FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

To be fair he's a fan of Aberdeen and makes no secret of it. I much prefer that to pundits and journalists who support one or other of the Old Firm but pretend to follow St Mirren or the like.....and, in further fairness to Richard Gordon, he hasin the past made similar comments about Peter Pawlet.

Yes bur Pawlet's diving reputation is deserved.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Diddy said:

We don't have the size of squad to cope over a season. We don't have actually have a substitute at the moment for the correct position bar the centre midfielder of a 4-2-3-1. Yet we are better than them with our fully fit first 11.

Who were you supporting in the 80s anyway? 

Human league.

Don't you want me baby.

4 hours ago, Diddy said:

Yeah, that's around about the 4th time Celtic have won the league this season, and the 8th in the last 2 seasons.

If you play the same way at Parkhead you will at least get a draw. They are truly gash. Won't hold my breath.

Which is more than you could do,

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, HighlandsNumberOne said:

I was leaving the main stand exit closest to north stand and the young group of fans were singing and drumming as they do. They were winding up some Aberdeen fans but nothing violent and aggressive just banter. From what I seen around the area of the stadium nothing involving them happened. There was a slight argument with a few older boys with some Aberdeen fans and that could be what Neksor was talking about but that was nothing.  Certainly no punches being thrown or anything like that. 

Just some middle aged supporter making a big deal about nothing therefore starting a pointless argument...enough said

I saw it the same way... only bit of violence was a Dons fan pushing the face of one of the ICT loons...

What would have been interesting is if some of the Aberdeen Casuals had been in the area... I get the feeling our youngsters might have had a good doing over... most of them looked like they were just out of nappies!!  Hopefully they don't try the same against the Hibees in the quarterfinal... carnage lol!!

Edited by Ivy League
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Just spent a happy hour or so watching much of the game again.  Obviously it was great watching it live on TV last night, but seeing it again now it comes over much more clearly what a good, solid performance this was.  Everyone played their part.  I was initially disappointed that Raven wasn't playing, but couldn't fault Horner.  There was some pre match talk about the Aberdeen wingers giving our full backs the runaround.  But this didn't happen with Tremarco too having a good game, and a great goal too. (Credit to Collum for overruling the linesman's shocking decision).

We absolutely bossed the midfield, and the running of Storey and Roberts up front gave Aberdeen all sorts of problems.  We were solid at the back too, although the I had my heart in my mouth a couple of times with the short passing between defenders.  But this seems to be our trademark style of play now, and who am I to argue with Hughes's tactics?  He certainly got them right last night.  Good substitution of Roberts with Mutumbo, who looked good in his 10 minutes.  The other two subs were possibly a bit late, but overall a really first class team performance.  Best I've seen in the few games I have managed to see this season.

So we can go into the Celtic game with absolutely no fear, and with every expectation of a positive result.

Onwards and upwards.

Pretty much what I would have said CMIB! Definitely worth the £18 I shelled out to BT for the month! Having not had a chance to see Caley live this before now this season due to ill luck (matches being called off) I thought we were pretty impressive, strong, aggressive (almost too much) good movement and mostly slick passing (almost shades of Arsenal) ...maybe one of Caley's best performances this season I would think, not least because we kept it going for most of the 90+ minutes. Tremarco and Horner impressed (was this surprising for the latter?), Storey very effective down the left, except perhaps for the final ball, and now we can see what Roberts is about. As for the penalties, well Shinnie had pretty much lost the ball anyway before he got clipped, Draper was certainly facing a high boot and a block for his successful award...as for Draper on Ash Taylor...that 'collision' was pretty much identical to Mile Jedinak's on a Watford player last weekend which resulted in a penalty against Palace (bollox!), fortunately for Caley, Collum not enforcing the law in that instance. A great game to watch on TV with the wife, who by now must be getting a tiny bit as excited as I am over our impending trip up for the Hamilton match!

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Diddy said:

Can't remember ever reading a more clueless forum of fans.

We're miles up the table because Hayes and McGinn 80% of the time tear teams apart. Hayes went off early and McGinn is having his usual 3 game lull.

Draper should have been off the pitch by the time he rugby tackled Taylor in the box, which I can't fathom some people here think 'happens all the time'. :lol:

And the big streak of pish's dive (again) killed the game and any half time talk and tactics. 

Someone has said the difference was you were going to do something from the incident :laugh::laugh::laugh: quite possibly but it wasn't a foul in the first place ya halfwit. :lol:

And that Shinnie's wasn't a penalty too. :lol:

Draper 'bossed' the game because he got away with it from an incompetent referee.

3 goals and a man sent off worth of wrong decisions is going to kill any team's motivation and prevent them getting into the game.

Awaiting your big timmy manager rolling over to his beloved side on Saturday.

Your post just emphasises why us Highlanders are happy!

You were outclassed. Get over it!

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Personally, I was supporting Inverness Thistle. A number of us more mature posters supported either Thistle or Caley but who we supported in the eighties is not important what is important is that now we all support the current Scottish Cup holders. Remind us, when did the 'Famous Aberdeen' last win the most important domestic cup competition ?

1990. Lost the league on the last day in 91. Rangers began spending themselves to death and collecting trophies and CL fortune whilst other clubs rebuilt their stadiums. We went into debt by building a monstrosity of a stand, pissing away some more cash meanwhile to vaguely keep up. Had a millstone around our neck for nearly 20 years as a result, whilst making cheap ***** managerial appointments and having to sell all talent coming through at the first opportunity to service the debt. An awful lot of years written off just like that. By the stars aligning - the playing field has almost leveled, we've cleared our debt, have a young competent manager, have a vast crop of youngsters coming through (like the one who waltzed up the pitch for our goal yesterday and flattened Scott Brown on his 3rd appearance), have a signing's worth of profit every season. The coming years are where it's happening. "Good luck to Aberdeen in Scotland - we know them because we played them in Europe a few years ago" - Atletico Madrid. :wink:

Diddy

"Diddums."  Poor lad, come here to old Scarlet and get a wee hug. You seem to have a bad case of the dementia tremens -that will hurt when you wake up from the torpor and pain. There you go, feeling a wee bittie better already I can see.

But you do appear to have some staying power and we might be able to make a good ICT fan of you yet if you just stiffen your resolve and come back again before we win the Scottish cup this year. The way things are going after a very hairy start to the season augurs well for the grand finale. Wanna come along to Hampden for a classy day out?

Anyway, hasten back , But now it's time for the sack and a wee restful night.

And tomorrow you can wake up refreshed and over yer terrible fright.

Cheers the noo to you and say no to more "boo-hoo.":ictscarf:

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I have to say that last night - as always - Richard Gordon and match commentator Liam MacLeod, who are both openly Aberdeen fans, were scrupulously "down the middle" in everything they said... as was ICT legend Barry Wilson who was summarising.

What get up my nose - and every club has them to a greater or lesser extent - are individuals like the impeccably named "Diddy" who, in the case of Aberdeen, positively ooze with Gothenburg Syndrome and tend to give that club a bad name for that reason. I actually quite like Aberdeen in that they represent another chance to take honours out of the central belt and in particular away from the Old Firm. However the likes of Diddy give their commendably enthusiastic and loyal support a certain reputation.

Absolutely do not agree  Richard Gordon called into question Ross Drapers integrity on national radio. Total abuse of his position in my book.

Absolutely awful coverage before and after the game listening to old man man Miller droning on about how superior 'The Dons' are in their title challenge.

• Agree 2

A wee stat:
Iain Vigurs equalising goal was the 100th goal between the clubs, all-time. (now 102 goals)
Leading scorer is wee Billy with 6.  Adam Rooney 'closing-in' with 5. (2 for Inverness; 3 for Aberdeen)

I had a Hard-Drive failure last week, losing 2 months of data - so am 're-building', as-and-when. Another harsh, painful lesson though...
Anyway, the 'North Derby' stats are now updated - here's the full list of 102 goals form anybody interested!
Some 'blasts-from-the-past' here!

Billy McKay 6        
Barry Nicholson 5        
Adam Rooney 5 2 Inverness 3 Aberdeen    
Darren Mackie 4        
Own Goal  4 Ross Tokely Roman Golobart Kenny Gillet David Raven
Billy Dodds 3        
Roy McBain 3        
Graham Bayne 3        
Steve Lovell 3        
Peter Pawlett 3        
Niall McGinn 3        
Derek Adams 2        
Lee Miller 2        
Gary McDonald 2        
Richie Foran 2        
Scott Vernon 2        
Gregory Tade 2        
Josh Magennis 2        
Barry Robson 2        
Jonny Hayes 2 1 Inverness 1 Aberdeen    
Ash Taylor 2        
Greg Tansey 2        
Bobby Mann 1        
Cato Guntveit 1        
Arild Stavrum 1        
Craig Brewster 1        
Noel Whelan 1        
Jamie Smith 1        
Stevie Crawford 1        
Barry Wilson 1        
John Rankin 1        
Dennis Wyness 1        
Derek Young 1        
Sone Aluko 1        
Chris Maguire 1        
Russell Duncan 1        
Own Goal  1 Dave Bus      
Andy Barrowman 1        
Charlie Mulgrew 1        
Grant Munro 1        
Andrius Velicka 1        
Ryan Jack 1        
Nick Blackman 1        
Robert Milsom 1        
Rory Fallon 1        
Roman Golobart 1        
Cammy Smith 1        
Gary Warren 1        
Andrew Shinnie 1        
Danny Williams 1        
Graeme Shinnie 1        
Josh Meekings 1        
Marley Watkins 1        
Shay Logan 1        
Edward Ofere 1        
Miles Storey 1        
Ryan Christie 1        
Liam Polworth 1        
Carl Tremarco 1        
Iain Vigurs 1       updated 15 February 2016

• Agree 11

Quite nice to live in the passed , At my age that's all one can do.

At the end of the day  as the Americans say " Nobody likes a sore loser "

( to put the champagne on ice, we're going to Hampden twice,  )

Funny we used to sing that when I supported another bunch of Dons,  ( crazy gang ) but  got knocked out of both semis by Chelsea.

Except it was Wembley not Hampden

Thoroughly enjoyed Monday night's game and as usual this season the atmosphere was immense. How things have changed in that North Stand from just a couple of seasons ago where match after match at home there was literally nothing for the entire game. Really can make a difference so thumbs up for all the effort put in by the majority of those involved in section E. My old man met me at the game and paid cash, showed me his seat number was row C in section E...I suggested he might give it 5 minutes and find an empty seat in section B or C :wink:, he was nearly greeting the last time he had to stand for the whole game.

I was a bit surprised to hear Barry Wilson on the radio after the game saying that was our best performance of the season. I thought we were good but only once we had been given a shot in the arm by means of a Greg Tansey penalty and their opener look like no effort at all, they then started pressing and it looked like we could be in for a long night. These things happen and our equaliser sparked us into complete dominance after which Aberdeen did absolutely nothing to deserve anything from the game. There were controversial moments but at the end of the day we were the better team and did much more to win the game than some bitter sheep might suggest we did.

Top marks to Tremarco, Draper, Warren, Storey, Roberts, Tansey and enjoyed Mutombo's appearance off the bench. Horner was ok but I thought quite poor when he gets into a drive forward....he gets there fine but then spills the ball pitifully quite often but maybe he could do with a similar run in the team which has shown such an improvement in Tremarco this season as it could well be down to confidence.

Massive 3 points.

• Agree 2

On 17 February 2016 at 9:14 AM, forresjags said:

Absolutely do not agree  Richard Gordon called into question Ross Drapers integrity on national radio. Total abuse of his position in my book.

Absolutely awful coverage before and after the game listening to old man man Miller droning on about how superior 'The Dons' are in their title challenge.

I'm only complaining about one comment by Richard Gordon which was totally unprofessional. He may be very balanced normally but in this case he was obviously sickened by the result and couldn't keep it in.

No amount of bbc apologists can wish this away and I'm sure the broadcast can be retrieved if necessary. I thought Willie Miller was fine and gave ICT loads of credit for a fine performance. 

I only heard it as I had to go up to Lewis on Sunday for family reasons or I would have been at the game instead of sitting in the car listening to medium wave. 

• Agree 1

On 18/02/2016 at 4:59 PM, TheMantis said:

I'm only complaining about one comment by Richard Gordon which was totally unprofessional. He may be very balanced normally but in this case he was obviously sickened by the result and couldn't keep it in.

No amount of bbc apologists can wish this away and I'm sure the broadcast can be retrieved if necessary. I thought Willie Miller was fine and gave ICT loads of credit for a fine performance. 

I only heard it as I had to go up to Lewis on Sunday for family reasons or I would have been at the game instead of sitting in the car listening to medium wave. 

The beef that I had with Willie Miller on the radio post-match was his complete inability to accept Yogi's "No" as an answer when asked if that was ICT's best performance of the season. How on earth could they have played better in any other game this season when they had just gone and beaten the mighty Aberdeen thanks in part to an allegedly dodgy penalty?

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, standbydave said:

I see the holdup at kick off was because they found a hole in the net, should have put a tannoy out for a fisherman in the crowd,I would have sorted it oot in seconds. Better that than Sheep crying out for goals disallowed scenario!

Isn't the net supposed to have lots of holes in it?

• Agree 3