FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The 2015 William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Kingsmills

Ryan Christie taking the Scottish Cup round some Inverness schools today. Don't touch it, Ryan....leave that until after 30th! :ohmy:

Eddie got there last month - didn't do him any harm!

0v6z3do2m9xaviexg8n7t7wzaqodxn.jpeg

Accidents happen, but the most disappointing thing is that the cup has had to go back south for immediate repairs. That means the club don't have it to display tomorrow at Falcon Square as planned...so a lot of disappointed kids.

Accidents happen, but the most disappointing thing is that the cup has had to go back south for immediate repairs. That means the club don't have it to display tomorrow at Falcon Square as planned...so a lot of disappointed kids.

Do you know if or when it's coming back??

They were supposed to be coming to my school with it on Monday. We made a banner for them today and have the kids wearing colours on Monday.

I've no idea what the situation is with that at the moment, Joe. Sorry

I'm sure the club will be in touch about it....if they've not been already.

Possibly but I leave early on a Friday to play football and can't access school emails from home. So won't know till Monday morning.

Can't believe the SFA actually sent the actual trophy up here and not a replica! But it's ridiculous that it should be damaged.

I've now had to phone my sister to say that I will no longer will be taking her kids (my niece and nephew) to see the cup tomorrow. Gutted. 

What a ******* embarrassment.

The oldest trophy in world football gets a tour of Inverness - but needs to be sent back to Glasgow for repairs.

Pathetic.

I was just wondering, in a presumptuous kind of way, if there is actually enough space on the trophy for our rather lengthy club name to be engraved. 

If not what do the SFA do - to avoid any such embarrassment, make sure Falkirk win it?

Or use a smaller typeface than usual?

Or drop one of the words from our name? :whistle:

Can't believe the SFA actually sent the actual trophy up here and not a replica! But it's ridiculous that it should be damaged.

I've now had to phone my sister to say that I will no longer will be taking her kids (my niece and nephew) to see the cup tomorrow. Gutted. 

What a fucking embarrassment.

The oldest trophy in world football gets a tour of Inverness - but needs to be sent back to Glasgow for repairs.

Pathetic.

it was a replica. likely the replica that will be presented to the winners later .... the real one never leaves Hampden

• Agree 1

What a fucking embarrassment.

Pathetic.

It was a replica. My understanding is that the actual trophy never ever leaves Hampden. So the only way to see it is to go to the final!

The original trophy is insured for £2m, and does actually get presented to the winning team but quickly gets switched for a copy after the lap of honour. Any open-top bus parade uses a replica, which is wise after a Spanish club dropped their cup under the bus wheels a few years ago.

Its a replica, besides it won't get fixed on a Saturday anyway.

Would the trophy centre have a similar one to borrow. To the kids its a cup and what it represents and not the detail.

If ICT win it just promise to return with the real, ERM replica.

Edited by 12th Man