The Brewster Effect...

Johnboy

Brewster deserves a thread of his own - not just for today - but for the dramatic manner in which he has turned ICT fortunes round since his re-appointment.

He's managed to get that spirit back into the side again - they all work their socks off supporting each other now in a manner that was totally absent at the start of the season.

He's found a way of best utilising Niculae's undoubted skills... Thankfully he's re-introduced Rankin to the side.  He has also adopted a much more thoughtful approach to substitutions.

Whether you were for or against his re-appointment to ICT you have to surely acknowledge the fact that he has transformed this football team...

Long may his reign here continue....  :022:

Yep, I was critical of his appointment (or more, the manner of it), but I'm delighted to be eating humble pie now.

The 'spirit' is back, and dare I say it, Brew's tactics, and substitutions have been spot on lately. I think he's learnt a lot in his time away from us, and we're seeing the benefits.

Well done Craig :clapping03:

I don't think even his appointers would have expected such a sudden impact.

If any of the statto geeks on this website have some time this evening, I'd be interested to see a league table counting only matches since Brewster took over. My feeling is that we might have a place in Europe.

Since he took over our league record is:

P 13

W 7

D 1

L 5

F 20

A 20

Pts 22

If you take away the points that other teams earned in their first four games the league table would be like this:

Celtic - 26

Motherwell - 23

Rangers - 22

Caley thistle - 22

Dundee Utd - 22

Aberdeen - 22

Hibernian - 19

Hearts - 18

Falkirk - 16

Kilmarnock - 10

St Mirren - 9

Gretna - 5

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

Brewster is definately the man who can help Caley Thistle progress in the league. Him and the club are the perfect combination for each other, I also beleive that as much as i liked Parkie, Malky Thompson is the best person to help Brewster. Would be interested to see what they do about the defensive situation in january because we need to invest in that in order to progress further.

Undoubtedly he has started to get results, once again he is getting the best out of ICT, shouldn't be too long before someone waves a wad of cash in his face and he fecks off again then :024: mercenary Brewstard that he is.

Hey Birdog,

Get down to your local game dealer and request the following awfly good parts from a deer:

heart, liver, tongue, feet, ears and brains.

Add some pastry and hey presto!

Hey Birdog,

Get down to your local game dealer and request the following awfly good parts from a deer:

heart, liver, tongue, feet, ears and brains.

Add some pastry and hey presto!

No point in me baking humble pie, unless you want a slice when Brewstard fecks off to bigger and getter things breaking up our squad, taking his favourites with him.

I was critical of his appointment (or like others, more the manner of it), I was skeptical of his ability (based on 3 wins out of 30 at DUFC), and I was angry at our board for the "spin" around the whole farcical circus they created

However, on quite a few threads, I said I was prepared to give CB a chance, and even after the Well game, although questioning his substitutions (or the timing of them), I still said give him till after the transfer window to see what he can do .....

I am happy to report that I could very well have been completely wrong about his ability and the last four games may have put a seal on it. The Well game aside, we have done pretty well since he came back, what i saw today was a team that was working hard for each other and wanting it. no signs of an outfit lacking morale or togetherness.

We talk about the ICT curse applying to players .... and with the exception of Robson, most have suffered it .... I guess it must be happening to managers too. Pele at Aberdeen, Robbo everywhere he goes, Brewster at United ... but not at ICT.

Birdog ...... A man who could only win 3 of 30 games at United but seems to have a magic touch at ICT will not want to move quite as easily as before. I believe he may well be in this for the long haul as he has already seen that the grass is not always greener on the other side .....

Birdog ...... A man who could only win 3 of 30 games at United but seems to have a magic touch at ICT will not want to move quite as easily as before. I believe he may well be in this for the long haul as he has already seen that the grass is not always greener on the other side .....

I really do hope that you are right Scotty, I really do, but I don't think you are mate.

Were you back from offshore to witness the last few performances birdog?  If not you'll have missed not only the turn around in results but the reactions of the man himself....as has been said by others, I think he regrets the move to DU (he has said so himself) and I don't think he's in a rush to be off anywhere else anytime soon.

Were you back from offshore to witness the last few performances birdog?  If not you'll have missed not only the turn around in results but the reactions of the man himself....as has been said by others, I think he regrets the move to DU (he has said so himself) and I don't think he's in a rush to be off anywhere else anytime soon.

I was at the match today missed the previous wins, unfortunately. Match today was amazing and Brewstard performed his part, no doubt about it, but I will still take some persuasion to change my views on the man.

Guest couchpotato

I don't reckon Brewster would have left last time if it were any team other than Dundee United,he's learnt  lessons and it's working in our favour,don't think there's any denying his impact so just enjoy the ride.

Birdog, you hope I am right, I hope you are wrong ... and there is only one person who truly knows the answer ..... I guess time will tell

interesting to note though that the idea of him leaving ICT is seen as a negative idea .... which kind of answers the question as to whether he has done enough in my eyes to finally be forgiven/welcomed back to the fold.

Fair play to Brewster for reading the forum to find out where he's been going wrong. He really has taken all our ideas on board and become a better manager as a result. Well done  :023:

If only others would eh Mee  :004: :023:

If I had the inclination to post a smilie I would find one with a wide open mouth and big bulging eyes!

Well done indeed.

Only thing is, I don't recall any advice relating to playing the present 5 across the middle with MN up front by himself.

CB deserves all the credit going for doing what he had to do with Black and Rankin before taking them back on board and working with the tools at his disposal when Wyness called off injured.

Bejaysus, there's no pleasing some peeps  :029:

Don't forget, Brew has been on a massive learning curve since he first came and all that has happened since. What matters is whether he is learning from all the stuff he's had chucked at him. On the evidence of the last few weeks he definitely is. His attitude, man management and tactics seem to have come on in leaps and bounds. So let's quit judging him by his past and give him the credit where it's due. Football management is a tough job by any standards, and new managers are bound to take time to find their feet. Brew has been chucked in the deep end 3 times now, and this time it would seem he is benefiting from the experiences he has been through. It's still early days, but if he can keep this momentum going, nobody will care about the past. I don't already.

I personally was annoyed when CB was reappointed given the less than graceful manner in which he left (although i can understand why he did - club he loves, home, bigger club history and importantly a larger budget) and i was openly critical at times (on here too probably) when Rankin, Black and Park were all seemingly being forced out.

HOWEVER since then we've won 4 on the trot. Rankin and Black have hit great form (Hope they can fulfill their potential and at Caley.) and the Brewster, Thompson combo is working nicely with us winning at home and away.

So i'll eat humble pie gladly and say well done Brew. Im glad your proving me and others wrong too.

Keep up the good work.....and keep Rankin and Black!

Undoubtedly he has started to get results, once again he is getting the best out of ICT, shouldn't be too long before someone waves a wad of cash in his face and he fecks off again then :024: mercenary Brewstard that he is.

No problem. If/when he leaves we'll just get someone local in, someone who wont fekk off, someone like Charlie Chri.....oh.

I am afraid that is the name of the game, birdy, hopefully he will stay a good bit longer, leave us much better off and get himslef a better deal.

btw, John Robertson was Robbo, Charlie Christie was Charlie, why are we all so formal with Craigy?

Next week will be a judge of how well we are doing. Of the last four games we have won, all things taken into consideration, I would expected at least 3 victories, so al reserve my right not to tip my hat to brewster just yet! We were long overdue a result against Cellic, much the same as we are wi the Dandy Dons. As i sed last week, not so many games ago, we were on a run of 4 defeats in six, having drwn one and beat the Soccer powerhouse that is Gretna FC..... AND playing GASH into thew bargain. So its gone from one extreme to other from wat i see. If we keep this run up, al start to think about eating my humble pie....PUBLICLY. But we are certainly heading in the right direction. Al be happier wen we are secure in the top 6.