FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Mcguire,Hastings and Imrie GTF thread

caley100

You are having a laugh. That French guy was total garbage. A complete lightweight who would get absolutly murdered in the SPL. Imagine a centre half with the heading ability of Charlie Christie, the passing ability of Russel Duncan, the tackling ability of Ian Stewart, and the game reading ability of Andrew Allen. That sums him up pretty well. I would sooner re-sign Greg Hood. :015:

Guest TinCanFan

he should come back!!

Im no happy McGuire!!

he's OK!!!

How do you make the judgement that he is "OK" if you never saw him play?  As I said his heading was awful and was pretty terrible at all parts of his game.

Guest TinCanFan

what county game??

The friendly in the pre-season, hence the fact that that his game the picture was taken from.

McGuire!!

everyone thinks he's rubbish!

And if you think Mcguire's rubbish, this guy was just as bad.

Much as I don't rate Brewster, Christie has to take the blame for not fixing up a Dods replacement.  McGuire was a last minute replacement.

I'm quite happy with Hastings.

Imrie maybe needs time to settle though I don't think he should be a first choice.  Be ok to bring on from the bench with 15 minutes to go.

The big problem is we have to rely on Brewster to identify replacments.

what county game??

The friendly in the pre-season, hence the fact that that his game the picture was taken from.

McGuire!!

everyone thinks he's rubbish!

And if you think Mcguire's rubbish, this guy was just as bad.

So why are you banging on about him then.  :017:

Have seen Imrie three times, I think, and while his work rate seems to be OK, I've not seen anything to suggest he's a player that could improve us. Alarm bells rang slightly last night when I got talking to a Clyde season ticket holder who told me they were all pretty glad to see the back of Imrie and laughed when they heard we were taking him. He was perceived as "not a bad player" but certainly not outstanding in their side, and with serious question marks over his temperament. Not just prone to getting stupid red cards, which we already knew about, but also prone to walking mentally after an hour if things weren't going his way. Hope this isn't true: if we need nothing else just now, we need absolute commitment.  

McGuire, despite a decent start to the season has been a liability in too many games since. I would prefer Proctor in his place.

Hastings has been as good as any of our defenders this season. I think mentioning him in a GTF thread is out of order  :33:

Imrie has moved to a higher devision and should be given time to develop.

The big problem is we have to rely on Brewster to identify replacments.

That's a definite Brewster blind spot - he can't see past no-hopers. Much better to have Pele Paterson on the scouting side of things.

:sherlock:

Hastings has been as good as any of our defenders this season. I think mentioning him in a GTF thread is out of order  :33:

Imrie has moved to a higher devision and should be given time to develop.

You said it. he has been as gash as our defenders this season, only he has been the weak link, we lose a lot of goals from crosses from the left.

Imrie has indeed moved to a higher standard of football, and will indeed require time to see if he is good enough, but why is he getting started every game when he is clearly not ready for this standard?

Mcguire is really not the level required and will never be can't defend in the air and is thus a liability. Hastings is also not helping by letting so many crosses in but at least gives place when  pushing forward so he can stay if sort out the back four. Imerie looked out of place so jury is still out. Would rather Paarteleinen was given a run for the rest of the season.

The biggest let down was the strange decision to have two right backs playing??? In the end proctor was useless agaisnt the dons left mid and cost us a goal and Tokely who ended up playing both right mid and right back was nackered. Tokely and Wilson on the right side have done us well many a time but obviously Brewster knows better :crazy07: