FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The 2015 William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Kingsmills

Heard a really interesting comment today from a reliable source that in comparison to us - Falkirk haven't even started to promote the final - our scarves, buses, flags in the high street and general buzz was really positiv.....

your 'reliable source' ain't very reliable, Falkirk have been promoting the final all day everyday on social media for the last few weeks. we have flags up in the high street, billboards all over Falkirk district, scarf round the steeple, all the buses sporting messages, grass outside the stadium with 'COYB' cut into it, much bigger buzz  round town for this final than the 2009 one. There is also 100+ buses going from Falkirk, 18000 tickets sold and counting. Anyway, good luck and may the best team win, #COYB

And, in contrast to us, Falkirk are generating extra interest and excitement by releasing details of tickets sold on a regular basis which, without doubt, will have added to their total.

Falkirk releasing details of tickets sold has been a real positive, its got everyone commenting on it

That's good and I suspect we will have learned the lesson and do the same for both our finals next season :smile:

Heard a really interesting comment today from a reliable source that in comparison to us - Falkirk haven't even started to promote the final - our scarves, buses, flags in the high street and general buzz was really positiv.....

your 'reliable source' ain't very reliable, Falkirk have been promoting the final all day everyday on social media for the last few weeks. we have flags up in the high street, billboards all over Falkirk district, scarf round the steeple, all the buses sporting messages, grass outside the stadium with 'COYB' cut into it, much bigger buzz  round town for this final than the 2009 one. There is also 100+ buses going from Falkirk, 18000 tickets sold and counting. Anyway, good luck and may the best team win, #COYB

And, in contrast to us, Falkirk are generating extra interest and excitement by releasing details of tickets sold on a regular basis which, without doubt, will have added to their total.

Falkirk releasing details of tickets sold has been a real positive, its got everyone commenting on it

That's good and I suspect we will have learned the lesson and do the same for both our finals next season :smile:

UEFA CL and...?

• Agree 1

UEFA CL and...?

Steady on.We are in the UEFA EL The CL will have to wait for the season after.

UEFA CL and...?

Steady on.We are in the UEFA EL The CL will have to wait for the season after.

Yes, sorry, I'm a season ahead.

I see Falkirk have something up about sending the team off to Glasgow on Friday. Rememeber County did something similar with a big send off in Dingwall.

Are we doing anything?

too late, the team left Inverness this afternoon!!!!

• Agree 2

Will the 'Justice for the 96' banner from the League Cup Final be making a reappearance?

What it had to do with ICT, Aberdeen or the Scottish League Cup, I don't know!

It has to do with the one of the most disgraceful acts and most scandalous and sustained attempts at a cover up and scapegoating of the victims by agents of the state since the war and, I don't know about you but as a football fan and citizen of that state, it has to do with me.

I think it was just a football thing, and no club would like to be victims of the government/police cover up

• Agree 1

I see Falkirk have something up about sending the team off to Glasgow on Friday. Rememeber County did something similar with a big send off in Dingwall.

Are we doing anything?

I think you will find that, even at the time of writing, they were already gone.

Yes, as someone else has already pointed out.

Just about to set off for Glasgow...

Ticket. Check

Top. Check

Money. Check

Car fuelled Check

Camera. Check

Hotel address Check.

Right that's me, sure I've got everything.............

Oh s**t the wife.......... Susan, Susan we're going.

• Agree 2

On a slightly negative note, has anybody told BBC Scotland that the Scottish FA Cup final is tomorrow as their website doesn't appear to have realised this.

Have you not heard about the huge play off game on Sunday. Where on earth are they going to find the resources to cover our wee match as well ?

On a slightly negative note, has anybody told BBC Scotland that the Scottish FA Cup final is tomorrow as their website doesn't appear to have realised this.

Try this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle

As of time of writing, on this page alone you should find

* The Ofere story.

* Eight other "ICT - Scottish Cup" items down the "Headlines" column.

* A very lengthy Graeme Shinnie interview with Tom English.

* Three "ICT - Scottish Cup" videos.

That is 13 BBC Scotland online items on Caley Thistle in the Scottish Cup Final. As I write there are reporters combing the city for further material to fill the time between now and kick off.

So maybe a modest suggestion there that BBC online may have realised that this fixture is taking place!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Try this and, at the time of writing this, the other eight "ICT - Scottish Cup" stories down the "Headlines" column".

There does, however, seem to be a disproportionate intetest in the latest performance by the Govan Travelling Circus.

• Agree 2

Try this and, at the time of writing this, the other eight "ICT - Scottish Cup" stories down the "Headlines" column".

There does, however, seem to be a disproportionate intetest in the latest performance by the Govan Travelling Circus.

I have now edited my post #167 to give a more complete audit of what is there.

Okay as of 11:43 the 5 main stories are:

FIFA

Hearts player signs contract

Scotland Cricket

Patrick Thistle Player

Secco v Motherwell.

Over to you Mr BBC Apologist

The page you refer to carries news as it breaks and has a fairly fast turnover. Earlier in the week it carried a number of ICT items and can be expected to carry increasingly more as kick off approaches and also in the aftermath of the game.

It would be nice if there was a bit more media focus.  Footballing headlines at the moment are very much focused on the FIFA situation and it strikes me that there is a real story here in the contrast between the money grubbing corruption at the top of the game and the honest endeavors of players, officials and volunteers associated with small clubs like ICT and Falkirk.  Here's two clubs who don't have much cash but who have shown great commitment in winning through to the final.  Maybe Hampden won't be full but there will probably be more people there who have never been to a final before and win or lose it will be a day they will remember for the rest of their lives.

It is a day for the small clubs: it's a day when hard work and commitment triumph over buying success: it is a day for fans who dream rather than fans who expect.  Whilst the international body tasked with leading the game shames the world of football with its greed and corruption, two small teams with small supports will tomorrow show the world that football is still the beautiful game and still the people's game.  Win or lose it will be a great day out, and I for one feel privileged that I will be a small part of it.

• Agree 4

I was working in Falkirk last Saturday and the focus on the final was impressive - a shop unit in the main Shopping Mall dedicated to it, shops dressed up in team colours and a wee man selling cup final scarves in the street. Hope Sneck is at least as engaged and that anyone found in Tesco between 3 and 5 on Saturday is sent to the jyle to ponder their souls.

I think BBC Scotland are doing their best, though some of them (Chic Young and Co) are understandably preoccupied with the precarious SPFL1 hopes of their beloved and the likely collapse of Scottish Football if they don't get there.

Of course, the BBC are spending less on the Scottish Cup Final than they are on Gary Lineker's make-up.