FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Its Dundee ?

Suppose it makes sense that Dundee rather than Dunfermline were admitted what with the derby with United etc

Downside with the Dees though will be some of the party songs sung by the Dundee Derry boys, something I hoped would have been eradicated this season seeing the Orcs will be in the third division

Traditionally the Dees also have a larger travelling support than Dunfermline so I still believe the right decision has been made

Dougal

And they like to smash up train coaches on the way up north.

At least they didn't pick 5th placed club as they did in England in 1919.

Extract from Wikipedia History of Arsenal

The club controversially rejoined the First Division in 1919,[17][18] despite only finishing sixth in 1914–15, the last season of competitive football before the First World War had intervened — although an error in the calculation of goal average meant Arsenal had actually finished fifth,[19] an error which was corrected by the Football League in 1975.[20] The First Division was being expanded from 20 teams to 22, and the two new entrants were elected at an AGM of the Football League. One of the extra places was given to Chelsea, who had finished 19th in the First Division and thus had been already relegated. The other spot could have gone to 20th-placed Tottenham Hotspur (also relegated), or to Barnsley or Wolves, who had finished third and fourth in the Second Division respectively.

Neil Doncaster has now issued Dundee FC with their formal invitation to join the SPL.

post-50-0-54533100-1342524546.jpg

Activities will include:

Pass the parcel

Blind man's bluff

Chinese whispers

Musical chairmen

Pin the P45 on the Doncky

• Agree 2

For personal reasons I'm quite glad about this. Dundee is another ground easy for me to get to when I'm at uni.

Yeah, I thought something similar so I went to Dundee's website to see what the ticket prices are - nothing (unless I wanted a season ticket!).

Ah well, must be due to the uncertainty of which league they would be in which is perfectly reasonable thinks I, so off I pop across the road to their oppo's website and find . . . the same, absolutely nowt.

Now why would DUFC not have ticket prices ready I wonder . . . ? :shrug02::ponder:

might be a silly question but i havent seen anything anywhere that shows they have exited administration. surely that couldn't be right could it?

edit my bad i found it :furtive:

Edited by Tug

Dundee not in list of SPL teams, purporting to be a list of season 2011/2012...but a space where oldco used to be . But Barry Smith is in list of 12 SPL managers. No Dundee in SFL 1

THE Rangers in SFL 3 with all oldco's honours, and history...and as yet no sign of having an SFA licence.

So everything as clear as the usual mud in Scottish Football!

Maybe change the thread title to Is it Dundee.and move it into the black hole currently occupied by Doncaster, Regan and Longmuir

At this minute old Rangers still hold the share and are refusing to hand it over till SFA licence sorted so Dundee have to wait a bit longer.

In which case have SFL not jumped the gun including Sevco and removing Dee?

Sounds as if Oldco are running true to form......no share until them and Newco get their own way. Last I heard was that they hadn't agreed a licence and were still talking (with mutterings on the side about a provisional licence for Brechin game and continuing discussions next week) . Maybe still talking should be read as Oldco/newco are still threatening.

Shambles, shambles........and the heid bummers still have jobs. Unbelievable.

Edited by Oddquine