FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reality

Doofer

Despite are good form so far this season, we are only 9 points ahead of st mirren and county in 10th and 11th. The league is very compact from 2nd to 11th and far from over. I have complete faith that our form will continue and will remain firmly in the top 6.

Despite are good form so far this season, we are only 9 points ahead of st mirren and county in 10th and 11th. The league is very compact from 2nd to 11th and far from over. I have complete faith that our form will continue and will remain firmly in the top 6.

I predicted that come the end of the season, there might not be many points seperating 2nd place from 11th. Its gonna be the most interesting season ever (probably)

In the race for the European spots, every single game besides Celtic and Dundee are 6 pointers now.

County are 10th, equal with 11th, if they beat us in our game in hand then we will only be 6 points ahead of them.

Too many people on here talking about miraculous seasons far too early, its way way too tight to be taking any pride in the league position.  We have nothing to boast about yet.

• Agree 4

I can recall Colin Powell once telling me that "A dream does not become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work". Wise words I can recall thinking to myself but then Bob Marley passed me the spliff and addded "Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you are riding through the ruts don't complicate your mind. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality."

The reality is that we are in second place with ten games to go to the split. We have games in hand against a few of the teams below us. All we need to do now is equal or better the results of all below us then regroup and alter our battle plan for the final run in. Much like HMS Sneck and Hood did against the Tirpitz.

• Agree 1

The reality is that we are in second place with ten games to go to the split. We have games in hand against a few of the teams below us. All we need to do now is equal or better the results of all below us then regroup and alter our battle plan for the final run in. Much like HMS Sneck and Hood did against the Tirpitz.

AHH Alex, that's maybe why we come and go in waves, We will have to shore things up at the back and flood the opposition with goals to make sure we sink the b*****s.  :wink:

Jaisus some folk can't wait for us to fall and say told you so. When was the last time we sat 2nd in the Premier League for a month and beat both the Old Firm away? So, its tight and competitive, isn't that good? Don't we want every match to count? Anything can happen - great.

We've won nothing yet? Nobody's won anything yet.

• Agree 2

bluesman, believe me on this forum this is positivity. Delve into last seasons posts and you will find that if you mentioned  anything half as positive you would get bombarded with sneering comments of wearing rose coloured specs. be patient they are learning.   :twothumbsup:  

• Agree 2

Everything I've said is true though. If Ross County beat Hearts tomorrow and then us in the re-arranged derby, they will be 3 points between us. Waken up folks.

...and once they play Hearts, that'll give us a game in hand!

But I'm putting money on them losing both these games anyway.

County have done well in their last 3 games, I'm hoping for a draw tomorrow but there's no reason they cant go on and win.

That game we lost on Wednesday night, County played them just a few days ago and won the same fixture 4-1.

I'd rather be in our position that anybody else outside Celtic but there's nothing miraculous or extraordinary about this season yet, had we another 7-10 points on the board then yeah I'd be happy clapping along with the rest of 'em.

That game we lost on Wednesday night, County played them just a few days ago and won the same fixture 4-1.

You usually post a lot of sense but this kind of argument is a joke right?

Just like Celtic beating Liverpool and us beating Celtic 3 days later.....

Or how a mate of mine worked out the other week - Stirling Albion beat Rangers 1-0, Stirling Uni beat Albion 3-0, Whitehill Welfare beat Stirling Uni 4-0, therefore WW would beat Rangers 8-0..... [ :laugh:]

We went to Darkheid and won 1-0, Cownty went there and lost 4-0.

St Mirren hit top form the other night, at least in the first half, but we should have won. Cownty beat them 4-1 because they were dreadful and gifted them goals, on a day that Cownty were well up for it. Just like they're always well up for playing us, but haven't beaten us for over 3 years if I recall.

Well done to Cownty this season BTW, but wait till the 'difficult second season!' [:crazy:]

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 2