FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Good Luck Marchers!

Just wanted to say Good Luck to the Troops!  Not long to go at all now!

Hope the weather holds, and you get a good bit o? sun!

PB?s had lots of giggles Marching ? mostly at Gringo?s expense!  :blah01:  Strange things happen

when your Marching ? you start looking forward to seeing Caley D, find yourself getting

intensely competitive over Junior Scrabble, and take to eating Tinned Curry!  Great memories!

Enjoy yourself guys ? we?ll be there at the end with a Pint and a hug!

To the Virgins ? relax and enjoy yourself!  You will do it, believe in yourself!

Watch out for Grenades and Frogs!

To the Veterans ? have a blast!  Time to enjoy all your hard work!

To the General ? hope your red bits heal in time!  :016:

Take care guys ? have a good ?un!

PB?s

xxx

Thanks....one minute you think you have loads of time to prepapre, next thing you know your running about like a blue ersed fly getting things finalised....some things never change....lol.

And for any of the ladies (or men) at a loose end this evening don't forget we have the Virgin Vie Fundraising Party Night at the Stadium....7.00pm for 7.30pm....The more we get along the merrier :001:

Full details by Clicking Here

By this time in 8 days time we will be nearing the end of Day 1 at Dollar after gubbing Falkirk.

Everyone is really looking forward to this years event, as always. It will be excellent to finally have the 'Immorral' one on board, even for the last few days! The anticipation of his presence the last couple of years is finally set to become reality. Superb :022:

It will be another weird one this year too with the absence of the PB's and Gringos, yet the excitement is still there. I can't wait to get out on the road now!!! :021:

We'll no doubt try and update people on our progress during the week of walking both on the forum and on HighlandMarch.co.uk

Falkirk to Inverness.... der  :rotflmao:

We intend to head over the Kincardine bridge and venture North to Dollar after the game. We then head over the Ochills into Gleneagles and onwards to Crieff (avoiding a busy 2 mile long straight road in the process - thank feck)

From there its along Loch Freuchie and over the hills into Kenmore. A route we have previousluy done - twice. LoL

Heading NE out of Kemore we head to Dalnacardoch, and weather permitting, the Pass of Glen Tromie. Should the weather and late snow melt be an issue, we shall follow Cycle Route 7 through Dalwhinnie and into Newtonmore and pretty much stick with the CR7 as far as Sluggan Bridge (carrbridge) but take in the Speyside Way too. Another route we have done before in both directions.

One the penultimate day we head to Daviot, with the final leg starting at Daviot woods and onwards to the Stadium. We'll probably aim for around 1pm for the Innes for a wee swally before out scheduled arrival at 1430...

Phew - that was a mouthful. A day to day schedule will probably be posted just before we set off so people can track our progress...

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET GOING... BRING IT ON :021: :021: :021:

Or in brief.......

Saturday Post Match - Falkirk to Tillicoultry/Dollar

Sunday - Over the Ochils (weather permitting) to Glen Eagles, failing that it's the A823 and on to Crieff

Monday - Crieff to Kenmore

Tuesday - Kenmore to Dalnacardoch Lodge (including a wee jaunt up Schiehallion for those feeling up to it)

Wednesday - Dlanacardoch Lodge over Glen Tromie to Tromie Bridge (east of Ruthven) waether permitting.  If not then it's the route via Dalwhinnie and round into Newtonmore.

Thursday - Newtonmore/Tromie Bridge to Sluggan Bridge/Carrbridge

Friday - Sluggan Bridge/Carrbridge to Daviot

Saturday - Daviot to Stadium via Dows and the Innes

We'll have a map online at www.HighlandMarch.co.uk before we depart giving the exact route planned.

Know what you mean, H/Dee...  These days I struggle just to walk round a golf course, although I do tend take a very zig zag route...

Good luck to the marchers.... If your passing through Muckhart, about 4 miles along the road from Dollar, be sure and stop at the Muckhart Inn.. great little pub... They make their own beer and it's delightful.... (Devon Original)

Tell 'em Johnboy sent you...

Guest birdog

A bunch of smelly drunken football fans marching, singing football songs to raise awareness of other causes  :024:.  :021: good luck guys

I have removed the off-topic and abusive posts that followed this one.

if you cant stay vaguely on topic in this (or any other) thread or feel the need to abuse someone then please dont bother posting.

good luck to ya's all

gutted i cannae be there, would have lved a week of peace and quiet on the road, plenty of craic and plenty of fresh air just a shame my glorious leaders in management have decided to send me down to yorkshire on sunday returning on friday, might meet up with you on my way back up though will kep in touch to see whats happening

anywho good luck folks

Utmost respect for all you guy's, :salute:   I get weary these days if eh have to drive that far! 

Never mind mate...its an age thing.. :016:

All the best to the marchers, we'll see ya in the Innes, oh Johndo, spoke to David Sutherland, he says there might be a large Voddy and coke fer ya in the innes...

good luck to you all - have such admiration for you all in this!  we'll be in the stadium waiting for you - north end in front of the family section as usual...

look after the oldie will you?  :001:

As the kids would say 'One More Sleep to go!!!'

Can't wait to get walking. Bags are now fully packed and maps printed off. It's all rather exciting, isnt it?  :001:

(must not forget corned beef sarnies - must not forget corned beef sarnies - must not forget corned beef sarnies)

Good luck to you all. Sorry I (we) can't be with you all the way.  :cry02:

Will look forward to our rendezvous at Carrbridge. Stay safe. We'll be thinking of you all the way.

:walking03: :walking03:  :walking03: :walking03:

Jnr...Don't forget the cornbeef sarnies.... :015:

Cheers for that CD. Are you walking or driving this time?

Driving again....not even remotely fit enough to walk anything like what these guys do even though I'm much fitter than I was last year.

Got a new job lined up for when I get back and going to get myself back to the gym with the aim of doing at least part of the walk next year......that's if they'll let me retire my driving duties  :015: