FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can we make Saturday a near sell out

12th Man

Would be interesting to see how our gates fair if County were relegated. They are such a big club and all that. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26722861

"For me, the first thing is to help Ross County stay in the Premiership," the 22-year-old told BBC Scotland.

"This is a very big club. If I do well at Ross County, maybe I'll get the ticket to the World Cup."

"This is a very big club and I think they've been unlucky in the first half of the season," he said.

"In the last few years, Ross County have improved every year and I think they're going to be regularly in the top six of this league."

Hate to say it but C*unty are a bigger club than us .

Would be interesting to see how our gates fair if County were relegated. They are such a big club and all that. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26722861

"For me, the first thing is to help Ross County stay in the Premiership," the 22-year-old told BBC Scotland.

"This is a very big club. If I do well at Ross County, maybe I'll get the ticket to the World Cup."

"This is a very big club and I think they've been unlucky in the first half of the season," he said.

"In the last few years, Ross County have improved every year and I think they're going to be regularly in the top six of this league."

Ok explain......

• Agree 1

Ok explain......

Bigger support and better stadium to begin with .

Im no longer a season ticket holder due to not being in the area but Davie is right in the clubs strategy. I got quizzed by my best mate who is a Heart fan about the Cup final attendance. I told him that the reasons for our low base is mainly due to history as we have none really to buy into as we are so young. Because the Highlands ws left isolated for so long Highland League football was maybe entertaining but most people had a big team including the Old Firm. Most supporters of the Highland league sides have embraced the unified side and seen us climb to today where we are an established Premiership team ahead of teams that have been in existence far longer. But because of that isolation lots of people didnt go and see Highland league football and wanted to support a bigger side. That is now what the club is competing with and it is very hard to change peoples allegiances but in working hard in the community to engage younger people then the club have a better chance to increase the fan base that way. In the short term however well we are doing at the moment is unlikely to see any mass rises in attendances but if the club can engage younger people then we have a chance to develop over a longer term. There are teams in worse positions than us like Kilmarnock and even St Johnstone. These clubs have been around for years but have very small crowds in large stadiums which they have to close part of just so they dont lose money.        

• Agree 1

Hate to say it but C*unty are a bigger club than us .  Ok explain......

Bigger support and better stadium to begin with .

post-6530-0-77832800-1395761210.gif

• Agree 4

The allegiances of football fans in our city are such that a club from a city 150 miles away finds it economically viable to have a shop in our main retail outlet but our own home city team does not.  Until that changes the only way we will fill our little ground is to have the home fans restricted to the main stand whilst Celtic have the North and South stands

Ok explain...... Bigger support and better stadium to begin with .

On that criteria Killie are a bigger team than us?