FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for United

Alex MacLeod

Difficultone to call this week. I'd stick with the same line-up that started against Motherwell but the Rave is available so where does he slot in?

This will also be Forans last game of this season as he's suspended for the County bash.

Agree with those above - same team as the Well game, but Raven comes back in, with Devine dropping out and Meekings back in the middle. Formation and tactics just the same.

I liked the pace at which we played with Shinniesta & Nick playing - Doran moving around and Billy up front trying to run behind the defence. Leaves Foran & Draper holding the middle.

Main danger is GMS and how we keep him out of the game though.

Don't think Hogg will play as asking a lot for him to play 2 games on the trot after such a long time out. Meekings to centre back and Raven back in would be the only changes. We need to play as we did against Motherwell as if we can get ahead, Utd don't pose the same attacking threat as Motherwell. Need to get ahead early in this game and if we can do that, i am convinced we will win.

Nobody is mentioning OTJ! Id have him back in the team instead of Ross with Foran going back out on the wing and also Dave The Rave back to right back with Meekings going back to CB instead of Hogg

Did you actually watch the game last Saturday? Nick Ross added much needed pace to the team and we were 3-0 up in 30 mins. As much as I like OTJ he hasn't been that brilliant since the split has started. Richie played OTJ's position very well. I liked having Josh Meekings at RB because he got down the wing and provided some decent crosses into the box. I don't think Chris Hogg put a foot wrong. The penalty for Motherwell is nothing to go by as the player who got the penalty was later booked for diving then sent off.

Same team for me with a few changes like David Raven at RB and Meekings and Hogg at CB.

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

Yes Ross was good but I feel OTJ offers more to the team. 

I agree I think Meekings was exceptional but I doubt Hogg could play 2 matches in a week so Id put Raven at Right back with Meekings and Devine at centre half. 

As predicted in most posts this is / should be "a no-brainer" - hogg's inclusion was undoubtedly premature and although it appears that he performed admirably he filled in a hole last week and will fill the bench for the rest of the season. Last week would have taken a lot out of him, he will be rested and will not be chanced,unless absolutely required, on the dangerous Tinkerville surface.

Raven has been a shoe in al season and will be re-introduced with Meekings again be moved from an emergency role back into his permanent position.

The continued omission of OTJ may be due to a combination of factors - his laboured style does not fit against teams like Well or the Arabs although his height and stolidity may be required against the Tinks, especially in the absence of Foran. It may all be that he has already said that he is offski.

As predicted in most posts this is / should be "a no-brainer" - hogg's inclusion was undoubtedly premature and although it appears that he performed admirably he filled in a hole last week and will fill the bench for the rest of the season. Last week would have taken a lot out of him, he will be rested and will not be chanced,unless absolutely required, on the dangerous Tinkerville surface.

Raven has been a shoe in al season and will be re-introduced with Meekings again be moved from an emergency role back into his permanent position.

The continued omission of OTJ may be due to a combination of factors - his laboured style does not fit against teams like Well or the Arabs although his height and stolidity may be required against the Tinks, especially in the absence of Foran. It may all be that he has already said that he is offski.

Chris Hogg was playing a lot of 90 minute football at Under 20 level the last 2 month, granted that it's a lower level of football but I am very confident that Chris Hogg could play at centre half tomorrow and even last 90 minutes. Chris is an athlete, so there is no doubt in my mind he is more than capable and also the type of character he has shown over the last 17 months I am sure he will want to play tomorrow. I agree with you regards the pitch OTB, (if results go our way tomorrow) Chris shouldn't be risked on that pitch against them.