FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pep to Bayern

bdu98196

German league football went through a poor period but it has got its act together again.  German club sides may well become the dominant force in Eurpoean football in the next 4 or 5 years and this success will be reflected in the national side - much as it pains me to say it.  I think Pep has made a good choice and if he can instil some of the Barcelona style into the German game, they might even be good to watch as well.

everyone put bayern on to win the champions league this year. its scripted already. the only reason they didnt win it last year was due to it being drogbas last game for chelsea. this year with it being jopps last season they will win it. it has to happen. (i say jopp cause i cant be arsed searching out the spelling for his surname.)

Its a good move though as the Bayern team has some excellent quality players as German football as said is a very strong league, probably better than Italy and technically better than EPL. Its probably not all financially based either as I'm sure the english clubs would have paid whatever it cost to sign him.

I think that the main reason for Guardiola to join Bayern was the board. Chelsea is owned by a Putin intimus, Man City by some megalomaniac sheiks. Bayern, OTOH, are an independent club with nearly 200k members, a democratically elected board and ex-footballers like Beckenbauer, Hoeness and Rummenigge on it who share 250 caps between them. And that is not likely to change, as the German football league sticks to a rule that forbids investors to buy more than 49% of the shares. Even if the rule were not in place, Bayern had no necessity to invite someone like Abramovich, as their bank balance is around € 100m. Positive, not debt!