new defender

strathyjags

Yes for the purposes of pedantry, we have signed a defender. Are you happy with the signing of him?

For the purposes of pedantry? What rubbish is that you speak?

There are complaints that Brew hasn't signed a defender, but yet we actually have and he was one of the first signings we made. I haven't seen him play yet, so I can't comment on whether I am happy with - but I am going to give him a chance as everyone else should.

Has he actually played an SPL match yet? Or are you going to do to him what many did to Zibi Malkowski and write him off before he ever plays a competitive match?

Put the handbags down and take two steps back ladies. :thumb04:

Why don't you just take that big ol stick out your arse. :rotflmao:

Mann is not the most mobile of players, but he dealt efficiently with a young and sprightly Liverpool team with utmost ease....I don't think he even broke sweat. As I said in the match report...his ability to be in the right place at the right time and to calmly put a foot on the ball to stop an attacker, then pick out a man anywhere on the pitch and deliver an inch perfect pass has not been lost since he left us, and that is something we are sorely lacking.

Could he do that week in week out in the SPL would be the question, but if anyone was going to whip him in to shape then it would be Brewster. Even if he couldn't last 90 minutes, he'd still be handy to have to bolster the squad defensively, and those around him could learn a helluva lot about how to read a game.

Mann is not the most mobile of players, but he dealt efficiently with a young and sprightly Liverpool team with utmost ease....I don't think he even broke sweat. As I said in the match report...his ability to be in the right place at the right time and to calmly put a foot on the ball to stop an attacker, then pick out a man anywhere on the pitch and deliver an inch perfect pass has not been lost since he left us, and that is something we are sorely lacking.

Could he do that week in week out in the SPL would be the question, but if anyone was going to whip him in to shape then it would be Brewster. Even if he couldn't last 90 minutes, he'd still be handy to have to bolster the squad defensively, and those around him could learn a helluva lot about how to read a game.

So maybe bring him as a defensive coach?

Yes for the purposes of pedantry, we have signed a defender. Are you happy with the signing of him?

There are complaints that Brew hasn't signed a defender, but yet we actually have and he was one of the first signings we made. I haven't seen him play yet, so I can't comment on whether I am happy with - but I am going to give him a chance as everyone else should.

Has he actually played an SPL match yet? Or are you going to do to him what many did to Zibi Malkowski and write him off before he ever plays a competitive match?

You are being pendantic thus for the purposes of pedantry, yes we have signed a defender. What folk are talking about is the desperate need for a centre back. Zadi is not a centre back by any stretch of the imagination. I have not seen him play in the SPL, but I have seen him play in person and yes I am going to write him off before he kicks an SPL football, because if he kicks like he uses his head, he'll close his eyes and miss it completely.

You are being pendantic thus for the purposes of pedantry, yes we have signed a defender. What folk are talking about is the desperate need for a centre back. Zadi is not a centre back by any stretch of the imagination. I have not seen him play in the SPL, but I have seen him play in person and yes I am going to write him off before he kicks an SPL football, because if he kicks like he uses his head, he'll close his eyes and miss it completely.

I completely detest people like you. Caley have a track record of bringing in players who may not have been the best player and resurrecting their careers and making them a better play - Dargo, Dods (even to some extent Niculae) to name a few.

To call me a pedant is stupid - I was not being pedantic I was being right, there is a massive difference there. But I wouldn't expect you to agree with that. Anyway, last I have to say on the matter.

Djebi-Zadi certainly looked the part on Monday Night and if he can repeat that kind of performance in the SPL then he'll prove to have been a very shrewd signing.

Whether he can be as effective at Centre Back nobody knows, and nobody knows if Brewster is even considering trying him out there in the SPL. To suggest he is useless just because he might not be able to fill a gap he isn't signed to fill is like saying that we shouldn't play Black because he's crap in goals.

Fans are, rightly IMO, frustrated at the lack of signing a Centre Back, but let's not take it out on Djebi-Zadi by slating him when we've seen very little of what he has to offer just yet.

And MFR are the only ones to report it.

You obviously don't listen to the BBC then!

Apologies. I had not heard your interview until just a few minutes ago.

I completely detest people like you. Caley have a track record of bringing in players who may not have been the best player and resurrecting their careers and making them a better play - Dargo, Dods (even to some extent Niculae) to name a few.

To call me a pedant is stupid - I was not being pedantic I was being right, there is a massive difference there. But I wouldn't expect you to agree with that. Anyway, last I have to say on the matter.

Just one last addition on this matter:

We all post on this website and we all have our views, aint much point in having a go at eachother because we cant agree who is right or wrong, because its more about views.

Anyway Jimmy Jabbi is a left back, not a player to cover central defence - never, You are being picky EWS, as you well you know we NEED an experienced CENTRAL defender to replace Dods.

Edited by caley100

Re-sign Bobby Mann? Stop this madness!

It's up there with the "Sign Sol Bamba" comments.

His move to Watford has collapsed under 'mysterious' circumstances!

He may well be a player our management team would be interested in :rotflmao:

Looking at comments made on the BBC website tonight regarding the current injuries we have gone from being very happy with the current squad of players to being 'down to the bare bones' due to 2 players being out!! Something not right there :thumb04:

Edited by kencar

We went for Bamba at the start of last seasons and could not agree on the finances.

Why dont we stick Blobby Man in the feckin nets - rite on the feckin goal line - judging by the piccies it would be just as effective to play CaleyD or Scotty but a lot feckin cheaper too.

Guest birdog

We went for Bamba at the start of last seasons and could not agree on the finances.

Why dont we stick Blobby Man in the feckin nets - rite on the feckin goal line - judging by the piccies it would be just as effective to play CaleyD or Scotty but a lot feckin cheaper too.

You are no fecking anorexic yersel'!!!! but I have to agree signing Bobby Mann would most certainly be a step in the wrong direction, I think too many people are wanting us to emulate the OF by signing our old has-beens.

Signing Bobby Mann shouldnt even be a thought. It shouldn't be fathomed. It would be an embarrassing step down. Top 1st division centre half in his day and thats it. No where near mobile enough for the SPL. He's a mid range 2nd div player now who coasted through... a testamonial.

Dont get me wrong. Thought he was a star when we had him but not now.

I'd take dods back. Although he's hardly mobile himself he has height and presence and is fit enough for the top tier. Also a goal threat at set pieces.

Sol Bamba is another i'd take. He does tend to be rash and inconsistent and take his eye of the ball but he has the ability and at 23 is young for a centre half.

We only have 3 recognised centre halves. Albeit in a crisis Proctor and Hastings and at a push Tokely can play there. The 3 we really have are Munro- 1st choice centre half. Maguire- less said the better and Duff - promising youth with virtually no experience.

Lionel is an out and out left back it would seem. Some full backs are just not meant to be central defenders and he's one of them.

So Dods or Bamba as we need a 4th central defender. Maybe offer Maguire as part of the deal for Bamba and get both eh? :rotflmao: