FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brew makes his 34768th move [renamed]

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is Proctor offski.. but I am also reliably informed that "deep" discussions are also going on about Dods.

PROCTOR IS UNDER ORDERS 

ANDREW DICKSON

08:50 - 05 August 2006 

Caley Thistle last night turned down another bid from Dundee United for David Proctor - but expect to sell him to the Arabs early next week.

Tannadice manager Craig Brewster has repeatedly tried to sign the 22-year-old, having several cash offers for the player rejected.

But the two parties are now close to settling on a five-figure sum and Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett expects the deal to finally go through.

He said: "United came back with another offer today and we have rejected it. It is now down to them to come back to us.

"You have to listen to what people say but, at the moment, we are not in agreement.

"But there is not a big difference between what we want and what they are offering us. We are willing to let David move if there is a sensible fee involved. I do not think anything will be done over the weekend now but if they are going to come back with a new offer, it will be at the start of next week."

Brewsters upset  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Record Sport  FOOTBALL

9 August 2006

BREW'S GROWING SICK OF CALEY ANTICS

By Euan Mcarthur

CRAIG BREWSTER was last night fast losing patience with Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett as the saga to sign their top stars took another twist.

Arabs boss Craig Brewster is losing patience with Caley

The Dundee United boss admitted he's becoming increasingly frustrated with Bennett's handling of the situation.

Brewster has already had a bid kicked out for Darren Dods but insists he's yet to hear back over their offers to lure Ian Black and David Proctor to Tannadice.

United made a £30,000 bid for Proctor on Friday night and are still in the dark despite Inverness making it clear the defender is no longer part of Charlie Christie's long-term plans. Now the growing feeling within Tannadice is Caley Thistle are guilty of deliberately trying to foil United's efforts because they're still upset Brewster left Inverness.

The manager said: "I'mstill waiting as far as Proctor is concerned. Their director of football was supposed to phone me back but it hasn't happened. I can't really remember them doing business like this in the past.

They said they would not stand in Proctor's way so I don't see the reason for their delay.

"I also put in a bid for Ian Black over a week ago but there's still no answer on that either."

"I also put in a bid for Ian Black over a week ago but there's still no answer on that either."

Craig - you know full well what the score is with Ian Black. Away with yer pish!

If Brew is losing patience with us, why on earth is he still trying to pursue our players??Why would we sell three of our players to him, just to get him out of a deep hole which he has dug for himself!!

Well it could just about to get worse with the SFA on the verge of getting involved. I am reliably informed that the management teams of both ICT and the Arabs have been formally warned about their conduct in this protracted argument. The ultimatum is to sort it out ASAP or the SFA will launch an inquiry. I am also reliably informed that an upshot could be Brewster being investigated for the illegal tapping up of Dods. From what I understand the approaches in regard to Black and Proctor, as I have alluded to before, were all above board if not cheeky and pathetic.

And no sooner said than done  :016: :016:

11 August 2006

BREW NABS TOP TARGET PROCTOR IN £35K DEAL

By Euan Mcarthur

DUNDEE UNITED will today unveil new signing David Proctor from Inverness.

As exclusively revealed by Record Sport back in May, United boss Craig Brewster had put Proctor at the top of his summer shopping list.

And the Tannadice club last night got their man after thrashing out a £35,000 deal with the Highlanders - as revaled by IHE

Now Proctor, who's agreed a three-year contract, will go straight into Brewster's squad for tomorrow's visit to Kilmarnock.

United had feared their bid to snap up the 22-year-old former Hibs starlet had fallen through after becoming involved in a much-publicised stand-off with Caley Thistle director of football Graeme Bennett.

But the two clubs finally reached agreement, allowing Proctor to move to Tannadice where he'll link up again with his former Caley gaffer.

Brewster said: "We've agreed a fee so all going well David will train with us on Friday morning and go into the squad for the Killie game.

"I'm sure he'll prove a good addition and with this type of player arriving the future of the club will be in better hands.

"David's a fit boy who can play right-back or right mid-field. He's especially effective away from home when he gets up and down the park all day.

"He is a decent goal threat from set-pieces and brings the squad's average age down."

Proctor's agent Charlie Duddy said: "Brewster was a key factor in David moving to United and he's looking forward to the challenge."

Brewster's interest in Caley pair Darren Dods and Ian Black is thought to still be very much alive. But Dods looks certain to retain the Inverness captaincy - despite asking to leave the club.

The ex-Hibs and St Johnstone defender's formal transfer request on Wednesday was refused amid talk of fresh interest from United.

The pressure on these guys is going to be incredible at Yinited. Brewster has set himself up for a fall. He has chased these same 3 players all summer and onlynow has he got one of them. If Yinited don't turn it around soon then both the players and CB will be under serious pressure.

Guest Arabest

I doubt it RiG, the only pressure placed on Brewster is by the press not the majority of fans.  Sure we have some boo boys living in the past but for the realisitc fans out there we all know that it will take time and progress will be steady.

Of course I'm looking forward to seeing these new players that Brew is bringing in, but it wont turnaround overnight.

Oh come on. Brewster has set out his store with the Grocer and got more spondoolachs. If he does not suceed he will get the boot and the Butcher will sell up. This has got to be the biggest gamble the Arabs have ever taken .. and who REALLY have you signed??!!

Guest Arabest

who REALLY have you signed??!!

I believe there is a link on the BBC but in total so far it has been Kalvenes, Proctor, Conway, Hunt and Robb.  If rumours are anything to go by then Black, Dods and McGregor from Rangers are to follow.

who REALLY have you signed??!!

I believe there is a link on the BBC but in total so far it has been Kalvenes, Proctor, Conway, Hunt and Robb.  If rumours are anything to go by then Black, Dods and McGregor from Rangers are to follow.

u may sign dods but no way will u sign black

Guest Arabest

Just going by rumours Blackieforce, I want this resolved as much as you do.

If its any consolation I dont know what Black will bring to the team.

Guest Arabest

Just going by rumours Blackieforce, I want this resolved as much as you do.

If its any consolation I dont know what Black will bring to the team.

black will sign a 3 year deal  including a hosue in inverness with ict this week

Thats a great deal for Black IMO, I just hope ICT can afford it when other squad members and new signings demand the same.

Guest Arabest

I hope we can. I wouldn't like us to turn out like Dundee United and offer wages we can't afford then try and get the players to take wage cuts a year later  :003:

Okay, i'll take that wee swipe on the chin and its perhaps merited  :clapping04:.  I'm being sincere, being financially up the swanny isnt a nice place to be and I woulsnt wish it on any club and their fans.  Look at Dundee for example, if they dont come up this season they look doomed.

Is it unreasonable for any player signing a contract with ICT to demand a new home into the bargain? I dont think so when the club are making it common knowledge in the press.  It remains to be seen whether he signs the deal or not, it has been on the table for the best part of nearly 3 months now.

Is it unreasonable for any player signing a contract with ICT to demand a new home into the bargain? I dont think so when the club are making it common knowledge in the press.  It remains to be seen whether he signs the deal or not, it has been on the table for the best part of nearly 3 months now.
he didnt demand a house,by signing for 3 years the club are helping him find a house,i dont know the finacila ins and outs but would imagine balck is paying for it and not the club,black hasnt even got the contract offer,so how could it have been on the table for 3 months???

I hope we can. I wouldn't like us to turn out like Dundee United and offer wages we can't afford then try and get the players to take wage cuts a year later  :003:

Okay, i'll take that wee swipe on the chin and its perhaps merited  :clapping04:.  I'm being sincere, being financially up the swanny isnt a nice place to be and I woulsnt wish it on any club and their fans.  Look at Dundee for example, if they dont come up this season they look doomed.

The length of time is worrying don't get me wrong. Any ICT fan who claims this is normal and honestly isn't wondering a wee bittie as to why it is taking this long is lying.

That said, Lennon took a decade to sign his new deal at Celtic - bet they wished they hadn't bothered now!  :015:

I think the house thing is a key part of the deal for Black. I believe he commutes from Edinburgh (Alex could confirm as I think he has mentioned this before) so obviously doesn't want that hassle and if he does commit he wants to cut out the travelling. I don't think there is anything dodgy about revealing the house part of the deal to the press though it is somewhat unusual.

Guest Arabest

The thing is, United could probably match the deal if not better it.  He would get a better basic wage at United thats for sure plus he would be closer to Edinburgh by staying in Dundee.

It is common knowledge that Black wants to hear what United are offering (officially) but ICT must accept a bid first.

Arabest are you not a bit concerned with Brewsters obession with ICT players??

On the subject of houses I think it helps that our outgoing chairman builds them  :015: I seem to remember rumours of Brew & Malky Thomson being given/renting some property