FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Ryan Baptie (RyanBaptie) on Twitter

The latest from Ryan Baptie (@RyanBaptie). Professional footballer for Hibernian FC. Edinburgh.

Thats what I get when I search but one of the posts mentions living in inverness so it's more than likley!

Edited by Ayeseetee
  • Agree 1

He was released from Hibs after they were relegated.

_74766342_butcher2.jpg

:laugh:

Do we really need another defender ?

A left back by all accounts, which would be good for the U20 games and give us a potential exciting replacement if Shinnie leaves in 12-24 months

As mentioned on the Clach thread, we have Jean-Christophe Ayina on trial.  Age 23, French, but also eligible for either Benin or Congo depending on which source you look at. He has a year left to run on his contract with Racing Santander (Spanish 3rd division) but they may well have released him.  They have evidently had severe financial difficulties recently and didn't pay their players for months. Famously, in their Copa del Rey quarter final v Sociedad a few months ago, when the game kicked off the unpaid players protested, just standing with arms linked, until the ref abandoned the match.

Best stats on him I found were here:

http://www.footmercato.net/joueur/j157950_john-christophe-ayina

Vast majority of his career appearances have been off the bench, and when he starts he's usually been subbed off. 

If you look at game time, though, at Santander he wasn't far away from a goal every 90 minutes, which sounds good to me.

So if we sign Ayina, we'll be laughing.  :getmecoat:

Ryan Baptie has been released by Hibs. 18 year old left back. Could be worth signing him and trying to blood him when Shinnie leaves next season.

Apparently we've snapped up Ryan Baptie after his release from Hibs.

#ITK

Aye that last paragraph has been typed up by his agent

Aye I agree. Up until last night nobody over here had heard of the guy. Now he's more wanted than Bin Ladin was.

possibly could be us that are his number 1 choice because he had a trial with us?

The fact that he's gone home so early without agreeing to sign, and Hughes implying our financial offer didn't meet the player's expectations, means that we are probably the last club he'll be signing for. Forget him.

Since when have ICT being using Ryan Baptie's Twitter account to make things 'official' ?

Well I doubt he's making it up...

Kingsmills makes a fair point.  It may or may not be true but it's not "official" till the club confirm it.  If it is true I would rather players wait for a formal announcement before tweeting about it.  Having said that I would like to see the club announce these things promptly.  There should be no reason why a brief press release can't be fired off as soon as the agreement is made.

• Agree 2

Since when have ICT being using Ryan Baptie's Twitter account to make things 'official' ?

Well I doubt he's making it up...

Maybe he did cause he wants to join our team cause hibs are sh*t 

I agree that Hibs are crap and the relegated team are one of the worst Hibernian teams in recent memory.

Having read through two Hibs forums, it seems he's a prospect but was still, at best, 3rd choice left-back in that awful Hibs team for which he failed to make an appearance. His wages, as a non-first team player, at 18/19 years old wouldn't be the reason Hibs haven't kept him on.

Why we've signed him is anyone's guess. And on a 2 year contract?

Like Yogi, the boy's Hibs daft. Perhaps John Hughes knows his dad? (But that's not Crawford Baptie!)....

But in all seriousness, we're well covered in left-back. Graeme Shinnie or Carl Tremarco are our obvious choices with other guys able to play there at a push, like Danny Williams, for example.

It seems odd to be signing a player specifically for the U20s. Good luck to Ryan Baptie, however, I look forward to hearing John Hughes' justification for bringing him to the club.

Remember, we've got our own youth players in Calum Howarth and our new addition, Kane Hull who tend to favour left-back.

But welcome to the club Ryan. Don't be fooled by the first day jape of locating the Subway in Harbour Road - go for the tartan paint instead - it's easier to find! :smile: