FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

France v. Scotland 12 Sept

RossP

Anyone else going to this game?? By the looks of things on the TartanArmy messageboard, there could be up to 15,000 Supporters going  :clapping03:

10 of us have just ordered return flights from Glasgow to Dusseldorf on Ryanair for £38 each (inc all tax etc), followed by return flights for £45 each (inc all taxes etc) from Dusseldorf to Paris on AirBerlin.

Leave Tues Morning, fly back on Friday.

Scotland at home to Lithuania the weekend before too :) If we beat them, there could be even more people going!!

If you are planning it, i suggest you book flights/buses/trains asap.

I would also advise you to look into hotels early doors as there's a real problem with regards lack of bedspaces in the city.  What is available tends to be pretty expensive.

Another point to bear in mind is the fact that the game is at the Parc des Princes which has a much smaller capacity (44,500) than the Stade de France (80,00) so tickets are going to be at a premium.

I'm leaving Paris next week after eight years out here but I'm planning on being back for the game.  

It's going to be difficult to lay my hands on a ticket for the Scotland end but I'm fairly confident of securing a ticket in the France end.  :004:

It's going to be difficult to lay my hands on a ticket for the Scotland end but I'm fairly confident of securing a ticket in the France end.  :004:

Any chance you know what the french national team website is, or the official website for getting face value tickets? I've got a mate that  is living just outside Paris, so could get him to get tickets for us... :024:

Alas, i will be the only member of Strong Like Ox who will be going. But that is indeed my UserName in the TartanArmy Messageboard.

Ticket allocation works like this.

You must be a member of the scotland supporters club.

Since the Scots have only been allocated 3,000 tickets, it looks like you will need at least one point to get a ticket although porbably 2. 1 point is awarded for each away game that you have been to.

Considering that there are 26 000  members of the supporters club, with about 7000 of them sitting on 1 point or more, tickets will be like goldust.

Guest ictdave

Dont understand a word of all those websites :015:  Me and a mate are still thinking of going but the problem is tickets we dont want to go if we cant get into the game. 

YMIP do you know anyone that can get me 2 tickets anywhere in the stadium any help would be much appriceated.

Thanks

I would also advise you to look into hotels early doors as there's a real problem with regards lack of bedspaces in the city.  What is available tends to be pretty expensive.

And the Rugby World Cup is in full swing at that time so Paris will be teaming!!

I wouldn't go all that way to see Scotland get gubbed.

Who says we're gonna get gubbed?

ICTDave - I've already got a load of mates chasing me for tickets but I've no guarantee of getting sorted myself and will be trying my hand on the above sites when the tickets are released.  I'll also be asking friends in Paris to buy them over the counter if possible.  If I end up with a few tickets you never know but I expect the tickets for the France end to sell very quickly due to the importance of the match and the fact that France no longer play at the Parc des Princes is an added novelty factor for the locals.

Exiled ICT is spot on regarding the rugby world cup which is a big deal here in France.  England are playing South Africa at the Stade de France on the Friday after the game so bedspaces are going to be as rare as rocking horse sh.it and the streets will be awash with hooray henry ruggah types.

Guest TinCanFan

But that was with a full Scotland support and on another day we would have been gubbed at Hampden aswell.  France are gonna beat us, let's not kid ourselves and I remember people saying that Scotland would beat or possibly draw with Italy in Barri and how wrong they were.  Scotland were outplayed and fairly beaten by a far better team and remember France beat Italy 3-1 in Paris which should mean that France would beat us about 4-0.

But that was with a full Scotland support and on another day we would have been gubbed at Hampden aswell.  France are gonna beat us, let's not kid ourselves and I remember people saying that Scotland would beat or possibly draw with Italy in Barri and how wrong they were.  Scotland were outplayed and fairly beaten by a far better team and remember France beat Italy 3-1 in Paris which should mean that France would beat us about 4-0.

Yes but we beat rangers 2 -1 and they beat celtic 2-1 and they beat man united and....well do the maths yourselves.

Results over other teams mean nothing. I do believe that beating them in Paris will be a real achievement but I don't beleive that its impossible for us to get a result.

I am however positive that we will not be getting gubbed.

At the end of the day France SHOULD beat us. On paper, they are superior to us at every level. However, Football is played on grass and not paper and over 90 minutes anything can happen.

ICT have shown time after time that form or perceived quality mean nothing .... wins over Celtic and Hearts while still a lower league club ... 7 points out of a possible 9 against Rangers last season ..... As Jimmy Greaves used to say every Saturday lunchtime ... "Its a funny old game ....." and Scotland CAN do it, the question is WILL they do it.

Tickets for the French end went on sale at 9am this morning. By the looks of things on the Tartan Army messageboard hundreds, soon to be thousands of Scots have ordered tickets!!

Better look out a France top/flag  :023:

The day we land back in Scotland ICT are away to Celtic, if Setanta don't change the kick off day/time i'll definitely be going to Parkhead. What a state i'll look by then though... fully kilted in a France top after 7 days of carnage. Don't suppose we can sign a Frenchman by then??