FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Last day of the transfer window...

Harry Chibber

Bayne does actually score a few goals! And i think given a run so will Rory. In fact has Bayne not scored more than Wyness this season.

And Wilson is always weighing in.

Wyness has barely featured this season at all - where as Bayne as featured in the majority - an unfair comparison i think.

Guest PaulieBee

Interesting...Radio Scotland have said we tried 3 times tonight to sign Cowie immediately, but Grassa and George Adams cannot agree a fee.

Bit harsh on CC here. A few folk were saying that McSwegan will be a valuable signing for us - now would be a good time to prove the doubters (like me) wrong.

Just like new players signing for the club... gives a bit of excitment going into the second half of the season.  I'm sure McSwegan and MacAllister will do a fine job for us but would have been nice to have another option just incase one of the got injured (touch wood) 

Yes it's exciting but there is no point in the club bringing in folk just to keep the fans happy. I think the squad we have will be fine. Yes we need cover up front but we do have midfielders who can play further up who can tide us over until Dargo and Wyness return.

Yes it's exciting but there is no point in the club bringing in folk just to keep the fans happy. I think the squad we have will be fine. Yes we need cover up front but we do have midfielders who can play further up who can tide us over until Dargo and Wyness return.

Agree but if we look at the transfer fees the club has accumulated from the sale of Brewster, Proctor and Mark Brown... compared to the ins of Rankin and Paatalinen (we had to pay money for), there should be some left in the pot.  I thought we might have looked to get some cover in, or would at least like to see this put into developments off the pitch... might be saving up for our 4th stand  :024:

Did Charlie not say that he was wanting to get a striker in as cover by the end of the window?

Plus, with Jono Smith gone to Clach, does that mean that Ridgers is staying?  There was nothing about a loan deal.

Agree but if we look at the transfer fees the club has accumulated from the sale of Brewster, Proctor and Mark Brown... compared to the ins of Rankin and Paatalinen (we had to pay money for), there should be some left in the pot.  I thought we might have looked to get some cover in, or would at least like to see this put into developments off the pitch... might be saving up for our 4th stand  :024:

The only reason we have turned in profits in the last couple of years has been due to compensation received from our managers leaving to go elsewhere e.g. Brewster. It's not a case of if we get some cash from a transfer then we should look to spend it. The club will need that revenue to cover any operating losses incurred throughout the season.

If anything, instead of paying transfer fees for players I'd like to see any spare cash (if there is some) used to increase our wage budget. In the days of Bosman transfers the fee is often not so much of a stumbling block it's more the agreement of a wage between player and club.

As for off field developments I can't see a 4th stand being on the agenda until we can fill our current ones for Non OF and Aberdeen games.

However, perhaps they could use any additional revenue to boost advertising of all things ICT in the town?

Did Charlie not say that he was wanting to get a striker in as cover by the end of the window?

Plus, with Jono Smith gone to Clach, does that mean that Ridgers is staying?  There was nothing about a loan deal.

I think Ridgers has signed on loan with a permanent deal kicking in at the end of the season. By all accounts Smith has been freed to go to Clach.

I'm sure would have loved to get a striker in. I am also sure he would have loved to have sneaked in ahead of Milan to sign a "podgy" Brazilian but just because he wants to doesn't mean anything will happen. He might have had some ideas but sadly they never came off. I bet he tried though.

The only reason we have turned in profits in the last couple of years has been due to compensation received from our managers leaving to go elsewhere e.g. Brewster. It's not a case of if we get some cash from a transfer then we should look to spend it. The club will need that revenue to cover any operating losses incurred throughout the season.

If anything, instead of paying transfer fees for players I'd like to see any spare cash (if there is some) used to increase our wage budget. In the days of Bosman transfers the fee is often not so much of a stumbling block it's more the agreement of a wage between player and club.

As for off field developments I can't see a 4th stand being on the agenda until we can fill our current ones for Non OF and Aberdeen games.

However, perhaps they could use any additional revenue to boost advertising of all things ICT in the town?

Think over reacting slightly RIG... no one is having a pop at CC or the board, we would just have liked to see a new player come in to the club.  I wasn't suggesting we spent the full transfer fees received but there has certainly been a lot more money coming from transfers than there has going out...

Last season the board said if our average attendance continued to be over 4000 for the season then they would look into building a 4th stand.  I don't believe for a second that the money the club has taken in over the last few years has all gone on operating costs.. I'm sure we have taken a heavty profit since joining the SPL (bar hiring Pittodrie) with shirt sales and the ticket prices you love so much. 

Think over reacting slightly RIG... no one is having a pop at CC or the board, we would just have liked to see a new player come in to the club.  I wasn't suggesting we spent the full transfer fees received but there has certainly been a lot more money coming from transfers than there has going out...

I would love to have seen a couple of new faces in as well Gary but as I have mentioned, and I'm pretty sure CC operates under the same principle, if the players available aren't as good or better than what we currently have then there is no point signing them.

No one actually knows how much we got for Brown. The figures reported vary between 90k - 150k. That's a big difference. Factor in Rankin and Marcus (can't spell the 2nd name yet!) and that is ~ 75k going out so we could have 75k to play with in terms of transfer money or we could only have 15k. Would that money not be better being invested in trying to secure players who have done so well for us this season at the club for longer? Tie up Dargo on a longer deal perhaps?

Last season the board said if our average attendance continued to be over 4000 for the season then they would look into building a 4th stand.

I'm pretty sure they dismissed the notion of a 4th stand didn't they?

I don't believe for a second that the money the club has taken in over the last few years has all gone on operating costs.. I'm sure we have taken a heavty profit since joining the SPL (bar hiring Pittodrie) with shirt sales and the ticket prices you love so much. 

If we have it has been minimal. Most times we have turned in a profit it has been down to the compensation received from Hearts and Dundee United but I could be mistaken. Certainly we've been operating in the black in the last couple of years but that's because of the generosity of Thomson and Robinson(?). Remember we were looking at a potential return to part time football had it not been for investment from Tulloch and also winning a place in the SPL not so long ago*.

*Someone might need to clarify this as again I could be mistaken but I am sure I read that somewhere.