FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dear Mr Brines

bauhaus

Sorry to say your best days are behind you. Many wrong decisions tonight, both ways, but it could have been costly. Draper booking was not, Doran booking was not ( he lost his footing and got up immediately without even appealing or looking at ref ), foul before their goal was a brilliantly timed tackle. Thats before I even think of the mistakes against county by the whistler.

SPL/SFA Please dont sent Mr Brines back up to ref in the Highlands. Its not his first poor game up here

• Agree 9

Guest Mahonio

Foul by Meekings for free kick that led to goal was for "follow through" or so Stevie Craigan said anyway but then at Full-Time he said "i'd be unhappy as a Centre Half if that went against me".

Have a look at the Meekings tackle on Scott. If that is given for a "follow through" (which isn't a reason to give a free kick incidentally then why did we not get a penalty when Tokely tackled Mckay in the second half and caught him "on the follow through"?

Brines is a terrible referee but then again so are most of the guys we see each week sadly.

Just seen the highlights and the free kick incident...never in a million years was that a free kick. He clearly played the ball and it was only his momentum that caused the follow through.

He's always been a bad referee it's just that now he's worse than that, on another night those stupid picky decisions could easily have gone against us and it would have been all so different. Yes they have a difficult job but it's not made easier by decisions like the yellow card on Doran was woeful. My brother is an up-and-coming referee and hasn't got a good word to say about his performances.

I can understand why TB gets frustrated and has thoughts but we all know the SFA rules and unfortunately nothing can be said directly.

The best referees are those that are not seen or talked about as they always have full control of the game and players, when a referee decides he's going to make his mark on a game or stamp is authority, which usually happens in bigger games/derby games, then you know it's going to be one of those nights.

• Agree 1

He's always been a bad referee it's just that now he's worse than that, on another night those stupid picky decisions could easily have gone against us and it would have been all so different. Yes they have a difficult job but it's not made easier by decisions like the yellow card on Doran was woeful. My brother is an up-and-coming referee and hasn't got a good word to say about his performances.

I can understand why TB gets frustrated and has thoughts but we all know the SFA rules and unfortunately nothing can be said directly.

The best referees are those that are not seen or talked about as they always have full control of the game and players, when a referee decides he's going to make his mark on a game or stamp is authority, which usually happens in bigger games/derby games, then you know it's going to be one of those nights.

(last paragraph)...................Dash I missed him

I've been a ref for 19 years, though never above medium amateur level, and I've had poor games as well, but the overall standard of professional refereeing seems on the decline. Switzerland for example didn't have a Super League match without a major error since August. Same with Austria, and in Germany it's not very much better. The only reason I can think of is the unbearable pressure by the media...

• Agree 1

I've been a ref for 19 years, though never above medium amateur level, and I've had poor games as well, but the overall standard of professional refereeing seems on the decline. Switzerland for example didn't have a Super League match without a major error since August. Same with Austria, and in Germany it's not very much better. The only reason I can think of is the unbearable pressure by the media...

but.............as I have said on another thread, if referees get the basic decisions correct, this negates a lot of the media attention that they get. Why a referee cannot get the basics correct is beyond me. Brine's performance in the second hald was astonishingly poor and could have cost us the game on another night. The goal gave County a great lift which they would not otherwise have got. The fact that they were poor and unable to take advantage of the many dodgy decisions that went their way should not mask the impact Brines had on the game in the second half. His poor refereeing effectively made the game a lot poorer in the second half.

The yellow card against Doran was nonsensical, I don't mind mistakes in refereeing, cos' it's a heck of a job, at breakneck speed - but booking someone for simulation when there was zero, zero reason to do so, when you have all the time in the world to call it - well - has to mean Brines has lost it as a ref. He was way out of control throughout.

but.............as I have said on another thread, if referees get the basic decisions correct, this negates a lot of the media attention that they get. Why a referee cannot get the basics correct is beyond me. Brine's performance in the second hald was astonishingly poor and could have cost us the game on another night. The goal gave County a great lift which they would not otherwise have got. The fact that they were poor and unable to take advantage of the many dodgy decisions that went their way should not mask the impact Brines had on the game in the second half. His poor refereeing effectively made the game a lot poorer in the second half.

As I said in another thread, he was nothing but poor. I don't want to make an excuse for him, but he's not the only ref with exactly these problems. BTW, our friend Madden had the Germany vs Faroe qualifyer tie just after his "show" at Tynecastle, and didn't look too confident to me, though he couldn't do much wrong. Extraordinary pressure lowers confidence, without confidence it gets more and more difficult to do even the basic things right. Same with players, look at Shane Sutherland in the first few games.

Excessive TV replays are exactly the reason for all this pressure and the problems we have in football in our time.

• Agree 1

The yellow card against Doran was nonsensical, I don't mind mistakes in refereeing, cos' it's a heck of a job, at breakneck speed - but booking someone for simulation when there was zero, zero reason to do so, when you have all the time in the world to call it - well - has to mean Brines has lost it as a ref. He was way out of control throughout.

When you compare Doran's booking to Luis Suarez not being booked against Stoke, its just so laughable. But then when Stoke City's Huth wasnt even booked for his obvious stamp on Suarez, and the number of assaults the Liverpool players were subjected too by Stoke players, Stoke were lucky to only get six booked. That said look at the kick boxing between Stirling Albion and Ian Black, and it wasn't seen as a sending off by the ref.

Some decisions can be explained by the speed of the game, some by being unsighted, but some are just plain bad referees

• Agree 1