FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signs when you know you're a ICT supporter.

GMD

The atmosphere at Tannadice for our first really big 'home' cup game and the ovation given to the players at the end despite the result. Putting 5 past Arbroath in our very first league game even being at Telford Street cheering on a team in blue seemed counter intuitive.

Thought this would be a bit of fun....

#1 - You remember Scotrail being a shirt sponsor

#2 - You recall when the club shop wasn't in a portacabin

Anyone got any good memories of being an ICT fan?

I still have that shirt. Feckin love it too.

Have to say its a bit tight now tho haha

Edited by ferben94

Citylink. All blue strips shirts. The terrace at Stenhousemuir. Going to the open day at the TCS when it was pretty much all just steelwork. Only having one stand. Voting on the club name after moving to TCS. Taking a couple thousand fans to Livi and being 0-3 down after 22 minutes (still one of the best fightbacks ever...). Ridiculous scorelines weekly during the Pele years. Pele. February 8th 2000. Drawing with Dundee Utd with a Mark McCulloch wondergoal. Calling Pittodrie 'home'. The first SPL game in the Highlands. Skelping Liverpool 5-0. Clach Park for the Inverness Cup Final v County in '95 (?). Being delighted with a cup draw at Tynecastle in our 'lucky' strips.

There's been a few...

• Agree 1

You know you're an ICT supporter when you start to worry about losing our manager pretty much every time a vacancy arises at a bigger club. :sad:

I'd be more concerned as an ICT Supporter if our managers were doing such a poor job that no other clubs were interested in them!

Looking forward to an "away day" at the begin of every year for the Scottish Cup.

The bus driver asking for directions to Stenhousemuir.

The best of these being the only two away supporters in an empty 60,000 seater stadium when the game was called off due to a piece of guttering flapping about in the wind. It was okay though because the nice boys from east end of Glasgow let us win the re-schedule match!

Going right back to the beginning, as well as the sadness that went with the last Caley - Jags derby game, I felt real anticipation at the thought of my home town getting a shot at the moving up the leagues and seeing how far we could go. We've made a new history within Scottish football since then which is great and along the way:

the Pele years...

Dennis's goal at Hearts...

Mike T on the rampage (up the wing that is)

Paul Cherry tackles...

Charlie Christie's threaded 10 yard passes... 

ICT taking on Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz etc at Tannadice...

really feeling we could create an upset at Parkhead that night and...

Promotions...

Adam Rooney's goals - and misses...

Relegation wasnt nice but the first division was enjoyable in lots of games. More recently I have to be in Glasgow a lot with my work and fairly walking tall in the office down there these days is also great.

Signs you know you are a long time ICT supporter ......

You just read through the 10 pages of the latest merger debate and are sure you read the exact same posts last year

and the year before

and the year before

and the year before

• Agree 2

Signs you know you are a long time ICT supporter ......

You just read through the 10 pages of the latest merger debate and are sure you read the exact same posts last year

and the year before

and the year before

and the year before

and you really cant take any more lol!!!

Knowing which team Sharp moved their sponsorship too after they ended their long term association with Manchester United!

Denzil getting 2 goals in injury time to snatch a 3-3 draw with the tinks.

The wee Queens park player in the league cup game walking backwards and banging into Bobby Mann, turning round and then looking slowly up... and up.. and up! (and we still lost the game 2-1!)

Roscco's goal and Bagans run and then goal against the Jambo's at Tynecastle!

Pom Poms in The Cartvale!

Citylink. All blue strips shirts. The terrace at Stenhousemuir. Going to the open day at the TCS when it was pretty much all just steelwork. Only having one stand. Voting on the club name after moving to TCS. Taking a couple thousand fans to Livi and being 0-3 down after 22 minutes (still one of the best fightbacks ever...). Ridiculous scorelines weekly during the Pele years. Pele. February 8th 2000. Drawing with Dundee Utd with a Mark McCulloch wondergoal. Calling Pittodrie 'home'. The first SPL game in the Highlands. Skelping Liverpool 5-0. Clach Park for the Inverness Cup Final v County in '95 (?). Being delighted with a cup draw at Tynecastle in our 'lucky' strips.

There's been a few...

You'll find it was 4-0 after 22 mins.

I remember it well. The likes of Ace Of Base and James were on the latest NOW compilation CD's and John Robertson, who was brought on as a substitute, was in my mind the sole reason we didn't complete the comeback that we thought may have happened.

Not to mention this...

482033_10151097258172497_1262556386_n.jp