FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Communication by the club

ammac

This subject has been mention in a number post on different threads therefore I thought it possible needs its own thread. Personally I think the club is trying to improve its image but it is nowhere near the level it needs or should be. 

The Facebook pages, twitter feed etc go days without any updates. We live in 24/7 society that demands interaction and stories with a “personal touch” numerous times a day, every day. Simple stuff like, what do the players think of beards in the dressing room? Any Fun stuff, pictures of training, Yogi cycling to work in the snow. The only reason I know he has a bike, is a friend on Facebook put up a photo of her kids at the stadium with Yogi and his matching helmet. What’s the Inverness Caledonian Thistle Community Development’s boys up to today? Even who’s turn is it to make the tea. Any rubbish is better than no post. 

The club needs to reach out with positive comments and actions to non-football supporters and Facebook etc can do that. I am not saying for a moment that Yogi and the boys need to stop training and start tweeting. However the club needs to allocate a lot more resources to this.

Forget all this highland rubbish about “staying under the radar” and complaining about the poor levels of the crowd. These are negative and boring.

Let’s puff out our chests and scream on every media simple "We are ICT and we are coming".

I'm actually surprised at this topic tbh. Considering all media that is aimed at fans is done on a voluntary basis I think we are well served?

The youth and community dept have their own FB page btw so if you follow this I think you'll find some of what you're looking for?

I'm sure someone from the media team will post in reply in due course but given the small numbers and time constraints I think we are on a par with or better than the rest of the premiership?

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 3

I'm actually surprised at this topic tbh. Considering all media that is aimed at fans is done on a voluntary basis I think we are well served?

The youth and community dept have their own FB page btw so if you follow this I think you'll find some of what you're looking for?

I'm sure someone from the media team will post in reply in due course but given the small numbers and time constraints I think we are on a par with or better than the rest of the premiership?

Expecting caley d next to continue with this staunch defence

Do you really want to know who makes the tea???

79481_cc62913dc992816c738a9861c58c1d6a.j

forget CaleyD and his staunch defence .... is this a windup or a serious question? You want the club to divert what scant resources they have so someone can update you on facebook 24/7 just so you can catch a glimpse of Yogi's helmet ? get a feckin grip !  

• Agree 1

I do think this is a wind up! I don't care about the trivia that is talked about but I would like to know about Brill & Forans injuries. I would like the club to tell me our game against Celtic has a new kick off time. I don't think that is too much to ask?

This subject has been mention in a number post on different threads therefore I thought it possible needs its own thread. Personally I think the club is trying to improve its image but it is nowhere near the level it needs or should be. 

The Facebook pages, twitter feed etc go days without any updates. We live in 24/7 society that demands interaction and stories with a “personal touch” numerous times a day, every day. Simple stuff like, what do the players think of beards in the dressing room? Any Fun stuff, pictures of training, Yogi cycling to work in the snow. The only reason I know he has a bike, is a friend on Facebook put up a photo of her kids at the stadium with Yogi and his matching helmet. What’s the Inverness Caledonian Thistle Community Development’s boys up to today? Even who’s turn is it to make the tea. Any rubbish is better than no post. 

The club needs to reach out with positive comments and actions to non-football supporters and Facebook etc can do that. I am not saying for a moment that Yogi and the boys need to stop training and start tweeting. However the club needs to allocate a lot more resources to this.

Forget all this highland rubbish about “staying under the radar” and complaining about the poor levels of the crowd. These are negative and boring.

Let’s puff out our chests and scream on every media simple "We are ICT and we are coming".

Would be happy to meet you, take you through what's done at the club and discuss your ideas.

• Agree 1

79481_cc62913dc992816c738a9861c58c1d6a.j

forget CaleyD and his staunch defence .... is this a windup or a serious question? You want the club to divert what scant resources they have so someone can update you on facebook 24/7 just so you can catch a glimpse of Yogi's helmet ? get a feckin grip !

WTF you on about catch a glimpse of yogis helmet, facepalm yersel

Unlike Mckay, that's Caley D with a capital letter !

Edited by Kingsmills

Just to add another opinion to this probably soon-to-be-deleted thread, I think we should get some goal music which isn't pish.

I concur...was thinking Magic Roundabout might be a fun one to use.

Would be better than Avicii tbf  :wink: I nominate the France 98 song.

This subject has been mention in a number post on different threads therefore I thought it possible needs its own thread. Personally I think the club is trying to improve its image but it is nowhere near the level it needs or should be.

Let’s puff out our chests and scream on every media simple "We are ICT and we are coming".

post-4861-0-37493500-1423240575_thumb.pn

If you think our communication isn't great, you should have a look OTB. They only recently entered the modern time period and got an official Twitter and Facebook.

I also find our Twitter page to be more interactive than the other SPFL teams. I remember tweeting Dundee or St Johnstone about ticket prices and not one reply but if it was the ICT social media pages you'd expect a reply promptly.

The only thing I want to see is the re-introduction of the Fans podcast with Auldy, Davie and Don which has been said to be returning.

I know what the OP is talking about....it's the additional "behind the scenes" stuff.

Whilst we do want to do more on that front, it's time consuming and outwith available resources at the moment....and every time I free up a bit of time or resource, something more important has a habit of filling the void....but we'll get there. (keep an ear out for the relaunch of the podcast...soon).  With that being the situation, then whatever we do has to tick 2 out of 3 boxes.  Those boxes being "Fun", "Useful" & "Informative".

People also have to keep in mind (and in fairness most people do get it) that whilst players/manager could be considered "public figures", they are entitled to their own space and privacy....even when in/around the stadium.  In my experience, when you demonstrate that you respect that fact, then people are more willing to work with you on the stuff of real value or let you "intrude" a bit behind the scenes and capture some of those extras and bend the 2 out of 3 rule by doing something purely for chits & giggles.

• Agree 1

They must be doing something right as it looks like they will have 10,000 twitter followers by the summer

Some of the Social Media stats would blow your mind...as they still do mine.

e.g.  The clubs official twitter averages just over 1 Million impressions a month.  Impressions being the number of times another twitter user views one of our tweets.

Well I would really like to hear how our captain is getting on with his injury, or rehab, other than, the most revealing "unavailable through injury"  

I assume Ritchie is still lost in space, or has anyone seen a message in a bottle?