IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

QUESTIONS / OBSERVATIONS TO THE BOARD

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well I got an immediate reply from Andy Johnstone. Very polite, very well worded, appearance of being an invite to sit down and talk things through. I can see where he is coming from. I aint going to add any more but I have forwarded it on to Scotty. If we are going to get anywhere we have to leave it solely to Scotty.

I did get your message IHE and will respond to you. It was polite, I will give you that, but it was also addressed to you, not to CTO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care if Graham Rae issues a Salman Rushdie style fatwa on anyone involved with CTO so long as we get a winning team on the park.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ictchris said:

I don't care if Graham Rae issues a Salman Rushdie style fatwa on anyone involved with CTO so long as we get a winning team on the park.

 

Wont get a winning team on the park if the club has no funds to pay for it and as long as it keeps treating fans with contempt then the inevitable risk is revenues (through ticket sales, mech and sponsors) and footfall will continue to drop. There is a link between success and having a well run club.

Other than being a user on CTO, I have no other connection and not clued up on the ICT/CaleyD issues, but given the club has no official fan site which it directly runs or manages, I'm not sure that to try distance itself and not work to resolve the issues/relationship is really building the necessary bridge between the 2 groups. The club should be looking at this forum as a valued platform to promote the club rather than suggest it wont play with us as they don't like one of the kids. All very childish IMO and not how a professional organisation should operate.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buster said:

No, your CTO shield is your propensity to play the joker card when you are challenged.

I suspect that you are another Bozo who has not read though the threads. I play the joker card in response to any comments aimed at my good self. Sarcasm = Sarcasm. For your limited insight here is the bottom line - "Oh and I should add that I did not start all this off in order to get the Club responding on CTO. I started this off to get the club demonstrating the available channels of communication and responding to individual comments and concerns. The statement recorded does tend to define the lines of communication. If it does not come up with the goods then it is open to complaint by a lot more than the Angry Bird Brigade. IF ?"

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

I don't care if Graham Rae issues a Salman Rushdie style fatwa on anyone involved with CTO so long as we get a winning team on the park.

 

Well that is how I would have usually responded to threads like these. Unfortunately I do honestly feel that this impasse is affecting the club and may well create further problems in the future if not remedied. I have had enuff conversations with Red Card and RIG to recognize that the communication issue has been lanquishing for some time. I still think that the Board had more important business to deal with first but they do appear to be making more of an effort now. You may also be surprised that it pissses me off that there have been more posts about the politics than the fare on the pitch. There was absolutely nothing about the QOS match until just before the feckin kick-off.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I did get your message IHE and will respond to you. It was polite, I will give you that, but it was also addressed to you, not to CTO. 

And I am sure that you will agree that the club is making comments about looking at renewed communication channels. I evidently realise that this is not as straightforward as that and I would suggest that elements of BOTH sides have to bury hatchets and make concessions. Whether that will happen or not who knows - but I am also sure that all posters will agree that this is in the best interests of the club.

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Other than being a user on CTO, I have no other connection and not clued up on the ICT/CaleyD issues, but given the club has no official fan site which it directly runs or manages, I'm not sure that to try distance itself and not work to resolve the issues/relationship is really building the necessary bridge between the 2 groups. The club should be looking at this forum as a valued platform to promote the club rather than suggest it wont play with us as they don't like one of the kids. All very childish IMO and not how a professional organisation should operate. 

I almost agree 100% with that post. Not sure that CaleyD should be picked out. He has maintained a respectful silence during all of this (must be feckin killing him!!). But it takes two sides to build a bridge and both sides are at fault. What initially riled me was that my perception is that some of the so called individuals who are going to help build the bridge appear to be the main detractors of the Board on this forum. 

3 hours ago, TopSix said:

Joys of the international break. 

I would rather read through all the recent threads than spend time watching Scotland !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the answer is to a employ a third party to act as a go between 

Cordiner and Larg are still local are they not? 

Dougal

 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dougal said:

Maybe the answer is to a employ a third party to act as a go between 

Like an slo maybe.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

When will the online shop be back up and running it's been down since the 25th August.

Liaison with supporters:  We recognise the importance of effective liaison with our supporters and this will be the focus of increased attention in the months ahead.  Each SPFL club is required to have a Supporters’ Liaison Officer and at ICT this, initially, will be shared by our senior staff, with Stadium Manager, Andy Johnstone, taking a co-ordinating role.    We will ensure that communications from supporters and feedback are dealt with by the correct department and that the necessary actions are delivered. A  Supporters’ Liaison Officer email is now active - [email protected]

If posters are sending SLO e-mails - It would be interesting to know if they got a response and repost their question and the response so that everybody gets to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Liaison with supporters:  We recognise the importance of effective liaison with our supporters and this will be the focus of increased attention in the months ahead.  Each SPFL club is required to have a Supporters’ Liaison Officer and at ICT this, initially, will be shared by our senior staff, with Stadium Manager, Andy Johnstone, taking a co-ordinating role.    We will ensure that communications from supporters and feedback are dealt with by the correct department and that the necessary actions are delivered. A  Supporters’ Liaison Officer email is now active - [email protected]

If posters are sending SLO e-mails - It would be interesting to know if they got a response and repost their question and the response so that everybody gets to know.

Dear Ictfc 
 
Can you advise when the online shop will be back up and running it's been inactive and unavailable since 25th August. 
 
Many thanks 
 
 
Email sent to [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asking fans to send messages to a faceless entity hidden behind an email address, whilst refusing to engage with fans using pseudonyms, seems a little incongruous.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked the question as I do not have any input into online activity and this is the response I have been given.

 

"We hope to have the online shop back up and running within the next couple of weeks. The shop is currently down due to a problem with processing online payments. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you or others, items can still be purchased for delivery by contacting the shop (01463 222880)".

 

If I receive any further information regarding it coming back on line I will let you know and I will see if our social media can be updated to reflect this.

 

Kind Regards

 

Andy

 

 

 

Response received today from email to SLO email last night. Must say rather pleased with the speed of the reply.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Buster said:

Asking fans to send messages to a faceless entity hidden behind an email address, whilst refusing to engage with fans using pseudonyms, seems a little incongruous.

Meaning of buster

NORTH AMERICAN 
used as a mildly disrespectful form of address to a man or boy.
"like it or lump it, buster"

Liaison with supporters:  We recognise the importance of effective liaison with our supporters and this will be the focus of increased attention in the months ahead.  Each SPFL club is required to have a Supporters’ Liaison Officer and at ICT this, initially, will be shared by our senior staff, with Stadium Manager, Andy Johnstone, taking a co-ordinating role.    We will ensure that communications from supporters and feedback are dealt with by the correct department and that the necessary actions are delivered. A  Supporters’ Liaison Officer email is now active - [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I almost agree 100% with that post. Not sure that CaleyD should be picked out. He has maintained a respectful silence during all of this (must be feckin killing him!!). But it takes two sides to build a bridge and both sides are at fault. What initially riled me was that my perception is that some of the so called individuals who are going to help build the bridge appear to be the main detractors of the Board on this forum. 

1

When I put myself forward for election back onto the board of the Supporters Trust it was with the objective of presenting it to the next AGM as a society that was fit for purpose...and that objective has not changed.  Other items have cropped up since then which have required some attention and they have been dealt with as necessary, but they cannot be allowed to distract from what needs to be done for the long-term benefit of the ICT Supporters Trust and the community it 'should' represent.

If others choose to let their thoughts on me as an individual stand in the way of that, or if they refuse to work with any group/organisation because of my involvement with it...then that says more about them than anything I might say.  So, in short, not getting involved in any associated discussion, arguments or tit for tat is not 'killing' me at all.

Should the Supporters Trust board and/or members believe I am doing (or not doing) anything which is damaging to the society, then procedures exist for my removal.  If anyone would like details of those procedures, then you can email a request to [email protected]ict.supporterstrust.org

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surely it's in the club's interest for the board to have open communication with an organisation holding 10% voting rights?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caleyboy said:

surely it's in the club's interest for the board to have open communication with an organisation holding 10% voting rights?

You'd think.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get a small delegation going and ask for a meeting. If not , why not?  The Board must see you in person and judge whether or not your thoughts and comments are meritorious (to their ears) or not. AND carry a list of these arguments that you can leave with them. Then they have to reply specifically .. either at the meeting or shortly thereafter in writing. Ask for this.

Dress up nicely and be polite but persistent and prepare your arguments against tedious rebuttal. Then they will see you mean business. Finally, ask for a response(written) within a specified time frame.

You have to meet them in person and put their feet (politely) to the fire. Make sure all 3 or 4 -or 5 of you agree on the details of your presentation so no slip-ups occur during the meeting.

Or, IMHO,  alternatively, small talk ourselves into the distant future. This thread now needs to act or close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult when the ball is not on your court and the server in possession is constantly calling for time-out ? Waiting to have an opportunity to return the serve and then hopefully a long and successful rally will ensue.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.