ICT -V- Gretna : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great win today.. it might have been against a broken team but 6 goals against anyone is an achievement

Vigurs & Rory getting on the scoresheet shows promise for the future, all is not as bleak as once suspected and Imrie looks to be a great signing by Brew

fair play to all involved today  :clapping03: :clapping03:

great win today.. it might have been against a broken team but 6 goals against anyone is an achievement

Vigurs & Rory getting on the scoresheet shows promise for the future, all is not as bleak as once suspected and Imrie looks to be a great signing by Brew

fair play to all involved today  :clapping03: :clapping03:

No-one has scored more than four against Gretna this season and they had been on a run of three draws.

Obviously they are a rancid team but it's a good result for us.  Six different scorers as well - always good.

How many newspapers will run headlines with the phrase "six appeal" tomorrow?

That's about as easy as it gets, I think.  We cut Gretna open whenever we could be bothered, and once we got Bayne on in the last 20 minutes we started causing havoc.  Mostly great goals...

1. Great defence splitting pass puts Cowie in behind, he keeps his head and squares for Imrie to tap in.  30 seconds gone by my stopwatch.

2. Niculae's powerful header wonderfully saved by Fleming, but Rory shows unheard of athleticism to head in the rebound.

Gretna goal - appalling marking at a set play, Tokely misses the header and Hogg flicks it in from six yards.  Could Zibi have stopped it?  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - it was at close range.

3. Bazza, mate, that was a corker.  20 yards out, he steadied himself and hammered it into the keeper's bottom right hand corner.  Magnificent goal, as good as any we've scored this season.

4. Great break by Imrie down the left, and he stood it up beautifully for Cowie to crack home on the volley - great technique from Chipper.  Defence gave him all the time in the world to finish it off, mind.

5. Tokely gets on the end of a corner to head it in.  Not much power on it, how it went in I have no idea.

6. Vigurs!!!  Smashing volley on the turn after another Imrie run and cross.

Gretna were utterly guff, but you can only beat what's put in front of you.  We were pretty nonchalant in the first half, but only looked vaguely in trouble when defending set plays.  Brew may have given them a kick up the rear end at the break.  Commendations today for Imrie, Cowie and particularly Bazza who looked very classy indeed. 

I suspect, even despite his goal, that there may still be criticisms of young Rory, and I have to say that I've seen glaciers that move faster and sloths that put in more effort than he did today.  He's like Steven Hislop but without the work rate.  Still, he got a goal and that's what he's supposed to do.

Sorry now that I decided to give this one a miss. Gretna may be in terminal decline but this is their first defeat since the split so credit where it's due.

Nice to see one or two of the youngsters get a run out.

Before anyone asks ......... Imrie's goal is the second earliest for ICT in the league

ICT FASTEST GOALS FOR: 

31 seconds ? Craig Dargo ? SPL v Celtic 18.12.05

37 seconds - Dougie Imrie - SPL v Gretna 3.5.08

40 Seconds ? Barry Robson ? League v Ross County 9.11.02

54 Seconds ? Craig Dargo v Livingston 8.11.05

56 Seconds ? Steve Hislop - League v Brechin 29.11.03

mmmm - BBC and other sites listing at 37 seconds, official site listing it at 31 ........ wonder if it is joint fastest goal or second top ?

Guest WynessLegend

Cant wait for the attendee's to start posting. Any bets there'll still be negativity even with a six goal win.

The only negativity I have is for the twats who had a "Brewster Out" Flag tied to the barrier, just beside the Magic Marius Romanaian Flag.

Fortunately a club official took it down just after kickoff - and it turned out that the brave souls who had made the flag were sitting miles away from it.

Otherwise a very good day.

Guest TinCanFan

Well, overall it wans't the best game I've ever seen, but you can't complain with six goals.  Anyway, here's my Smileyometer:

Zibi -  :015: :015: :015: - Not bad when called upon.

Tokely -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Good and scored a good goal.

Hastings -  :015: :015: :015: - Didn't have much to do but did well when needed.

Proctor -  :015: :015: :015: - Same as Hastings really, not bad when needed.

McBain -  :015: :015: :015: - Played well at left back.

Wilson -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Played very well and scored a great goal.

Black -  :015: :015: - Didn't see much of him today, but was very close with one shot.

Cowie -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Played well, but I still think that he's better as a winger.

Imrie -  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: - Played really well, good goal, good crossing and my man of the match.

Niculae -  :015: - Not good at all today.

McAllister -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Played pretty well today and scored a nice goal.

Subs:

Bayne -  :015: :015: :015: - Played fairly well when he came on.

Vigurs -  :015: :015: :015: - Scored a great goal and I was really impressed, seeing him for the first time.

Kerr -  :015: :015: :015: - Quite good when he came on.

Ref - Brynes -  :015: :015: :015: - Not too bad but a bit whistle happy.

Pie -  :015: :015: :015: - Okay

Crowd -  :015: :015: - A bit quiet today, except for the goals.

Cant wait for the attendee's to start posting. Any bets there'll still be negativity even with a six goal win.

The only negativity I have is for the twats who had a "Brewster Out" Flag tied to the barrier, just beside the Magic Marius Romanaian Flag.

Fortunately a club official took it down just after kickoff - and it turned out that the brave souls who had made the flag were sitting miles away from it.

Otherwise a very good day.

Disappointed if that is the case, the BENI usually lead by example. Wether you like him or not, Brewster is the manager for the forseable future, and should have our 100% backing.

Although 6 different scorers including two youngsters and your January signing is a good way for anyone to answer their critics, well done Brew :022:

Guest Fiona

Timed in the press box (also by Ian Broadfoot - and he's never wrong!) at 31 seconds so joint fasted goal. :021:

Of course there will be negativity from some  :023: we could have and should have had more  :029:

Seriously though, great game totally outplayed them and deserved the win, amazing how much more relaxed passing the players looked when Russell Duncan isn't on the pitch again, I've said it before and I'll say it again he is the weakest link in our team.

Rory took his goal well, should have stayed on for the 90mins IMO to give him a full match however did seem to start to lack interest before he was taken off with Barry giving him a shouting at (of kind) for not being in a position for his pass whereas somebody else in Rory's place may have had the intelligence to position himself for it.

Referee, a certain Ian Brines  :tosser: had no idea throughout the whole game, looked lost in his high position and had it been a more competitive game may have had his work cut out, but he managed to get through it OK despite making a series of errors for both teams during the game but nothing that would have turned the game.

Gretna's 30 or so fans were a credit to their team  :clapping03: they kept going supporting their team to the end, and i do actually feel sorry for them that they have endured the mess the club has got itself into, they are the hardcore of that team coming up to Inverness for a pointless game when already relegated and deserve much respect  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Had to laugh when they were singing "what a sh1tey home support" after the attendance was announced  :rotflmao: given the records they have broken this season!

Overall good performance could do better in certain areas but always happy to see 6 get whacked past a team  :001: :001: :001: and Barry MUST STAY  :021:

wow!!

what a game!!

enjoyed it so much!!

who would of predicted the score!!

hospitality was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

met loads of players and got a pic with Brewster, Fraser, Cowie, Imrie, Wilson!!

and loads of signatures!!

:021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021:!!

Rory took his goal well, should have stayed on for the 90mins IMO to give him a full match however did seem to start to lack interest before he was taken off

commentators seemed to think he was perhaps struggling with an injury just before being taken off ......