FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CATS. And questions about them,

clacher_holiday2

I'm looking after a workmates Cat for the next week and there were two important questions I didnt ask.

1- I have piles of Whiskas here but I dont know how much I should feed the cat, its quite a big cat.  So thats the most important one.

2- Will it be bothered if I dont change its litter tray for 4 days or will it start crapping all over the carpet?

Thanks in advance

I've had lots of experiences with pussies.... some good..  :004:  some not so good.. :rolleyes02:

(1) There should be directions on the tin - our last cat generally had half a tin per meal...

(2) The cat might not be bothered about not having its litter tray changed for four days but any visitors to the Clacher household might just notice something in the air....  :010:

Whoa Alex, now that is a wee bit too much,  all he needs to do is not feed the fatcat for four days, and it wont need the litter tray, also it will lose weight, become more healthy, and look better, therefore one happy owner, who will supply  Clach-hol2 with much beer.

1- I have piles...

There is a cure....just don't put the Deep Heat next to the Haemorrhoid cream... :crazy07:

As for the pussycat.....you'll find it'll probably be indepentant and only eat what it needs and will usually crap outside in someone elses garden.

I heard a story once about an Irish guy who wanted to grow a beard and he went out and bought as many tins of Whiskas as you did....

1. Kill the cat and eat the food yourself

2. Kill the cat and chuck the tray in the bin

I hate cats

I'm not a huge fan either, it keeps trying to sit on my feet under my computer desk, its really annoying as I usually keep a 2 litre bottle of water down there with the cap off.  Actually cats hate water dont they  :023:

I gave it one and a bit tins of the stinking cat food, it seemed happy enough with that, but theres no f#ckin chance I'm emptying his toilet, if it craps on the carpet I'll just leave the room till the weekend.

caley100, theres as much chance of me being rewarded for this week as there is of the cat surviving it  :017:

Feed it a few pouches a day rather than tins, they smell much better. Hold your nose and scoop out the cr@p when it occurs and you will probably survive!  :003:

And Alex, cats hate you too  :001:

I thought itd be a laugh FW, I thought itd be running around after squirrels and mice out the back, it doesn't do anything like that.  Johnboy the workmate is female yes but she is very very very out of bounds!

The cats now pooped its pants twice inside the house and I'm thinking about giving the toilet a clean, I'm tempted to bleach the bloody tray but I cant find anything online to tell me if the cat would be hurt in the fallout.  Or rather would its hair fall out  :017:  Bet the bloody Pharaohs didnt put up with this crap back in the day

A brown colored website about Cats

I take it cats are universally disliked then.  They love them over there on felineadvice.com, is there really that much difference between a cat and a ferret?  or a squirrel?  They all look the bloody same dont they?  Mind, you wouldnt catch me bleaching or cleaning up squirrel turds.

:blah01:  Cats are great...they're independant, keep themselves clean & groomed, don't pester you for walkies or treats or much attention...and, best of all, they go and crap in someone-else's garden thereby letting you off the hook when it comes to pickin'-up-the-turds-time. 

Used to like cats till a couple of years living next door to a wifie who was a leading light in the cats protection league,took in every flea infested unwormed feline in Sneck,they all thought meh wee garden wiz the cat lavvy and could wander about my kitchen worktops if the windaes were open.  :crazy07:

My liking for moggies diminished somewhat after that experiance.

That's pre-meditated murder, and cannot be condoned.

I've always preferred to just keep driving in a straight line when one runs out into the road, and allow an accident to happen. It is after all considered dangerous to swerve to avoid an animal.

There was one occasion though when I had to go over the cat 3 times before it stopped thrashing around. There were all these wee kids at the roadside, staring with looks of horror on their faces, but it was the humane thing to do.

[Note to self : don't ever walk out in front of Mee's car]

Yngwie...that reminds me of the story about the guy who was driving along and a cat ran out in front of him.  He felt the bump as he ran over it and stopped immediately.  When he got out of the car the cat was lying next to a lamp post...it looked to still be alive.  Doing the humane thing, the guy goes into the boot of his car and gets his tyre iron, walks over to the cat and beats it over the head to put it out of it's misery.

On arriving home, he discovers something stuck in his wheel arch.  It was the cat he had run over....the one at the side of the road had simply been sunning itself!!!

cats are lovely!! :021:

i feed my dried food - that way you can just fill the bowl and leave them to it and no smells....  just make sure there's plenty of water.

as for the other, my old moggie doesn't go out as much these days prob due to the fact she's a bit blind and walks into walls, doors etc.  it's not too bad cleaning out the tray if you do it regularly.  and i quite often clean it with bleach with no pooping or p'ing anywhere else.

the only time she's not nice is at 3.30 every single morning when she wakes me up...  :007: