Scotty

34 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Was it Coll's goal ? Could Polly have scored it ? - was it an own goal ? - or even did White also get a faint touch ?

From the north stand I think it was going in without a touch but delighted nevertheless 

14 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Why did we play more defensively today than aggressively in order to try to score? 

Because we started the game 3-1 up! 

I made a rare trip north yesterday to see us getting through to the next round of the play-offs. Couldn't care less about the performance, we did what we needed to do and if we got through it without any injuries or suspensions then we've managed it well. 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

55 minutes ago, Satan said:

I don't think there has been a rush of criticism for 'looking tired' or whatever,  maybe one poster stated this, but you seem to have commented on it a couple of times.

There have been comments, correctly stating that it was perhaps lacklustre, poor at times, and maybe they were at times playing within themselves.

All of the above may have been true from various viewpoints but are not necessarily seen as criticism.

Looking uninterested or in holiday mode, if it were true would be more serious accusations but whether or not this was the case is anyone's guess.

The number of games played recently in quick succession is more of a factor than the overall 50 games this season, but as they are professional athletes who by now won't be training very hard between games it should just be a case of injury management. It is up to the coaching staff, again professional's, to look after this with regards to the upcoming games.

So it's into the ice baths again and some Pilates for a few days then game faces on for Tuesday where we will be facing a stronger team than Ayr United at home.

Hopefully the performance is up a notch or two...

Seriously 

It really must hurt you to give the team praise 

Certainly something holding you back from giving a bit of praise, however yes it wasn’t a great silky performance yesterday but it got the job done

It was an excellent performance on Tuesday night. It’s a two legged game and the result over the two legs is all that matters.

But if you never venture to away games and just want to be part of the Caledonian Stadium Critics then fill your boots.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 2

Have to agree with Gregor. The aim for yesterday was to progress to the next round as are the games against Utd. Don't care if we play really badly or are outplayed as long as we progress. Team are trying their hardest to do it for the fans so let's stop the carping and get behind the team

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

Not our finest performance but as others have said we were clearly playing within ourselves ahead of a potentially very touch schedule so I can see why the players weren't bursting a gut as they might have been if it was a league game. Did get pretty nervous after Ayr scored and throughout most of the game as they created most of the decent (half) chances. Delighted when Donaldson / Polworth combined to seal the tie with that late goal. 

I think we did handle most of what Ayr threw at us pretty well. McCart again was a stand out for me. He's such a class defender at such a young age. His reading of the game and timing in the challenge is quite simply superb. Get him a contract extension ASAP please.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

44 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Can we cut out the personal stuff and get this back on topic please?

Sometimes its good to point out the critics as they drain the positivity out of the true supporter

We have had a good season

Four more games to make it a great one

With a two goal advantage there is always the expectation that you should win. It brings a lot of pressure which increases when you lose the first goal. The momentum of the tie changes as Liverpool and Tottenham demonstrated with devastating effect earlier this week. 

In the circumstances I think we. coped pretty well and managed the game very sensibly. It would have been nice to see a bit more of a cutting edge but it wasn’t the occasion for taking risks.  Another accomplished performance from Jamie McCart and a really solid one from Jordan White. 

I don’t expect us to beat United, but given the spirit the team has shown this season,    anything is possible. Come what may, we have exceeded my expectations for the season. It’s been a good one. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

With a two goal advantage there is always the expectation that you should win. It brings a lot of pressure which increases when you lose the first goal. The momentum of the tie changes as Liverpool and Tottenham demonstrated with devastating effect earlier this week. 

In the circumstances I think we. coped pretty well and managed the game very sensibly. It would have been nice to see a bit more of a cutting edge but it wasn’t the occasion for taking risks.  Another accomplished performance from Jamie McCart and a really solid one from Jordan White. 

I don’t expect us to beat United, but given the spirit the team has shown this season,    anything is possible. Come what may, we have exceeded my expectations for the season. It’s been a good one. 

It has been a good one. Four more games and it could yet be a great one.

• Agree 2

On 5/11/2019 at 10:15 PM, Gringo said:

Going to be a tough call against the Arabs. They'll be out for revenge of the Scottish Cup defeat and they'll be fresher / fitter. :unsure:

League points we've taken off Ayr United this season - 10 [W3 D1 L0 F5 A2]

League points we've taken off Dundee Utd this season - 2 [W0 D2 D2 F2 A5]

Repost in sober mode please???

• Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned and unfeatured this topic