & a Mod?

SPL DISCIPLINARY LEAGUE TABLE

Each club's current card count is used to form the SPL disciplinary league table. One point is given for every yellow card, while two points are attributed to each red card.

How many points do I get for trumping an Admin & a Mod?

none as it makes little difference to the table .... we are second instead of 1st equal

post-2-0-42593500-1335794754.png

Still not the worst, although I will admit that I thought the gap was bigger (having seen the table OCG refered to above).

I thought I was correct , thanks for that Alex . I sometimes wonder if I were to post black would CaleyD post white , he disagrees with everything I post and then doesn't have the decency to admit to being wrong , must come with the power of being admin !!

Your apology is accepted :moon:

Another point I wanted to make ...... I dont really trust the SPL figures !!!!!

there have been a number of occasions this season where commentators have talked about players being booked, but nothing ever appears on the official record .... this weekend being a prime example. The commentators talked of Tokely and Tansey both receiving cards but not one single report reflects that ...... including the one on the SPL site.

I have also looked on our own stats which I compile based on each game as it happens and instead of 68 yellows in the league, I only get 67. I also only get 6 reds not 7. Of course, it is possible that I made a mistake, especially in yellows, but the red I believe was the one issued to Greg Tansey and later rescinded but that still shows up in the SPL report ... and presumably the stats ....

Still not the worst, although I will admit that I thought the gap was bigger (having seen the table OCG refered to above).

Thanks Caley D thought I maybe dreamt it!! Sorry DC cant post link as I cant remember which paper it was but will search through the paper bin when I get home.

Thanks Caley D thought I maybe dreamt it!! Sorry DC cant post link as I cant remember which paper it was but will search through the paper bin when I get home.

If you saw ICT halfway down the disciplinery league last week you must have dreamt it .

The bottom line is that must be our worst disciplinary record EVER - and how many games have been lost through resultant suspensions - and how many games have been lost because of that and/or going down to ten men or somebody being subbed for fear of a red !!

is it not 6 red cards as tanseys was recinded?

i can only think of hayes, meekings, hoggs, tokelys, williams, david davis' and tanseys. correct me if there was one a missed.

meekings and david davis are the only ones you cant make a case for. tokelys definatly wasnt, hoggs wasnt, williams was two yellows but i thought he got the ball the first yellow he got, and hayes first looked soft. so if take the fans perspective that could lower it to 2 reds the other 4 were very soft. and our yellow count is not low but it isnt high either. what is giving us this poor acolade of having the second worst disicpline record is soft reds made by refs that seem far to keen to take their red out.

Using stats readily available on SPL website (red cards / yellow cards - club), we would be equal top in the disciplinary table with Hibs as far as I can tell.

not an official table, but I threw it into excel and applied the standard formula, which I believe is 1 pt for a yellow and 3pts for a red

post-2-0-29876600-1335793058.png

edit: dont worry DC .... under the points totaling system, you have a mod and an admin agreeing with you and just an admin disagreeing ..... so thats 3pts for admin and 1 for mod .... you win 4-3 !!!!

So my stats from the same site aren't good enough.............just cos you can make nice neat straight columns. :tongue:

It really is a shocking record, one we should be ashamed of. As IHE said a few posts ago it is not just the red and yellow cards themselves, but the impact they had on subsequent games as well.

I don't know if the club fines offenders but they surely must do something draconian so that we don't replicate this unenviable record next season.

Hard to believe that this forum was full of outrage about the injustice in many of the red cards received earlier in the season.

Funny how quick some people are to change their perception when it suits them.

and therein lies the problem .......... and a perfect example of what I was talking about yesterday ....

our figures (entered after each game)

post-2-0-37071500-1335878297.png

The figures in the STV article

post-2-0-97833900-1335878307_thumb.png

The figures from ESPN

post-2-0-10710600-1335878318_thumb.png

The figures from SPL website

ICT Yellows: SPL say 68 - we say 67, STV say 60, ESPN say 64

ICT Reds: SPL say 7 - we say 6, STV say 5, ESPN say 7

Wish the SPL did something like MLS before each game:

07-SaltLake-v-TFC-gameguide.pdf