FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Since we have so many...

Harry Chibber

McAllister was absolutly outstanding against Celtic last time around - so get him in there surely!

He also talked himself up big time before that game in an interview for the Highland News, he had to back that up with a display.

I'll not go against the flow here, I agree with the majority HC's line-up looks good but like one or two others, I can't see CC changing formations for this game.

I'd like to see :-

Fraser

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

Wilson Duncan Black Rankin

McSwegan Bayne

However I feel Charlie will go with the same starting line-up that started at Motherwell, and I'll no' criticise it in case we win  :004:

I'm sure Dargo is back in training, so it's possible they might risk him, even 45 minutes would be worth a shot. 

He is back in training but still feeling discomfort from the injury. Unlikely to be back until the Kilmarnock game on 10th March at earliest

Starting XI - Calder, Teasdale, Golabek, Mann, McCulloch, Hastings, Sheerin, Tokely, Wilson, Christie, Wyness.

:015: If only...

Charlie will want to make changes this game, however, he will also be wary of making too many wholescale changes,  at the risk of destabilising the side. McAllister should be put to one side meantime.  McSwegan to start. I would also like Hart to appear at some point. Wilson usually starts, but I could equally see him coming on as a supersub, for the last 20 or 25 - a good run. Black will start, but I am reluctant to see Russell go in a game when we will need all the defence we can get. Rankin should stay as wide left as possible, and has shown his defensive capabilities in recent games. So that just leaves Woy to drop to the bench,for this game at least.

Thus

Starting middy of

Wilson Duncan Black Rankin

Subs: Hart Sutherland McBain McAllister Caff

btw. If,as we are told, Dargos injury was "not as bad as first suspected" - three weeks - shouldn't he be back soon? ie this weekend?

People are talking as if we have some right to win this game.....but only if the team selection is right.  In other words if we lose the match then CC is in a no-win situation regardless of his team selection as the boo-boys will be out in force (again) saying that he got it wrong.  It'll be the same old "shoulda started with..." or "that substitution made no sense/was too late/was the wrong player"

Winning doesn't even seem to please some people and they will still come away with "we got lucky, it doesn't make CC a good manager" type comments.

Doesn't matter what the team is on the day, the lads will have to be performing at their best to get the result.  EVERY player mentioned so far is capable of a match winning performance when on form, and that includes those that are being singled out as "not good enough".

I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about team selection or comment on whether it could/should have been different, but we have to lose the mindset that just because CC doesn't play it the way we see it that our ideas would have produced a different result.  Some of the suggested line-ups on here are adventurous and risky, to say the least - it's easy to suggest a line-up we are highly unlikely to see then come back after a bad result and say "if we had gone with...." the result would have been different.

Fraser

Tokely Munro Hastings

Wilson Black Rankin Morgan

Hart

Bayne    Sutherland

Subs Ridgers, Dods, Duncan, McBain, McAllister

Caley D - I don't see anyone suggesting that we have a right to win this.

I think 4 - 5 - 1 could be a useful formation to employ. It serves Chelsea well in that they play defensive and soak up oressure but just as quickly launch a counter attack with the 2 wide midfielders acting as extra forwards. This is the kind of tactic we seem to use very well - soak up pressure and hit on the break.

I think the one key thing we have to do is pass the football and get away from the long ball.

What I have been saying fer ages and HC steals my feckin thunder:

Duncan in the deep, covering holding role - Black as the playmaker - Wilson and Rankin out wider. Royster only holds his place as we have to cram midfield and his harrying style will be useful. CC recent selections make it difficult not to favour. Bayne will run his guts out and we have ample replacements on the bench who could fit in to several positions and the formation. In the next league game we can drop Royster and fink about the second forward place.

And it aint 4-5-1 - Its 4-1-4-1