FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can we make Saturday a near sell out

12th Man

Who is up for the challenge of trying to sell out the home end.

We all know the offers given by the club, we know a lot of people gave a lot of time to get things organised for last Sunday.

Can you all do that little bit extra and egg on all that you know to attend.

Its a season ticket match,  they can all bring someone for free.

If you were at the match  its only £10  for an adult,  £5 concession, and under 12 free.

Its up to all of us to do something about this and to not only promote the sale of tickets but to see it through and from sales lead to sale.

Some people mentioned that they didnt see the flags on Sunday, weather permitting, if I can get my way then they will be passing over every section in the ground on Saturday but each section needs a good turnout for this to happen.

• Agree 3

I'm going to say no, the home end will not sell out no matter what we do, countless time being wasted on pointless threads such as this, yes it would be good to get more people through, we probably will get some extra with the discounts, but no we won't sell out the home end and we never will again (unless possibly if we get a home game in Europe)

I'm going to say no, the home end will not sell out no matter what we do, countless time being wasted on pointless threads such as this, yes it would be good to get more people through, we probably will get some extra with the discounts, but no we won't sell out the home end and we never will again (unless possibly if we get a home game in Europe)

Thanks for your post.

If we all say no then nothing happens.

If we all try a little bit then a little bit more turn up.

If we all work at this then together we achieve.

North stand fan your target is to get just an extra two in to the stadium thats all I ask of you. :smile:

This is a test of fan power and to see what we can achieve if we all pull together.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 6

Great sentiment and ideas , I've already asked 4 people at work and offered them a free ticket for the game, got one or two more to talk too but its a resounding no each time with the same replies, not going to tcs soulless etc not going to watch another crap Scottish game etc and when I say we are league cup finalists etc all I hear is you scraped through against hearts, a team that are by far the worst in the spfl even without points deduction when did you last win at home :cry: :cry:, Not holding out much hope the best bet is probably getting more youngsters through the gates and have them drag their parents with them, If I can get someone with my ST do we just turn up to ticket office and ask for a ticket before we go to the gate

Just asked another couple of guys on a job in Nairn. Free? I wouldn't go even if you paid me!! A$$holes someone mentioned earlier about not selling out. Seems pretty impossible to me tbh I have a couple of texts to send failing that certainly won't be adding any I'm afraid.

There is a LOT of resentment and negativity towards ICT in the Inverness area. I have my own theories as to why....but its old ground, but it certainly has a bearing on the p1ss poor crowds we see at ICT games to this day!

• Agree 3

Who is up for the challenge of trying to sell out the home end.

We all know the offers given by the club, we know a lot of people gave a lot of time to get things organised for last Sunday.

Can you all do that little bit extra and egg on all that you know to attend.

Its a season ticket match,  they can all bring someone for free.

If you were at the match  its only £10  for an adult,  £5 concession, and under 12 free.

Its up to all of us to do something about this and to not only promote the sale of tickets but to see it through and from sales lead to sale.

Some people mentioned that they didnt see the flags on Sunday, weather permitting, if I can get my way then they will be passing over every section in the ground on Saturday but each section needs a good turnout for this to happen.

Really admire your passion but realistically this is not going to happen. Too many "football fans"  young and old appear to be zoned into Champions League, English Premiership and see the SPFL as inferior. In the main, their viewing experience of watching games is via their tv sets. These games to them are easily accessible and glamorous. Unfortunately they don't "get it". Actually, maybe it's me who doesn't "get it" as rich man's football just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather watch something with a more local slant. Have to admit though, that one Scottish player in the League Cup Final line-up wasn't too palatable. Add a whiff of perceived glamour and the "fans" will flock to the stadium. Remember the Barry Wilson testimonial? Packed out stadium to watch Liverpools 18 and 19 year olds!

• Agree 1

Used my Season Tickets to collect 3 FREE tickets today. I've got one occasional fan coming along with two 'new' fans for the day!

Three supporters who would otherwise have stayed away - lets all give it a go!

I think this thread deserves more discussion than Should Hughes be Sacked.

Edited by dave26
  • Agree 4

I do remember the Barry Wilson testimonial, Collective Action, and it was a good night out for me too. I was there.

That was the match where the (allegedly) rueful manager of Liverpool was quoted as saying, after the match, that he was going to fine his players 100 pounds each for lack of effort. Frankly, ICT did not exactly play a blinder but the score was relatively high in our favour, 5-0 I think, and I can't help but wonder if a little jiggery pokery had been pre-arranged so that good old Barrie could have a great send off and a great set of memories to go with him.

Regardless , everyone went home with a big smile on their face. So all's well that ends well.

And as for the fine. Did it happen? Pshaw! What do you think? :wink:

3500 would be a really good attendance IMO

Hopefully the discounted tickets will entice a few more to attend but I doubt it will have much difference although I will be delighted if I'm proved wrong

I think it's a good gesture by the club though so fair play it will be very interesting to hear the attendance being announced on Saturday

Dougal

• Agree 1

3500-4000 would be a good crowd and should be viewed as a good sign. Off the pitch the club are doing as good a job as it ever has done and that has to be applauded - a lot of work and "advertising" being done by a few. Unfortunately we do have a more critical support than most - even when we are doing as well as we ever have done and possibly ever will do. The other thing - as Tinkerville is discovering - is that being in the Premier League is a novelty that does not last fer long. I am sure that some of the "undecided" will look at games against the Plastic Whistle or Stain Midden to have become run of the mill and boring.

• Agree 1

The club have made a great offer and we 'the fans' will do our bit. However is it just me who has not heard anything from the club about the offer. As a season ticket holder I would have thought a blanket email would have gone out to all ST holders encouraging them to bring a friend for free. I would like to think we have targeted those who purchased cup final tickets :blink:.

So far I've not had an email, yet I was sent an email a few weeks ago about hospitality. As a season ticket holder hospitality does not appeal, I have my seat, I love the pies :lol: but an email regarding this offer would have been welcomed.

I will be disappointed if fellow season ticket holders tell me tomorrow that they did not know that they could bring a friend for free. After all not all fans are on the forum or visit the ICT website on a regular basis.

Final comment - OK headline in the Courier, but could have been better - Bring a fan for FREE - that would get more attention!

Perhaps we should organise a door to door information group.

Feck me - there is somebody knocking at ma front door.

Very helpful!

All I am saying is the club could do a little bit of strategic marketing and use their contacts to get as much PR as possible. If they can target fans for hospitality surely they can send out an email regarding Saturday. We must have a database and a marketing strategy? We are an SPL club are we not?

Surely in the world of social media that we live in the club are being very naïve to think that an update on the ICT website is sufficient. What percentage of season ticket holders view the website or the forum each week? Most people plan their weekend so reading about it in the Courier on a Friday night or Saturday morning could be too late.

I can guarantee there will be season ticket holders who are not aware of the offer. I've come across fans who went to the final and have no idea they can get in tomorrow for £10.

Don't get me wrong the Club are trying to boost the crowd, I just don't think there is sufficient planning.

It would be interesting to know how much income we anticipated receiving tomorrow from PATG fans prior to the offer - I would imagine £10k - £15k. I would imagine most of these fans will now be getting in for free / £10 therefore the income will likely be £5k - £7k. In hindsight perhaps the club would have been better offering FREE entry to all fans who attended the final. With the money made from the cup run the loss of £5k would be incidental.

If we don't build on our success this season (cup final / top 6 'again') we will miss the opportunity.

The weather just now is AWFUL, if this keeps up - game off, if on its going to affect crowd big style i'm afraid.. :blush:

Well this part of the crowd was coming over a snowy Drumochter when you posted this, just to be part of the crowd, so let's hope.