FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What really bugs you ??

dumpmaster

I also hate bad spelling in posts - but you can usually tell the difference between the odd typo and bad spelling.

And WRONGLY USED APOSTROPHES  :008: :008: :008: :008:

What is it with all these apostrophes in plurals? Where the **** did that come from?

Agreed. And people not using commas in the correct place

I'm completely in agreement with all of these.  Its as if some of the culprits never went to school.  I thought I was just about the only grumpy old man left on the forum who noticed.  What about starting a sentence with a conjunction, though!!!

Oops!  :029:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest birdog

People who post on internet forums thinking their posts will not be argued against and taking things way too seriously.

Guest TinCanFan

People who post on internet forums thinking their posts will not be argued against and taking things way too seriously.

No, it's not that at all.  I mean people who seem to go on and on about their dislike for one player or another.

Guest birdog

No, it's not that at all.  I mean people who seem to go on and on about their dislike for one player or another.

Actually I was replying to the subject of the thread but since you make that statement it seems a little hypocritical given your signature :024:

EDIT:- This post is nitpicking- sorry!!!!!

Guest birdog

My mistake Birdog.  :029:  I better remove it. 

No mate, I loved your sig, I was just nitpicking it really is a bad habit of mine on forums. I have managed to get banned off most other SPL forums I really should not do it on here. Sorry dude.

Guest birdog

The fact that ?9,000,000 is being spent on the London Olympics.

9 million would not be a bad amount to spend, try ?9  American billion (American billion= 9 zeros UK billion= 12 zeros)

Guest TinCanFan

The fact that ?9,000,000 is being spent on the London Olympics.

9 million would not be a bad amount to spend, try ?9  American billion (American billion= 9 zeros UK billion= 12 zeros)

Yeah, that's it.

Another thing that bugs me is that a British billion is different from an American one.

Guest birdog

A billion in uk is 1 000 000 000 is it not? I think the yanks class a billion as 1000 million and here its One million million

1 000 000 000 is 1 thousand million, 1 000 000 000 000 is 1 million million so in effect the first part of your post was incorrect but the second part was correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Al tell you what bugs me.....its the fact we (the voting public) dont use our power of the vote more. We complain like **** about being walked over regarding taxes, fuel prices etc etc, yet we are the ones that put these people in the jobs!

Guest TinCanFan

And that's why everyone at the next election should vote out whoever your MP is.  Get rid of all of them, that'll keep them on their toes.

Guest TinCanFan

Scottish traditional music.  The vast majority of it is utter garbage.

Bagpipes.  Perhaps the worst instrument ever invented.

And that's why everyone at the next election should vote out whoever your MP is.  Get rid of all of them, that'll keep them on their toes.

What a super idea!  Get rid of them all and vote in ????

Lets get rid of all the brain surgeons and employ other people because you think some some brain surgeons are iffy!!

Wait, I know what, lets sack all the ICT team and get new guys in, who cares about their abilities, because some of the current team are not up to YOUR standard - that will keep them on their toes!!

Quaint!!

Guest TinCanFan

What a super idea!  Get rid of them all and vote in ????

Lets get rid of all the brain surgeons and employ other people because you think some some brain surgeons are iffy!!

Wait, I know what, lets sack all the ICT team and get new guys in, who cares about their abilities, because some of the current team are not up to YOUR standard - that will keep them on their toes!!

Quaint!!

What utter garbage.

Firstly, brain surgeons have nothing to do with it.  Secondly, maybe if the whole British government was replaced, maybe something good would be done for once and thirdly, if an ICT player wasn't playing to a high enough standard, you'd replace him.  Didn't think it through did you?