FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline home Feb2024

tm4tj

5 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Sounds like on a par (no pun intended) with the Morton new year 0-0 draw. Which was the worst game of football I can remember. 

Been so many bad games lot of nominees for worst game lately 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

David Carson a player with drive and determination. Sean Welch a player with drive and determination.  Where are they when we need them? Well we achieved the clean sheet Duncan sought and whilst we have injuries so too do Dunfermline. 

Thought they had a fairly strong squad tonight and a full subs bench, apart from late pressure at the fund they were happy to get the point.

• Like 1

Two poor teams tonight. The penalty was our only real chance but we couldn’t take it. Devine made a miraculous clearance off the line shortly after the penalty. That apart, nothing of any real note.

At least we didn’t do our usual and concede in the last 10 minutes.

It was a patchwork side. Still 3 5 2 with Kerr in midfield, where I thought he’d a good game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Scrappy game. Score the penalty early and probably a 1-0 win on the cards. Not to be and a stalemate ensued. In the circumstances Dunfermline ought to have went for it however despite a bit of late pressure couldn’t score either 🤹🏻 Bizaare we find ourselves with no midfield. We didn’t lose and a lot of effort from the team but needed a bit of quality. The proverbial relegation fight is on now…

• Agree 4

We are in a real dog fight with a bunch of loanees who will be leaving in April. Will they go toe to toe against Morton, will they scrap for everything against a rejuvenated Queens, will they have the guile and wit to take points off Raith. Some have never experienced proper adults football. It looks more like our management team have totally underestimated this league.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Gardiner needs shot out of a cannon back to Weegieville

Most problems at the club have come via Gardiner .  He is the root of the problems at the club and if Morrison keeps backing this guy then afraid he needs to go too as between them are ruining the club and only pulling it backwards . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

It's going to be difficult to avoid play offs.

As others say, the club is going backwards with no sign of any desire from the top for anything to change.

Desperate and depressing times.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

31 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

We are in a real dog fight with a bunch of loanees who will be leaving in April. Will they go toe to toe against Morton, will they scrap for everything against a rejuvenated Queens, will they have the guile and wit to take points off Raith. Some have never experienced proper adults football. It looks more like our management team have totally underestimated this league.  

The bunch of loanees were the standouts tonight. Not sure where your thinking comes from to question their commitment. Cammy Kerr easily the best player on the park tonight

• Like 1

Who are the absolute cretins within our support that forced Billy Mckay to post this on X

"Not big on social media, obviously gutted I’ve cost the boys 3 points tonight hold my hands up! 
And listen I’m happy to take abuse or criticism at me no problem had it plenty of times in my career. 
But to shout my son then abuse me to him I don’t think is acceptable.

• Thank You 1
  • Well Said 7
  • Thoughtful 1

44 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

We are in a real dog fight with a bunch of loanees who will be leaving in April.

I’m hoping they’ll be here until May when the league season ends!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Who are the absolute cretins within our support that forced Billy Mckay to post this on X

"Not big on social media, obviously gutted I’ve cost the boys 3 points tonight hold my hands up! 
And listen I’m happy to take abuse or criticism at me no problem had it plenty of times in my career. 

Wow, just wow.

16 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Shocking!

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Disgraceful. Billy gives his all in every game. Behaviour like that will only drive him away from the club. 

• Agree 2
  • Thoughtful 1

Kerr easily my POM.   Gave everything in midfield - and won most of it too!  Felt like McAllister was trying too hard to impress and as a result kept giving away possession.  Don't doubt his ability, just need a cool and composed head in midfield right now, not one who tries for the matchwinner every time he gets the ball.  Think it would have helped if he'd someone guiding him a bit.

Samuel is some fighter.  Immense - but relied on him for lead-up play and he barely (ever??) got a touch inside the box.  Would sign him in a flash if an option, but sadly suspect that he'll get much better options than us in the summer.  

Billy Mckay cost us the win?  Nope, and I'm appalled that anyone says as much, and even more disgusted if they directed it to his family.    

Amazing goal line clearance by Devine when it seemed certain we'd go behind, I celebrated it like a goal and was not alone.  Think it's fair to say that other than the penalty, our next best chances were 3 headers from Devine from corners, all of which were off target.  

Overall a strange one.  No lack of effort, but no real threat, as the stats say.  When our bench is 4 attacking players and a goalkeeper, I'm left wondering if we've gone too far in letting basically all of our own youngsters go out on loan.

• Agree 4

Ferguson really is awful in front of the camera.  Making light of the situation while laughing and smiling away without a care in the world.  His apparent disconnect from how poor we are is worse than Dodds.  Are we adding something to the water at the stadium?

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

I thought for the first 10 minutes we were really good and thought I was at the wrong stadium .Then Dunfermiline got stuck in and it became a bit of a slog.We still had some nice touches and I think this team play better football than last seasons group.Yes of course we cannot score, which baffles me,but lady luck is not on our side either.Had Billy scored tonight the comments from some would have been different.We have drawn with Partick who are third, Dunfermline who were sixth I think and Arbroath who are bottom,so not end of the world stuff.

I said if we get four points out of last night's game and at Morton we will be doing well. Well now we will have to beat Morton!!

A bit of positivity helps the team and for me Kerr was standout as was Devine.Samuel is a warrior ip front.

Finally,I think the loanees have shown real grit and determination and need to be cut a bit of slack.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

58 minutes ago, STFU said:

Ferguson really is awful in front of the camera.  Making light of the situation while laughing and smiling away without a care in the world.  His apparent disconnect from how poor we are is worse than Dodds.  Are we adding something to the water at the stadium?

Well to quote 'we never created much' then later 'I was pleased with all the players' so he's pleased we never created much? 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

I agree with this, his upbeat mentality permanently just don’t really make sense. It’s like it’s a facade and not how he actually feels. Surely. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic