FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Half Time Draw

Eye Settee

What is wrong with the tanoy at the stadium it's impossible to hear what announcer is saying. I don't think it's him that's at fault but surely we can afford to get it seen to .....This is a general complaint not a personal one..can it maybe get checked out .We go to away games and theirs is loud and clear..

• Agree 1

Does anyone know if the winning ticket number is posted anywhere?

19350 & 18212

Was a third number for a smaller prize of £15 but don't have the winning number for that as it was relayed to me verbally in the announcers box.

What is wrong with the tanoy at the stadium it's impossible to hear what announcer is saying. I don't think it's him that's at fault but surely we can afford to get it seen to .....This is a general complaint not a personal one..can it maybe get checked out .We go to away games and theirs is loud and clear..

As the person on the mic (although I've now retired my position) I share your frustration, as do the club.  I will take a wee bit of the blame as I tend to get a bit carried away and I know the system struggles to cope with my screaming into the mic...lol.

We will be spending some time with the new stadium announcer ahead of the next home game tweaking it to better fit his voice, but in reality the whole system needs replaced and it won't be perfect...just the best we can make it.

I'm sure if anyone has a spare couple of hundred thousand then the club would be happy to relieve them of it.  The tannoy wouldn't cost that to replace, but it's not top of the list of priorities and a few other things need money spent on them first.

What would the basics be? For me the basics at a football game are somewhere to watch the match (seat or stand), a place to go to the toilet and somewhere to get a drink or food if required. Anything else is expendable and above "basic" in my mind.

To be fair, I think the PA system is actually slightly better than it used to be.  I remember times a couple of seasons back when it did sound really muffled and one game where there was lots of horrible static electric noises!  

Out of interest, how much would it cost to replace the PA?  I presume it wouldn't be cheap!

To be fair, I think the PA system is actually slightly better than it used to be.  I remember times a couple of seasons back when it did sound really muffled and one game where there was lots of horrible static electric noises!  

Out of interest, how much would it cost to replace the PA?  I presume it wouldn't be cheap!

I think a new amp might have gone in since then and a lot of time was spent repositioning speakers and the like as well.

The last prices that were got came in at around £30k...and that included "favours" in regards to installation.

You can get cheaper systems...but there's no point in replacing with same/inferior when the aim is to improve the quality.