FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is this the only answer

Naelifts

So here we are again. Coming off the back of a ground-breaking season(which included the most exciting match of all time, at Easter Road), we once again find ourselves facing the challenges of a new season. What are our expectations? Well.....unrealistic if you ask me. We KNOW how far this club can go given the circumstances. The list of opponents makes for wearisome reading. The doom mongers are peddling their wares already. All I ever want is to be entertained ( win, lose or draw). Lets give Yogi and the boys a chance for God's sake.

It strikes me there IS only one answer to our perennial pre season gloom.............relegation................and another glorious season in the best division in Scottish football. Is that what you all want?

• Agree 4

Depends what you mean by "entertaining".  I don't particularly find endless passing between defence and midfield with no end product and usually given away entertaining and I don't think I would find being relegated again entertaining either.  No, not at all.

Edited by Renegade

Real played a similar type of passing game against the Dons and absolutely tore them apart. Again, similarly to us , shots were blasted high and wide until such time as  they settled and took their chances to polish the Dons off.

Admittedly Real's defence stood mostly firm but there was the odd slip up. It is nearly impossible not to have the odd slip up

We are still learning this passing game, where we lack the skill is drawing the defence and making the gaps  for the players to run into to score. Our finishing does improve as the game goes on but still has to be improved on. When the lads gain the confidence to run and pass instead of the standing passes we will create more opportunities to score. We will also have a team that will be the envy of all the other teams' supporters, a winning team at that.

Patience is a virtue.......................but it can be learned......just like the passing game.

Come on ICT.............. :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Goals (for your team!) provide top entertainment in football - full stop. I bet nobody can remember the build up to Nick Ross's equaliser against Hearts at ER...it was pretty scrappy! Were you entertained? My problem is that I subscribe to the Barca style of football, but then Barca usually score at the end of a beautiful move. I reckon we will score some beautifully crafted goals this season, but not many. Now, will the beautiful passing outweigh the disappointment of few goals and dropped points. We'll see. Hamilton away is an almighty banana skin - here's hoping the boys turn it on and grab a couple!

JH needs to get the message that the average fan shows up for entertainment and excitement. Some also show up to watch very pleasing, fast, skilled moves. 

That means attacking footbal  no matter which way you slice it .

And playing tippy tappy football in our own box, as some fans say is happening more and more, would not appear to me to be exciting unless you are willing to risk a heart attack to get your jollies!.

Let's say both teams come out of the tunnel dead set on attacking  then thrills and spills will almost certainly result, regardless of the outcome, and the average fan will leave the stadium going.."phew that was some game, man, I am sure glad I came today.

Show business is entertainment ! That means variety and energy. :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Real played a similar type of passing game against the Dons and absolutely tore them apart. Again, similarly to us , shots were blasted high and wide until such time as  they settled and took their chances to polish the Dons off.

Admittedly Real's defence stood mostly firm but there was the odd slip up. It is nearly impossible not to have the odd slip up

We are still learning this passing game, where we lack the skill is drawing the defence and making the gaps  for the players to run into to score. Our finishing does improve as the game goes on but still has to be improved on. When the lads gain the confidence to run and pass instead of the standing passes we will create more opportunities to score. We will also have a team that will be the envy of all the other teams' supporters, a winning team at that.

Patience is a virtue.......................but it can be learned......just like the passing game.

Come on ICT.............. :ictscarf:

And how long do you think we should give it if the passing game is not working?

Edited by gordieict

I truly yearn for the lower league days. Plus Naelifts there are many on here, including my good self, who were only too prepared to support Yogi and still are. Personally I get worried by his rhetoric and the samples of the system that I have witnessed. I worry that we may become hard to beat but lose the entertainment value. We are soon going to be enlightened.