Team for Clach Match

MichaelICT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest totalfootball

pre season games mean nothing IMO but I think Phil Marsh and Martin Pusic should get atleast 45 mins

Not sure who was who tonight, apart from the well kent faces.  Zander was knockout, two great runs, twice the speed of evryone else.

Of the others, the number 4 was good, and the two strikers who came on looked up for it.

If they want to get the best from Deano, they are going to have to keep the ball on the ground.

Like an old Highland league game, the speed it was played at. Clach did very very well.

There were more ICT players on the terrace than the pitch.

Apart from what's been said already I think Paatelainen put in a good shift in the first 45 but seemed rather anonymous for most of the second half - Dean MacDonald showed some nice touches but I thought he looked a little nervous, comes across as quite a shy bloke and I'd like to see him get stuck in a bit more and use some of that bulk he has, fitness may need a bit of work also but that will come with time.

Zander Sutherland looked a class above every other man on the pitch and twice as fast - twist, turn, turn, twist, twist, duck, nutmeg, pass, receive, twist, turn, bang - goalllllll!!! - He put more work in on that one play than most of the rest of the team put together during the entire match - he really is a great player to watch and if he keeps on going the way he is then I can't see CC having any option but to start giving him more games in the coming season.

All in all though the game was pretty dire, but the second half entertainment behind the goals justified the £6 to get in - just wish they would bring back the terracing to the SPL so we could have the best of both worlds.

Typical pre-season game not helped by a very slow pitch (cutting half an inch off the length of the grass would have helped).

Kerr looked the part, although was not under much pressure from the Clach attack for most of the game, and Vigurs/Zander also looked good when they came on.

Movement from Wood was far better than from Rory (who had some good touches but many more dire ones).

Difficult to learn too much from the game.

Tackle of the game came from Morgan who tried to kick the ball and the player inot orbit but managed to almost miss both :015: Obviously has been working too much with Black in training!

Nobody mentioned Don Cowie..?  i thought he was very good, he certainly got about and sent in some excellent crosses.

Rory i'm afraid was out of touch-again, even the Clach defenders got the better of him most of the time, Woods impressed me with his more direct play compared to the static Rory.

Anyway, County next saturday and thats my pre-season.

Is anyone of the belief MacAllister can really hack it at the required level? Personally, I cant comment much as havent been able to get to games for last 2 seasons (Got my Huns tickets today tho as the first of many visits this season :crazy07:), anyhoo, I know 4 of my season tix holding mates dont rate him at all.

Guest sophia

I agree with earlier posts that Vigurs showed up well. He looked like a young Steve McManaman what with his long locks catching the breeze…

"Poise" was the word that came to my mind as he strode forward with the ball.

I was impressed and disappointed once again in Ian Black.

Control and passing were as good as ever on the undulating and long grassed pitch.

But oh dearie dearie me, the tantrums, snarling, ridiculous tackling etc etc.

Looks like more of the same this year.

Oh and his shooting was interesting!

The young and blond left full back put in a tidy display, Macdonald??

Dean Macdonald was fairly quiet as was Cowie apart from a well weighted pass to the penalty spot for the new striker to waste.

Morgan was shown leniency by the ref who in a competitive game would have sent him from the field for a kick and a push following a late challenge. I’m afraid to say that he and Rory do not have time or, it seems, opportunity on their side. I hope that they can dig in and prove me wrong.

Zander Sutherland is indeed an exciting prospect.

Roll on the competitive stuff!

Last night was a bit confusing... luckily we were able to hear the players calling to each other and that put names to faces... ie Ian Black shouting, "Oh Duffers"!!!!

Have to agree with all who have mentioned Vigurs and Zander, both really stood out imo. Penalty taken confidently and thought Deano had some lovely touches.

(By the way who was number 4?) .

I thought it was Gary Wood that scored the penalty.  He was the one brought down for it and he and Zander had a wee "discussion" about who would take it.  Zander's patter was quite funny as well.  He first of all called Wood a greedy c**t for not passing to him then was not very complimentary to Blackie for his free kick that was skied over the bar.

I'm afraid to say that Cowie didn't impress me at all.  Deano faded through lack of service and Rory was gash.  However the young trialist goalie looked good as did youngsters Vigurs and Kerr. 

Am I also right in thinking that the Clach right back was Neil Gibb who used to be on ICT's books? He was one of many Clach players who put in a good performance and made things difficult for us.  Full marks to them and I wish them well in the HL this season.

No 4 was the tall boy in central defence wasn't it? He was impressive. His passing out to the wingers was Mannesque!

I thought Wood was the big striker who replaced Rory...and scored the penalty. He can't have been 4 as well can he?

Who was the keeper? Even though he didn't have much to do, he was good when called on. Maybe a wee bit small though? He was good anyway.