FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Welcome to Stepford

ed waiter

Well today I have seen it all, I was taking my seat in the main stand when just above in the walkway between the upper and lower seating there was 2 Rangers supporters one who clearly had a Rangers flag the other had a Union Jack. I was able to hear, as I was only 2 feet away, the abuse that the so called supporter was giving the female steward. I have listened over the years to the many postings about the level of stewarding  how bad they, well if that is what they have to put up with I would 'nt do it. The supporter was waving the flag under her nose as she told him he was not allowed in, or words to that effect I am paraphrasing, with the flag . They brushed passed her and took their seats in the open section of the main home seating. I watched while I think it must have been a senior steward was called  and he spoke to them, obviously I could not hear what was said but the 2 Rangers supporters, remained in their seats, there were more there than 2. Shortly a very Senior Northern Constabulary Officer came to the scene and to my horror he was ejecting them from the home support. The gasp of horror was not at them being ejected it was where they were ejected to he led them to the AWAY seats. No what the heck is the story there? They obviously had no ticket or seat for that end so I guess they were standing, well they were because I saw them walk up to the back and stand in the step area. I found out that seats in the home end were sold by the Portland Club and that the club had supplied them with a block of seats.

What the **** is going on and what exactly is the policy because every time there is an incident the goalposts seem to change?. Rangers get away with blue murder, oops and I think it is about time and once and for all this situation with  away support is dealt with and abusive and flags from the opposition in the home end were ejected  from the stadium.

So I guess it's welcome to Stepford! :018: :020:

Guest Atholl

The Portland Club are an embarassment to Inverness if that's the case but then we shouldn't be too surprised at a club that encourages flute band karaokes..

Double standards once again as I gave an example of on the main match thread with regard to the attitude of stewards towards home and away supporters.

:33:

The fact that the Portland Club, or more precisely a certain Rangers Supporting Taxi Driver who frequents the Portland Club , manage to get their hands on dozens of tickets for the ICT home end has been brought up time and again.  It's about time the person (and it is someone senior within the club) put an end to this as it does nothing but create problems time and again.  How can the home fans be expected to act in a responsible manner when it comes to ensuring tickets don't get in the wrong hands when a senior member of the ICT staff is actively promoting and encouraging it.

they were ejected to the AWAY seats. They obviously had no ticket or seat for that end so I guess they were standing, well they were because I saw them walk up to the back and stand in the step area. I found out that seats in the home end were sold by the Poirland Club and that the club had supplied them with a block of seats.

This may be what Chick Young was referring to when he said on air that ICT would have to help Rangers identify those singing inappropriate songs today as many of those in the away end did not have their tickets supplied by Rangers. I believie the club could get into deep **** for this practice.

Guest TinCanFan

Did anyone notice stewards trying to get people to sit down in the Singing Section while half the Rangers fans were on their feet.  I also heard on BBC Scotland after the game that some people had noticed secterian songs being sung in the away end.  Where they taken out?  Of course not because the stewards love OF fans and want to protect them in every way.

Some positives today re stewarding.  They are not usually very keen to remove 'away' fans. I've heard excuses like they have paid for the seat so they are entitled to sit in it, or we've nowhere else to put them.  They should quite simply be removed from the ground.  When Rangers scored their first goal there were a number of fans in section A of the main stand who celebrated the goal.  They were all removed by police and stewards.  15 in total I believe.  There were also a few taken out of the north stand.   If the fans you refer to above were abusive towards a steward, it's up to the steward to report them to the police and I agree they should have been removed not relocated.

As for the singing section, we cannot let them stand throughout the game, although there was a little leniancy today towards standing for short periods. Unfortunately they didn't have much to sing about and stayed pretty quiet throughout most of the game.  I hope this will be a positive exercise and we'll find the right level between supporting the team and complying with the rules of the game.

Did anyone notice stewards trying to get people to sit down in the Singing Section while half the Rangers fans were on their feet.  I also heard on BBC Scotland after the game that some people had noticed secterian songs being sung in the away end.  Where they taken out?  Of course not because the stewards love OF fans and want to protect them in every way.

I thought the Rangers fans sat down today more that usual, yes there were some standing at times, but not throughout the game as before.  I believe that they now have a dedicated section of Rock Steady who follow them to all away games and also work at Ibrox for home games.  This means that the stewards are better trained to deal with them and to be fair I didn't think they were too bad today.  The singing was another issue and is clearly being addressed by the club/Rangers and the SPL

As for the singing section, we cannot let them stand throughout the game, although there was a little leniency today towards standing for short periods. Unfortunately they didn't have much to sing about and stayed pretty quiet throughout most of the game.

LG, that is the kind of response we're used to hearing from the club.

LISTEN TO THE COMPLAINT, then answer - it was not that the fans were being asked to sit, it was that they were being asked to sit when it was clear that sections of the Away Support were being allowed to stand at will, indeed some of them had no choice as they had no seat.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but I don't think it is too much to ask for consistency - or maybe it is  :029:

I hope this will be a positive exercise and we'll find the right level between supporting the team and complying with the rules of the game.

Who is the "we", have the Supporters Trust taken on responsibilities for stewarding, or have you joined the staff?

Royal 'we' Scotty.  I'm not saying it was great today, but I have to say it was better than I expected.!!!!  We did have a trust board member present at the singing section throughout the game today, just in case there were any issues we might have to deal with, but as far as I am aware everything was okay.  It's an SPL ground rule that you're not allowed to stand in a seated area, and that applies to all fans.  There were a number of Rangers fans ejected from the ground today and some of those for persistent standing.

Guest paynis69

next home game against celtic or rangers i am going to sneak in a baseball bat, and if i see any of these gimps in the home section i am goin to walk up to them, take my baseball bat, and put it in their face really hard. maybe that shall teach them to stay the f**k out of the home end.

celtic and rangers are everything that is wrong with scottish football.

they must pay

Guest paynis69

dont worry, il get a fifteen year old to stand up sing so that they rush off to try and chuck him out then il just clonk them on the back of the head as they do so.  rory better play better that day or he'l be next

Guest TinCanFan

Did you see that moron trying to get a reaction from the ICT fans when he got thrown out in the first half?  What an idiot!

Guest birdog

Did you see that moron trying to get a reaction from the ICT fans when he got thrown out in the first half?  What an idiot!

LMAO he wasn't after a reaction he was just shocked we had the balls to sing him down, I loved smiling at him and singing "cheerio" he honestly had the idea that he could get away with his ***** in inverness but would he have the balls to do it at parkhead I hope he gets charged with breach and handed a huge banning order.

I usually avoid the old firm games like the plague but went along because it was the first game of the season and all that.  I was late in getting my ticket so was at the front row of Section A.  I had read many stories on this messageboard about away fans in the home end and was expecting a couple.  

Not long before kick off, a bald drunk guy blatantly standing singing the usual 'rangers' filth pipes up behind me.  I make a comment to him but it is ignored.  I couldnt see any stewards or police in front of me but plenty beside the singing section.  There were obviously more in there aswell.  Went Barry scored roughly 40 jumped up behind me.  I caught a Policeman walking past and said there was 40 in here.  The drunk loud lot got evicted and after the rest were alot quieter.

The fans were jumping again at the 2nd goal and got more cocky, shouting abuse at Rosscoe.  Nothing was done, most left right after their third.  

It seems this was mild compared with usual.  I was raging the whole game and will revert to setanta again when the weegies are in town.

Guest TinCanFan

I've found video evidence.  Here's a video of the first Rangers goal and notice the amount of people in the home section jump up when Ferguson scores.

Link