FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

Roberts off, Shanes on and Inverness lose their rhythm ? Fecks sake, whats wrong with Roberts?

Roberts doesn't get penalties? Lol! :wink:

Well done the boys...and now I'm going to have pretend I don't know the score because a dee fan, who has been avoiding the score like the plague, is coming down to watch the game on Alba. My face now composed, my tongue is bleeding because my teeth are meeting through it and the wee swally (or a few) is available to deaden the result for my mate!

Edited by Oddquine
  • Agree 4

Think Butcher needs to start thinking about the future and sign some of these players for next season, most are one 1 year deals.

Heard some clubs are sniffing about Draper already.

Think that's more up to the board as to how long players stay. Third. Third? Third! Wow!!!!

Roberts off, Shanes on and Inverness lose their rhythm ? Fecks sake, whats wrong with Roberts?

Roberts doesn't get penalties? Lol! :wink:

True, but he can hit the target! :smile:

Anyway, 10 games played and 3rd place in the league, who would have thought it !!! where's the smug smiley?

Hope this brings the stayaway fans back to TCS next week!

Top scorers in the league (22 goals for)..7 more than next highest....sadly tho...second worst defence lol. But hey...im not bothered as long as wee stay one place ahead of bottom place...or more :)

• Agree 1

Think Butcher needs to start thinking about the future and sign some of these players for next season, most are one 1 year deals.

Heard some clubs are sniffing about Draper already.

Would be good....but if punters don't turn up for games so ICT get a decent income....chance would be a fine thing!

Great result but from the commentary I'm not sure about the performance. Obviously started very strongly but allowed Dundee to get back in it and it sounded as though Dundee were the more likely team for much of the game until we stepped up a gear at the end. Might have thrown it away against a better side than Dundee - and all the other sides are better than Dundee! Sounds like 4 - 1 flattered us but the positive here is that we are finding the back of the net with regularity.

We seem to have the potential to blow teams away and we need to keep the focus and the hunger for the full 90 minutes. If we can do that it is not just a question of top 6 next year, it could be Europe!

BBC seemed to pick out Raven and A Shinnie as the top players so it seems it is someone different every week. Get everyone at the top of their game at the same time and we will be awesome.

Well staying with my sis in dundee and just been to a wonderful game of football. What can i say well the first 10 minutes were a real blur they went that quickly. Billy scored a real good goal after some impressive build up play. It was dreamland only 3 mins later when warren left unmarked at the back post finished emphatically into the roof of the net. We continued to press and i have to say dundee were already dead and buried but the game changed with nish's goal. Some good work down the right by there number 7 reilly (who was a danger throughout) showed some fight to win back a ball that he almost lost and unfortunately for us the ball mangled to get to nish who finished very well. After that the game went a lot more even. Caley still looked a threat but dundee now had some momentum and really started to pressure us. Our defence looked pretty solid again and reguero showed he was a real good shot stopper. The first he smothered well from a tight angle and the second was really impressive beating away a nish shot which was bound for the corner. We got to half time but this game was far from over. The second half dundee really came at us and i thought at on stage it was only a matter of time. they missed a real sitter before having a few dangerous balls played across the box which only needed someone to tap in. But again we looked dangerous. Andrew shinnie was great all game his touch was great but his burst of pace was really frightening for there back 4 as he drove towards. He had a few good chances one he slashed well wide and one which went narrowly wide. Roberts had a good chance but he again narrowly missed. Reguero wasnt really tested in the second half but we still had a feeling that dundee could get an equaliser as nish was winning everything in the air. Shanes arrival i thought gave us more stability down the left as roberts didnt really track back and he was again dangerous driving at the defensive line. About 78 mins and draper hit the bar from point blank range and we all wondered if that would come back to haunt us but shane held up the ball really well to win the penalty. Shinnie smashed it down the middle and the 3 points were ours. But we decided that we needed one more and shinnie was involved again playing a great ball to mckay who showed really composure to dummy the sliding defender and knock the ball into the opposite corner to a wild celebration. We did have periods were we started playing the long ball alot again but dundee were very one dimentional only being a threat from the long ball. The song sheet tonight was great with all the traditional songs and our dundee songs plus we are gonna win the league which was pretty funny. All in all another good performance and we look really good going forward onwards and upwards but if you dont believe me then watch alba

• Agree 1

Great result but from the commentary I'm not sure about the performance.

Rest assured, this was a very good performance. Granted, there were a few scary moments at the back when it was 2-1, but we were the better team from start to finish, with the quality of our attacking in a different league to theirs. Which it will be next season, literally.

Got to praise Andy Shinnie for such a classy display. Superb close control, the ball was sticking to his foot and he got us through their defence countless times with a combination of neat one-twos and direct running. My MotM. :clapping:

Roberts was really good when he got the ball, as ever. But I guess the reason for subbing him is that he can't be relied upon defensively, and his overall workrate wasn't very good tonight IMO.

I was surprised that it was Shane who was brought on, especially after being out for a few weeks, but fair play, he did pretty well and caused problems.

Managed to avoid knowing the score until I watched it on Alba. We always looked good going forward, and although Dundee gave us some problems between our great start and equally great finish, I was always confident we'd prevail.

Good to see McKay take his goals well. That'll do his confidence no end of good.

Two great saves by Reguero at end of first half. Apart from flapping at one corner, he had little to do in the second half.

Roll on St J. I feel optimistic that we can beat them.

Just watched the game 'as live' on BBC Alba. We started superbly, we always do well when we press the opposition and play with the intensity we showed early on. Draper again showed his value as a ball winner, nicking the ball to set up the first goal and McKay had a great flick on for the second. We dropped back a bit after that, I'm not sure we can maintain the pressure we played at for ninety minutes. Dundee pushed us back and we were lucky to go in ahead at half-time, if we're being honest. Again, right at the start of the second half the Dees should've equalised when Milne missed from six yards out. However, after that we solidified and weren't really caused any problems, while playing some good stuff going forward. Andy Shinnie was superb, great touches when he needed to drop deep and always dangerous when in possession further up the park. He showed great strength in the run up to the fourth goal, really good play from him.

Really, really pleasing set of results from us.

we won 4-1 big deal, happens every week for us.

bigger news is that nandos lived up to the hype.

but seriously.

billy mckay got the reward he deserved for his work rate, great shift, great second goal, and the first one seemed to take forever to go in though but it went in.

andy shinnie was superb, dundee would get back into the game a bit then he would get the ball run at defenders and change the whole complexion. first class perfrormance.

doran and roberts, popped up every so often in good areas, wasnt the typical winger role they tended to come inside and attack dundee by showing players like gary irvine and davide grassi onto their wrong side and had alot of joy through that.

draper and jones, they were quite quiet i thought, draper especially quieter than usual, but i still cant fault them so id say they were solid, i feel their sheer pressence is tough to break down, so a key component to the ict machine.

dave the rave, i thought dundee had more joy down shinnies side than ravens, thought he was pretty solid.

g.shinnie, hes definatly better going forward than back, hes a little workhorse and i can understand why he was captain, but didnt feel tonight was his best game, thought dundee little number 7 got some joy against him.

meekings and warren, fairly solid, got abit mixed up a couple times, prime example was dundees goal but they were dealing with nish and dundee were simply punting the ball up to him and they wernt going to win it in the air, so they had to let him take it down then combat it when he had it on the deck, nish is a big centre forward, but he aint a footballer.

sutherland, came on played like an old fashioned inside forward, won a penalty, fell over a few times, but most imprtantly, caused problems. well played shane and tel and mo for bringing him on at a time when we needed a goal, and he didnt score it but he played just a big a role in it as andy shinnie did by scoring it. good comeback.

lastly, i feel i seen enough from dundee today to tell me they could be in trouble, but they remind me of us abit last season, good going forward but not able to take their chances, however i think that they are just as good as county. im gonna g on a limb and say they will make the bottom two.

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 2

I watched the game "as live" on BBC Alba. Did anyone else see the penalty shout for Dundee towards the end of the first half? The ball ran across the 6 yard box, and to me it looked like Warren looked for and then backed into the incoming Dundee striker, which thus brought him down. Some who were at the game may have had a better view of it, but from what I saw and the subsequent replays of it, it looked like a penalty to me and probably a red card for Warren too.

Could have changed the game that.

Some say that 4-1 was flattering but it could easily have been more than 4. Fantastic start with the 2 early goals, got stuck into Dundee and got the early ascendancy as a result. The Dundee goal was sluggish defending and any ICT fan will tell you that whenever Colin Nish gets a chance against us he is gonna score. Dundee began to pen us in after that and the 2 saves from Reguero before half time were top class. Couldve been a very different story otherwise.

2nd half was fairly even id say was fairly even, both sides squandered chances, but we always looked the more dangerous in the final third. Glad Shinnie got his penalty, bouncing back from the one he missed at Fir Park, and Billy's second goal was masterfully taken, showed great composure to skin Grassi and then stroke the ball past Big Rab.

3 wins, 11 goals scored and only 2 conceded. Makes great for the stats and long may it continue. Great credit to the lads tonight as that was mainly a side made up of youngsters and missing Foran but they stuck to the task and got the result. Huge difference from last season, just seems to be more belief in the side.

Sad to say it but i think Dundee are going down, thrown in at the deep end with virtually no time to build a team suitable. Just lacking any real quality in the final third and defense. Going to be a long season for them.

Another cracking atmosphere too, chants never stopped, makes the away days all the more enjoyable.

Bring St J's and Sevco Franchise :bananallama:

• Agree 1