ICT -V- GRETNA - Matchnight Thread

Scotty

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like there was a right stramash in  the stand but Gringo Jnr handled his words so carefully that I was  left  bemused and confused--same old, same old, poor old Pimple  :rotflmao:--what on earth did happen ?

Gringo Jnr did a very good report, quite professional and descriptive--he is my MOM. LOL :002:

Re-Morgan

He does OK when he is on the ball, but like Denzil, neither of them could tackle a fish supper and he jumps in the air sort of Roryesque.  But when on the ball and delivering a cross he comes to life.  Good twenty yard first timer that skimmed the top of the bar in the second half.

Duncan MoM for me followed by Bazza and Cowie. Bazza willing to take players on and Cowie runs further than Forrest Gump.

Did we miss Marius or did Brew just fit into his role ?

Not really. With Brew/Bayne up front we just humped it up to them for most of the first half.

When Wyness replaced Brew we started to play some really good stuff.

Much as I like Bayne, and appreciate his 100% effort every game.......he just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. I'd have far rather seen Dennis/Deano or Deano/Marius given a go last night.

I thought it strange that Brew played himself when he'd made a fair few changes from Saturdays team.

Does anyone know how close Gretna were to their  full strength 11?

I hope that was pretty much their first team as it would only serve to confirm the notion that they are a load of rubbish.

I think both sides made 6 changes from their previous starting line up's.

I'm not sure if we should get too carried away with the result. I would expect there would have been more of a contest if that was a league game

Did we miss Marius or did Brew just fit into his role ?

Not really. With Brew/Bayne up front we just humped it up to them for most of the first half.

When Wyness replaced Brew we started to play some really good stuff.

Much as I like Bayne, and appreciate his 100% effort every game.......he just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. I'd have far rather seen Dennis/Deano or Deano/Marius given a go last night.

I thought it strange that Brew played himself when he'd made a fair few changes from Saturdays team.

Good comments. Yes, it was the long ball game in the first half and until Brew came off. Not fab stuff. I thought we had passed that. Really, though, we would have won whatever we did. I just hope we dont draw Hamilton!

My report was typed up last night as soon as i got home in kind of a rush-job. Not bad if i do say so myself!!!

The match was very entertaning throughout, and wyness certainly looked like his old self. Disagree with morgan having a poor game, and i thought he was very unfortunate to see his 20 yard effort clip off the bar. Overall, the side did exceptionally well, and prooved we have some depth in our squad. To leave out our first choice keeper, Niculae, McBain etc and still come out smelling of roses.... well, it's just superb.

WELL DONE to the singing section also. I tried to join you guys as much as possible and shall be looking for a spare seat this weekend. Perhaps we should all do a mass booking in section G for those who want to chant???

There was one steward i noticed that actually got the crowd going. Once most of Section G were singing 'sit down shut up' to the man in yellow, he started to chant back 'watch the game, watch the game, watch the game!!!' - near enough the whole stand stood and chanted the exact same. Class!!!

This to me is what stewarding should be about. Being able to have that bond with the fans where you know who's a hooligan and who's there to get behind their team and have a laugh... I even stood up with a friend of mine to chat to an aeroplane!!!

Good comments. Yes, it was the long ball game in the first half and until Brew came off. Not fab stuff. I thought we had passed that. Really, though, we would have won whatever we did. I just hope we dont draw Hamilton!

Hmmmm.... I saw lots of good passing moves and several chances created with wee chips from the edge of the penalty area from both Barry and Morgan - Cowie put yet another good shift too...

It's not like our play was one dimensional - plenty of variety - with everyone involved.

In truth, we could have been about 3 up after the first 25 minutes -  a period in which we played them off the park...  :022:

Guest Tea_And_Pies

I thought the performance reflected the amount of changes - was a poor game to watch other than the goals.

McCaffrey made several mistakes again but was ok in the air. Tokely seems to be getting a free role to go forward - worries me though because he always looks knackered near the end of the recent games.

Cowie didn't look himself but still put in a good shift. Morgan looked ok but made a few mistakes - another grafter. Duncan made his usual mistakes.

Bayne is just limited to heading - he cant do anything else well. Good in air with header - good at scoring with header. Rubbish at dribbling and finishing the ball and looks awkward with ball at his feet.

There was loads of long balls because Brew & Bayne were upfront - some shocking balls forward from Munro again.

Dennis looked sharp though. I would play Marius every game alongside Brew or Dennis.

Disappointing game but for the scoreline - team looked disjointed and was very scrappy. Gretna looked VERY poor though which made us look better.

Looking forward to Sat now though!

No I think it must have been my ears Scotty  :001:

BBC & Sporting Life both say Denzil .... lets blame the commentator  :004:

They were separated at birth after all  :029:

:017: Are we still talking about Mee's ears here?

Cannot help feel his comments re security will get cut tommorow.

Why would we do that ? The whole article is a factual account of the game and as fan reports often do, it contains details of the atmosphere, ambience and craic from where he was located in the ground.

Tea and pies - what a feckin strange name fer a Romanian !!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I reckon that Brew was checking out Bayne at close quarters - I still say that Marius/Brew and Marius/Bayne cannot play as a pairing and it is disappointing that playing Brew / Bayne led to the hoofing. To me the best pairing is Brew and Wyness. Gawd I wish Dargo was still ere.

South of the Border Dennis's name was being bandled about around Birmingham'

'MARTIN O'Neill admitted he "felt pretty sick" as he shouldered the full blame for Villa's shock Carling Cup exit against Leicester.

Then the Villa boss insisted he will have to live with the burden of his decision to make six changes to his team which ultimately cost the club a last-16 place.

O'Neill likened the hollow feeling he experienced after Villa's 1-0 defeat to Celtic's loss to Inverness Caley Thistle in the Scottish Cup in March 2003 after he had changed almost the entire side that had knocked Liverpool out of the UEFA Cup just three days earlier.

Celtic had won 2-0 at Anfield to record a shock 3-1 aggregate win but then lost a fifth-round cup tie to a solitary Dennis Wyness goal.'

Dennis needs top class support this Saturday because he is definitely getting back on form and heading to 100 goals.