FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro Stripped of Captaincy

reefinweedallday

If true its a very worrying development. The whole point in having a club captain is that they represent the squad and can act as an intermediary between the players and management. If he cannot voice his concerns to the manager without being disciplined then we're going to have BIG problem very very quickly. How is this going to look to other players seeing their captain undermined.

It's just got completely out of hand now... I've tried to support him over the past few weeks, but it is painfully obvious that this situation will now have to brought to a speedy end.... 

If Mr Savage and his board can't see that, then they should be out the door as well....

Munro has had a very poor season, and hasn't exactly been an inspiring captain.

If the manager really has started to take some radical action, as the rumour mungers on here suggest, then I have alot more respect for him than I did before.

The current formula isn't working and needs to be changed.

Brewster has had his worst run as ICT manager in the last months and his role in our slump must be scrutinized, but the players must also be held accountable for their pathetic performances.

I agree with everything you've said.  There needs to be some accounting for the disaster of the last half of this season.  Haven't seen such a dispirited side since Dundee United's last manager was in charge!  So, the man who is to be held accountable is....Craig Brewster!

Ahh, but he will be soon...............he was sent off today

He was straight redded for doing what any captain would do................sticking up for his team-mates. Perhaps he shouldn't have swore at the fourth official but in the heat of the moment, and especially as the game had ended, I think the card was petty in the extreme.

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that on his last visit to Caledonian Stadium, to bring the first half to a halt, the fourth official got on his mike and radioed 'Dougie is there something wrong with your watch, we are now 7 minutes over full time?' It would be interesting to get TV footage because from the tunnel area you could clearly see Dougie looking bemused, checking his watch, and then quickly blowing his whistle.

There is no evidence this happened again on Saturday, but if it did, a 3-3 draw would not have lead to Grant losing the head. So my theory is that Dougie wound Grant up by his own incompetence.

That said, both Russell and Grant need to learn the same lesson Rosscoe and Bayne learned after the Motherwell defeat. You have to act like an adult even under pressure. Iy you want experience with the younger lads, join Ian Black. That is perhaps unfair on the younger lads.