FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

any ICT fan will tell you that whenever Colin Nish gets a chance against us he is gonna score.

Aye, it was inevitable that Colin Pish was gonna score against us. Over the last 10 years he has been a thorn in our side for Clyde, Killie, Hibs and now Dundee. The only surprise is that he never scored against us when he was at Hartlepool!

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

After the other teams play their games this weekend the best we can hope for is 4th and worst 7th

I would be happy with a Celtic win and draws for the rest. (5th)

In the meantime the table looks pretty good

Well done troops another good result.

Highest goal scorers in SPL,SFL,EPL and CL

There must be a bit of pant pooping going on around Govan at the minute, Im getting ahead of myself that game doesnt exist till the Jonnys game is finished.

Well that was a another feckin fine away day with Terry and Mo - better than expected following groom Sneck and did we sing and should we be on feckin X Factor ? As fer the game - we basically did to Dungdee what we have allowed the Old Filth to do to us fer years - we blew them away in the first ten minutes - then we were solid an patient - and then we killed them off. Sure the game looked in the balance until the Shinnie penalty but I certainly didn't feel uneasy throughout and I felt that if they equalised we could have raised our game and won anyway. But let's feckin face it - anywhere away in the SPL - when you do not exactly play at your best but you win and score four goals - I would take that any feckin day.

My only slight beef initially was that TB didn't try out Shane as an out and out centre forward and even when he took him on he played him wide feckin right. Shure McKay scored two and was really lively but that was against a ragged defence and I still do not feel that he should start up front on his own. TB wasted Rastamouse last nite as well. but hey feckin HO.

REGUERO. 7/10. He comes from Sunny Spain - he's never heard of Tain - at the moment his eccentricity and his uniqueness are entertaining but I would like to see Esson back becos I fear that our loveable wee spaniard may be due a Manueline moment - but there again so did a wee man called Calder.

RAVEN 8/10. MOM - OK I may be being generous but here is a wee question fer ya - would you prefer to have Tokely or Doeadeer at rite back ? - my answer is NO - poor Raven really has been Proctorised and got some kip ANY time he made the slightest mistake. He will never be a ramshackle attacking force but he has a real "head" for the game and he is feckin SOLID defensively.

SHINNIE 6/10 I thought that he struggled last night and he really looks susceptible when he faces an out and out winger with pace. by the way who was the nippy wee **** on the rite ?

WARREN 8/10. Hats off to TB and the scout who unearthed this feckin signing. he simply looks better and better every time I see him and he will score in double figures this season - and I don't need any feckin the cups to prophecy that - another question - Warren or Munro ??

MEEKINGS. 6/10. Again I thought that he was a bit dodgy last nite and Warren covered his ass on a few occasions but he is there to stay in central defence.

RASTAMOUSE 5/10. Was his talent wasted last nite or wot ? He is not a feckin wide defensive minded individual - the boy is a feckin forward who needs to be played with a foil like Foran or Sutherland. He simply should NOT be played with McKay in a 4-5-1.

DRAPER. 6/10. Well not his best nite but he scores again and he is solid enuff to boot - Question - Duncan or Draper ?

OTJ 6/10. Sorry but he simply does not float my boat. he looks a wee bit lost when he is in the mis

Dudley of a fast flowing battle. He has a great touch and a good pass but he really does move more like a giraffe than the type of animal that ya need in midfield.

SHINNIE. 8/10. Very close to MOM and revelled in a free role and extra responsibility which he does not always get when Foraan starts. he could be a real match winner if we play him rite.

DORAN 6/10. Is he an annoying inconsistent wee ******* or wot ? Was he Jekyll and Hyde last nite but at least we saw glimpses of class

McKay 7/10. Tucked away the goals well and runs his feckin heart out BUT iI still rate him as a real good squad member and I pray that Foran is back for St Jones Town as TB will play him lone up front which - at home - would be a big mistake.

SHANE 5/10. He came on and I thought - lets go fer it and stick him rite up front - and then TB sticks him wide feckin rite in the role that killed off Rastamouse - what the feck !!

any ICT fan will tell you that whenever Colin Nish gets a chance against us he is gonna score.

Aye, it was inevitable that Colin Pish was gonna score against us. Over the last 10 years he has been a thorn in our side for Clyde, Killie, Hibs and now Dundee. The only surprise is that he never scored against us when he was at Hartlepool!

I would have been chuffed if we had landed Nish but - despite his goal - he is at the end of his career and he does not fit in to a Dungdee outfit that looks like a team that would have benefitted fro another season in the SFL and went with their yoof. It will be a battle with the Tinks fer 12th place and Colin Nish will be the joker who will take them down

I reckon Roberts just got tired, the pace of the game here is a world away from what he's used to. Agree with IHE though, we never really looked as if we could lose this game despite Dundee having a lot of the ball for long spells. We certainly could'nt sustain the pace of the first 10 minutes - if we could we'd be Barca. I thought Shinnie, A. was MOTM by a country mile. Great feet, great awareness and he can finish. Fabulous.

• Agree 2

It was certainly an entertaining game and could have had many more goals in it if it wasn't for some lacklustre finishing. When it was 2 - 1 Dundee had a lot of the ball but only seemed to create half chances at best and when they did carve out real openings then they either found Reguero in their way, fantastic save from Nish, or were thwarted by their own poor finishing, Milne for example. We also had some good chances to build on our lead but, like Dundee, couldn't finish some of the chances that came our way.

Both defences looked brutal at times. Dundee got some joy playing balls in behind our full backs particularly Raven who sometimes went to sleep as did Roberts on the left had side which often meant Graeme Shinnie was exposed at left back. That might have been the reason he was hooked for Sutherland.

Horrible defending from Dundee for the first two ICT goals, especially from McGregor who wanted too long to pick a pass. Draper, who is fast becoming one of my favourite players at ICT, rapidly closed him down and forced the ball through to Doran before Mckay eventually finished. Dozy play allowed Warren to steal in at the back and double the lead. Nish, who is always good for a goal against ICT, steered the ball calmly past Reguero as we failed to clear the ball and thereafter Dundee had a lot of the ball but Sutherland was clearly fouled for the penalty and Andrew Shinnie made no mistake. I had to leave after that to race down to get a train so I missed the second goal from Mckay but having seen the highlights it's a great finish.

Still would like to see the defence become a bit tighter but that will hopefully come with time. Going forward I can't believe how much of a threat we look at times given we have lost players like Hayes and Tade and were also missing Foran. That said, a lot of these goals have come against the three worst team in the league. Still, it's rare to be coming away from an ICT game for the third fixture in a row feeling this good about the way we are playing. Third in the league? Not too shabby.

lastly, i feel i seen enough from dundee today to tell me they could be in trouble........... however i think that they are just as good as county.

From what I've seen so far Dundee look the worst team in the league by far. BUT if County hadn't got a soft penalty at Dens, both those sides would be level on 5 points.

Fantastic result and despite the match being a bit scrappy the lads showed faith in the game plan and got stuck in at every opportunity.

Disagree with comments that Roberts is wasted out wide....the guy has three major strengths and being there makes best use of all of them....

1. He can, and will run at anyone.

2. He can pick a fly off the erse of any man in the box with his delivery.

3. He has the pace to get back quick and support defensively when needed.

Being a 65/70 minute player doesn't worry me...having spoke to him a few times, he is well aware of the fact that he's playing catch-up in terms of the fitness required to last 90 minutes in the SPL and relishes and welcomes the challenge in getting there.

In fact, I wouldn't fault our set up and tactics at all last night. As I said above....the game plan was fairly obvious and even when under pressure the team stuck to it, no panic, no resorting to hoof ball etc.

Surprised Reguero isn't getting more of a mention....apart from one moment when he came for the cross from the corner and missed it (or did he? need to see the replay) he was solid and had two exceptional saves which not only kept us in the game but destroyed the morale of the Dundee forwards.

Confidence and belief is high among our squad....quite rightly so, and long may it continue.

I'd only score one of our players 7/10 last night....the rest were 8's and 9's....but as a team it was 10/10.

• Agree 3

Roberts needs more weight and stregth to stop being pushed off the ball -time we saw him in the gym albeit only 19 years old but look at the difference in Shane

Also need to sign a few of these players who are only on 1 year contracts -apparently a few scouts /managers in the stand watching a couple of players and it couldn't be any of the Dundee team thats for sure

great result a bit flattering but 1-4 away from home anytime is good

Roberts needs more weight and stregth to stop being pushed off the ball -time we saw him in the gym albeit only 19 years old but look at the difference in Shane

Aye and look how slow Shane is by comparison. I like Shane but playing him out wide is an odd choice.

As with any game I go to I don't read the thread before posting about it and last night's game is no different, only just getting chance to post now so if I am repeating anything that has been spoken about I apologise.

Cracking result at a ground where we may have otherwise dropped points in the past although travelling to the game and on the way up to the ground I never had a thought that we wouldn't get anything other than a win especially going by our form and I hoped that the international break didn't have a negative effect and I was proved right. It was a game that beforehand most would have said that we should have taken something from if not all saying a win.

Really enjoyed the game on the whole especially the first and last fifteen minutes, we hit the ground running and looked composed, confident and weren't afraid to pop the ball about and pass our way through Dundee. You can see what TB and MM are setting out to do and our play at times defintely showed this with the players looking confident in playing a passing game. Ok Dundee started to come more into the game but to be fair, especially in the first half, they only had one out ball and that was up to Colin Nish who we struggled to cope with in the first half but was very quiet in the second. For all Dundee came into the game and made it less comfortable for us they didn't greatly threaten our goal and when they did Reguero stood up to the task with one particularly good save sticking in my mind spreading himself down to his right at point blank range - I forget who from.

It's weird how being at a game your thoughts are different from that of watching the game on tv and being actually being there and when we got back and watched it on Alba on the re-run it didn't seem like Dundee posed us as many problems as I thought they did. Overall it was a good performance and a great away win and you can't ask for anymore from these types of games and I am thoroughly delighted and was also good to get to a game as well and a great start to the weekend.

We do have areas where we need to improve quite quickly, RB being one as we were hopelessly caught out too often with Raven hugging in too close to the CBs and leaving masses of space for their runners to get into. I also think we lack someone on the left wing and where I thought Roberts played well he looked a bit isolated at times and uncomfortable but he did make one excellent run where he bent his shot just passed the far side post. Bringing Sutherland on definately changed the balance back in our favour again and good to see TB making a change earlier than he normally does.

All in all one very happy Jaggie today :cheer01:

Horrible defending from Dundee for the first two ICT goals, especially from McGregor who wanted too long to pick a pass.

There defending was shambolic but what was even more ridiculous is that Dundee's tannoy announced McGregor as man of the match :blink:

Two great saves by Reguero at end of first half.

Yes they were very important, and the 2nd looked quite spectacular - but at the risk of sounding uncharitable, I would expect any SPL keeper to have made those saves. :hiding:

Even one who appears to have been signed as a forward according to the Squad list? :wink:

Antonio Reguero 223.jpg

• Position: Forward

• Date of Birth: 04.07.82

• Place of Birth: Spain

• Signed From: Gandia

• Date Signed: July 2012

Going forward I can't believe how much of a threat we look at times given we have lost players like Hayes and Tade and were also missing Foran. That said, a lot of these goals have come against the three worst team in the league.

True, but in previous years we've struggled to break down and score against these sorts of teams (Hamilton springs to mind).

True, but in previous years we've struggled to break down and score against these sorts of teams (Hamilton springs to mind).

Ah yes, Hamilton and their "every man behind the ball" tactics. Those were tedious games!