FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Mirren use fake money to get into TCS!

Harry Chibber

DODGY SAINTS FANS RED-CARDED OVER FAKE CASH SCAM

SHIFTY St Mirren ‘supporters’ have been shown the red card for using fake bank notes to con other SPL clubs out of cash.

The crooked football fans have been handing over the dodgy money to get in to away matches and buy food and drink at catering kiosks.

Now loyal Buddies have slammed the con artists and told them they are in danger of damaging the Love Street club’s good name.

St Mirren chiefs had already warned supporters that their staff would be on the lookout for any forgeries after fake £20 notes were handed over during last month’s SPL visit to Kilmarnock.

But the Saints-turned-sinners were at it again during the Buddies’ SPL match at Inverness Caledonian Thistle on New Year’s Day.

One disgusted member of the travelling support has told how she could hardly believe her eyes as she watched a fellow fan try to con a worker at one of Caley’s food kiosks.

Carol Parker was queuing for a coffee when the young supporter in front of her accused the kiosk worker of giving him a fake £5 note in his change.

The 25-year-old, from Johnstone, said: “This young guy, who was about 18, tried to get the man at the catering stall to swap a dodgy fiver. It was printed like a £5 note on one side but was completely blank on the other.

“He claimed he had got it as change earlier in the first half but the stall worker was having none of it. In fact, the stall worker said another fan had tried the same trick earlier.

“What made it worse was that the person who had tried it earlier with a fake £10 note was standing right next to the guy who had the dodgy fiver.

“The man in the kiosk said to the two of them ‘I might have fallen for it if your pal there hadn’t tried the same thing with a fake £10 about five minutes ago.’

“I think it’s appalling that so-called St Mirren fans are trying to do another struggling SPL club out of money.”

Another Saints fan who overheard a supporter boasting about being able to pass on one of the fake notes added: “I went looking for a steward so I could point this guy out but, by the time I came back, he had moved somewhere else.

“These idiots are not true St Mirren supporters. If they were, they wouldn’t be willing to put the club’s good name at risk for the sake of a fiver.

“The vast majority of Saints fans would have nothing to do with a scam like this and I would ask anyone who knows who is responsible to contact either the club or the police.”

St Mirren have confirmed they will encourage the police to take action against anyone who is caught trying to pass on forged notes