FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brora v ICT

Yngwie

Anyone got any info on the team line-up?

All I can find about the game is that we (apparently) went 1-0 down in the 74th minute, about 10m now remaining, but I have no idea how reliable xscores.com is.

Edited by Yngwie

ICT first half: Esson, Raven, Brown, Meekings, Trialist, Draper, Maclennan, Wilson, Mulraney, Sutherland, Fisher.

ICT second half: Mackay, Tremarco, Warren, Gilchrist, Horner, Rennie, Robertson, Tansey, Polworth, Boden, Vigurs.

Highland News Report

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/ICT-boss-Foran-off-and-running-with-a-pre-season-draw-at-Brora-05072016.htm

• Agree 1

Speaking to a friend from Brora, obviously hard to asses as its the first game, but Mulraney and Mcnaughton seemed to be the best players on the pitch, which is a good sign. A lot of good play.. Until they got near the box. Potentially still missing a quality striker to put the ball in the net. 

Boden looked  quite handy._denied a couple of goals by some great goalkeeping.  Thought maclennan and Sutherland both did well 1st half,fisher didnt impress much. The young lad who played RM both tonight (2nd half ) and at the broch was very impressive.

Very difficult to make any predictions, especially with the 'two teams' format, the first run out of the season and the getting to know eachother syndrome.

The first half, only our regulars seemed to shine, with Ross Draper and David Raven running the show (Draper looking like a good choice for captaincy)

The newbies showing some good flashes but the final ball going astray in a very familiar fashion and what few shots goalwards were way off target apart from one which was easily dealt with by Brora Keeper.

Ryan dealt with all his work very competently and had two fine saves, all in all Brora  won the first half though.

The second half.  As the game went on a little of the ' win at all costs '  showed but only a little and only after Brora had scored. Tremarco, Warren, Tansey  and Polworth with his goal, Vigurs who tested and brought out the save of the match from their Keeper and Boden were all that showed real endeavour.

On that showing Richie has his work cut out, we need shape, cohesion, accurate passing and a lot more efforts on target for us to compete in the Premier league.

Perhaps when we get to see the full side together it may be a completely different story, fingers crossed.

Yesterday was, as intended, no more than a public work out as emphasised by playing two distinct teams. Not much really to be read into either the performance or the result.

Things should be much clearer by the time we play Elgin in our final friendly with close to our first choice XI and a bit of match fitness under their belts.

By the sounds of things, we need more new players brought into the side. Hopefully in the coming weeks we either sign a couple more or bring more on trial at the very least.

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

Very difficult to make any predictions, especially with the 'two teams' format, the first run out of the season and the getting to know eachother syndrome.

The first half, only our regulars seemed to shine, with Ross Draper and David Raven running the show (Draper looking like a good choice for captaincy)

The newbies showing some good flashes but the final ball going astray in a very familiar fashion and what few shots goalwards were way off target apart from one which was easily dealt with by Brora Keeper.

Ryan dealt with all his work very competently and had two fine saves, all in all Brora  won the first half though.

The second half.  As the game went on a little of the ' win at all costs '  showed but only a little and only after Brora had scored. Tremarco, Warren, Tansey  and Polworth with his goal, Vigurs who tested and brought out the save of the match from their Keeper and Boden were all that showed real endeavour.

On that showing Richie has his work cut out, we need shape, cohesion, accurate passing and a lot more efforts on target for us to compete in the Premier league.

Perhaps when we get to see the full side together it may be a completely different story, fingers crossed.

I came away feeling much more positive than this?  It is clear though, that it's still the final 3rd that's an issue. Although jake was putting in some handy crosses, would be nice to see him and Boden linking up. Maybe tomorrow night

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

I came away feeling much more positive than this?  It is clear though, that it's still the final 3rd that's an issue. Although jake was putting in some handy crosses, would be nice to see him and Boden linking up. Maybe tomorrow night

I know what you are saying and I understand why.

There were some positive moments and bearing in mind the points I made about the ' newness ' of the team I tried to be as objective as possible in my short resume of the game, just remember this was a Highland league side we were up against not premier standard and should any injuries be forth coming these are the players who will ;have to step up to the mark.

Richie I am sure will have noticed the shortcomings and I am sure he will be able to put things right but it will need a lot of hard work to get a team with good stand-ins up and running.

It was the lack of shape and game-plan that bothered me most  and that can be sorted.

37 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

It was the lack of shape and game-plan that bothered me most  and that can be sorted.

discipline.  Esson was great barking directions, but players were getting dragged out of position following the ball, and obviously, no-one was there to fill the void. very narrow again, even with Mulraney and the young Robertson, but we seemed unwilling to put it out there.

Early days though, Bughtmaster.

Both the team and Richie Foran must be given time to get to know each other  in their selected positions, settle things down and get the road-map arranged correctly (metaphorically speaking of course). Route 1 being clearly marked as :

A. You have the ball. B. the goal is right there ahead of you and C. Go for it  and don't turn corners, or  pass back ever. :laugh:

Yes. Passing back to the goalie (or even one back passing across field to the other back) is now an increasingly common, irritating occurrence in the MLS in North America. It almost always seems to me to be an avoidance of responsibility, a lack of attacking zeal or a lack of self-confidence. But what's wrong with at least blootering it up  the park fifty yards,  rather than passing the ball backwards which will never score goals and could put the goalie under pressure if he flubs it?

The objective in these matches is not winning or to be entertaining....it's about getting a run out, shaking off the cobwebs and the manager trying to get a gauge on where players are at with fitness/sharpness.

The only people who can judge how successful the match was are the Manager and Coaches.

I've seen pre-seasons where we've gone out and won every friendly, bagging goals by the fistful and had terrible starts to the season....and vice-versa.  We saw one trialist and Richie has said he'll be running the rule over another 2 or 3 before the start of the league season...and also that he won't rush any decision as he wants the right players and not just any players.

Maybe I'm just getting more chilled about these things in my old age, but I don't get worked up over pre-season matches anymore.

I think I might have just had a "turning into my Dad" moment!!!

• Agree 2

Totally agree with the young CaleyD. These early pre season friendliest are akin to training matches and are as much to do with fitness building and team bonding than anything else. We also have to realise that this side have been playing a particular style of football for some time. The Foran transition unfortunately may take some time. And how can you have shape and a game plan when you change the entire team at half time, plus Brora are no mugs.

• Agree 1

Steady on lads I was only pointing out the rawness of the Team, just how much Foran has on his plate and what has got to materialise before we are ready for the big off. I didn't expect many of you to get up this way to watch the game and thought you might be interested. Anyway these were the bare facts as I saw them.

IHE, game plan and shape are the basics of what a good team is built on you should know that ! also both sides of a coin should be minted the same way only the detail differs. :wink:  

CaleyD  I am certainly not getting worked up, I know the Team still has tremendous potential and I look forward to seeing the full team in action, glad you are growing up though :lol:

Scarlet  A B C, I can't help thinking there is a little bit more to football than that. :cry:....... :laugh:

Psychologically I can see that your defensive retort clearly demonstrates your regret about the initial post. Game plan and shape are of course necessities but do not come along when you are playing a pre season friendly and changing the entire team at half time. Build up the fitness levels and the togetherness - blend in the newbies and see how they fit in to the prospective system. Basics are the foundations and building on top takes time.

Bughtmaster, I wasn't really aiming my views at anyone in particular....had I any specific point to make about your post then I would have quoted it.

However, now that you've re-established focus on your post, it's probably your second last line that gives it an air of 'OMG AN ICEBERG' :lol: