FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

McSwegan Seeks New Deal

RiG

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I can't believe the negativity on this thread, he's no world beater but he's certainly not the worst player to ever pull on an ICT shirt. He offers us something a bit different in attack...  a more cerebral approach, brain over brawn. Anyone who has a clue about football will appreciate how well he holds the ball and links play. Sure he hasn't really been on the scoresheet but considering how little first team football he's had I think he's done OK whenever I've seen him on the park.

Whatever you think of his playing attributes, surely at least you can give him credit for giving 100 percent. His tubby old frame gets up and down the pitch like the flying Scotsman. He doesn't deserve to be slagged off like a pantomine villain!

I think everyone realises that Sweggers was bought for cover, he had his chance when Wyness and Dargo were injured and wasn't the worst player in the team when he played but unfortunately he is running out of years and there is no point trying to get him up to speed with the first team when we could be working with new players/youth players.  If he is sticking about as a coach I think he would have a lot to pass on with his previous experience but if we are looking to the future I don't think he has one with ICT as a player.

Guest kingkojak

I can't believe the negativity on this thread, he's no world beater but he's certainly not the worst player to ever pull on an ICT shirt. He offers us something a bit different in attack...  a more cerebral approach, brain over brawn. Anyone who has a clue about football will appreciate how well he holds the ball and links play. Sure he hasn't really been on the scoresheet but considering how little first team football he's had I think he's done OK whenever I've seen him on the park.

Whatever you think of his playing attributes, surely at least you can give him credit for giving 100 percent. His tubby old frame gets up and down the pitch like the flying Scotsman. He doesn't deserve to be slagged off like a pantomine villain!

i agree. the few times ive seen him play he has held the ball up well and he's proven he has a wicked shot on him.  would much rather keep mcswegan over rory despite his age!  but the fact is he hasnt scored any goals and we have enough strikers in the squad who struggle for goals as it is.  can we afford to carry passengers?.  

if rory gets the punt then id be quite happy to see sweggers stay on for a bit.

When has McSwegan proved he has a good shot on him aside from the Hibs game?

In an ICT shirt..... never really

but at his peak he could certainly hit them

I would like to see him stay on as a coach but i think its safe to say mcswegans playing days at the club are over, particularly if sutton or buchanen come in

Guest sophia

"When did he prove he has a good shot"?

Well off the top of my head

v Olympique Marseille

in the Scottish Cup Final

and at Telford St

Who was it that "said every politicians career ends in failure"?

Well perhaps the same might be said about professional footballers.

If this is his swansong, I for one would like to thank Gary for his contribution to the game over his long and distinguished career.