FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

I didn't want Butcher here in the first place as I thought he wasn't up to the job , the slight blip of relegation apart I think he's done a great job and proved me wrong big time . All the best Terry if you leave .

I was also proved wrong, I thought it was a bad appointment at the time going by his previous managerial record. I am happy I have been proved wrong and I think that considering our position against budget is our most successful manager to date and if he does go I hope it is the right way and he can leave with the reputation as an ICT legend which I think he deserves.

I didn't want Butcher here in the first place as I thought he wasn't up to the job , the slight blip of relegation apart I think he's done a great job and proved me wrong big time . All the best Terry if you leave .

I was also proved wrong, I thought it was a bad appointment at the time going by his previous managerial record. I am happy I have been proved wrong and I think that considering our position against budget is our most successful manager to date and if he does go I hope it is the right way and he can leave with the reputation as an ICT legend which I think he deserves.

Largely agree. Turned out to be a much better manager than I thought he would be but, in my opinion, not quite a club legend although that would change if he stayed until the end of the season at least and landed us our first major national trophy or a place in Europe or, ideally, both.

The really important question is whether this thread is going to become longer than the 'Butcher to Barnsley' thread.

Maybe a mod could clarify something for me please, regarding the number of 'views' a thread gets? Are these unique views, or as I assume, total number of 'hits'? 

For example, I was on this thread at least 4 times yesterday - would that register as 4 views or would my IP address be recognised as having visited previously, therefore counting as just one view?

This thread will pass the significant 10,000 views before too long! But still well short of the 40,000+ of the 'Butcher to Barnsley' thread...plenty of time yet!

The threads views stat = total hits, not unique ones. The site does though record unique visitors as well. I saw something which showed traffic yesterday (both views and unique visitors) was, unsurprisingly, massively higher than usual.

pretty accurate answer. nothing scientific about the page views just a simple counter of the number of times it is loaded. 10K views may not surpass Barnsley yet, but I think it may have reached that figure a bit quicker than the Barnsley thread did.

As Yngwie noted, I also paid attention to our traffic yesterday via google analytics both the historical data which is always a few hours old and also the new "live" stats that showed me in real-time how many people were on the site and what threads were getting nailed hard. Not surprisingly the Offski thread and the New manager threads were the most viewed. They were getting loaded at a rate of 60 times per minute at one stage.

What was perhaps a little surprising to me was that nearly 40% of our unique visits were coming from either smartphones (25%) or from tablets (15%) and that Safari and Chrome were the most popular browsers alongside IE10 with about 25% each and Firefox a distant 4th on just 10%. Windows is still used on 54% of computers accessing the site but iOS is nearly 30% and Android 12%. All of this does give me food for thought when we look to roll out the new version of this forum that is slated for release soon, and which will probably take a few months for us to customise and make ready for CTO. It is clear from all the aggregated info that we will have to look at responsive design elements and be very aware of the needs of both smartphone and tablet users in our layout.

It would be interesting (to me at least) to get some feedback from users who may be accessing the site on iPad/iPhone, Android Phones/Tablets or with browsers like Safari and Chrome as our current design was definitely focused along large monitors and IE/Firefox compatibilities ..... but lets do that on another thread. I will post something in the tech support forum.

LINK TO SUPPORT TOPIC:

Edited by Scotty
added link to support topic mentioned above
  • Agree 1

Largely agree. Turned out to be a much better manager than I thought he would be but, in my opinion, not quite a club legend although that would change if he stayed until the end of the season at least and landed us our first major national trophy or a place in Europe or, ideally, both.

First manager to take us to the top six makes him a legend in my eyes particularly on a shoestring budget but agree Europe or a cup win would elevate that status 

I don't need to speak for CB but as far as I'm aware he's not an employee of the BBC. I believe he's a freelance journalist who will occasionally cover events in the North....

A football game perhaps or the Camanachd Cup final, for example. But he has no affiliation to the BBC to my knowledge.

I don't know the man, have never even met him - but please stop clutching at straws. Even if CB still worked for the BBC, would that make him culpable for a news story he didn't initiate? - albeit one that's perhaps inaccurate? What next - let's start egging the house and car of 'Heather-the-weather' 'cos she 'used to be BBC'!!

There are at least 3 BBC reporters who have 'categorically' stated that Butcher's away -  Chic Young, Richard Gordon, Heather Dewar. Not CB!!

I don't need to speak for CB but as far as I'm aware he's not an employee of the BBC. I believe he's a freelance journalist who will occasionally cover events in the North....

A football game perhaps or the Camanachd Cup final, for example. But he has no affiliation to the BBC to my knowledge.

I don't know the man, have never even met him - but please stop clutching at straws. Even if CB still worked for the BBC, would that make him culpable for a news story he didn't initiate? - albeit one that's perhaps inaccurate? What next - let's start egging the house and car of 'Heather-the-weather' 'cos she 'used to be BBC'!!

There are at least 3 BBC reporters who have 'categorically' stated that Butcher's away -  Chic Young, Richard Gordon, Heather Dewar. Not CB!!

I was in no way blaming CB for the breaking of the BBC story and apologise if that is the way it came across  

yep it is on twitter now but if we believe STV from yesterday it will turned down and then the ball is in Butcher's court 

gingerjaggy, If you're really a 'qualified journalist', please can I be your proof-reader! I see money!!

yep it is on twitter now but if we believe STV from yesterday it will turned down and then the ball is in Butcher's court 

gingerjaggy, If you're really a 'qualified journalist', please can I be your proof-reader! I see money!!

not yet i'm not need to learn shorthand 

This topic was still in the rumour mill, but since the title is a question, the question is valid and real even if the answer is not known yet, and the club have caved and given him permission to talk to Hibs we will - with great reluctance - move it to the main forum !!!