FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cowie Rumours

DALNEIGHCALEY

Hibs!.

alright guys, hibs fan here, was just wondering what type of a player Cowie is? we're crying out for a right sided midfielder or winger, is that the role he plays?

also Rankin while he hasn't been bad for us he doesn't really get involved enough for my liking, out of curiosity would you take a straight swap, rankin for cowie?

Guest Marko69

Leeds are like Hearts, severely in debt. Players and supporters will soon realise that the cash flow problems created by the Americans earning large commissions on toxic debt, will have a big influence on clubs in trouble. Eventually sugar daddies will disappear as Gretna found to their cost.

Don may be ambitious but short term gains may prove disasterous.

Leeds are not in any debt whatsoever, haven't been since 2007 when Ken Bates re-purchased the club through administration. It wasn't an honest way of doing it, but he cleared all the debts.

There have been no Cowie rumours at our end, but it wouldn't surprise me as Gary Mac seems to like his young Scots. Robert Snodgrass is turning into a very good signing!

Hibs!.

alright guys, hibs fan here, was just wondering what type of a player Cowie is? we're crying out for a right sided midfielder or winger, is that the role he plays?

also Rankin while he hasn't been bad for us he doesn't really get involved enough for my liking, out of curiosity would you take a straight swap, rankin for cowie?

Not in a bijillion years.

I never really took to Rankin and always prefered Ducnan and McBain to him. Cowie is a far better player in my opinion and would be very disappointed should he leave.

You lot can hold onto Rankin for now............and leave our Cowie alone.

Don Cowie is probably our best player just now and we'll be very lucky to hold onto him I think. He and John Rankin were an excellent combination and it's a pity they couldn't have played together for a bit longer than they did.

• 2 weeks later...

Walters being saying he's mainly looking to trim his squad:

"There are 28 people in the senior squad and that is a big staff," Smith told Rangers News.

"First and foremost, we must deal with that situation as we don't need that many players and we have to address it.

he does go on to say that if he can get rid of a few he may look at bringing in a player, probably a defender tho.

all in all i dont think its very likely that don cowie will be signing for rangers

Walters being saying he's mainly looking to trim his squad:

he may also be looking to trim wages and replace very high earners with players on smaller salaries but still salaries outwith the reach of 10 of the other 11 teams in the SPL !!!

I don't see Rangers wanting to sign him but I'm in no doubt whatsoever that he's on Jimmy Calderwood's radar. The Dons may not be in the healthiest financial position but they can still afford to offer him well above what we can as well as the kudos of playing for a bigger club with a higher profile.

I don't see Rangers wanting to sign him but I'm in no doubt whatsoever that he's on Jimmy Calderwood's radar. The Dons may not be in the healthiest financial position but they can still afford to offer him well above what we can as well as the kudos of playing for a bigger club with a higher profile.

He's definitely caught Calderwoods eye. Dons aren't doing to badly financially after the European run they had last season.

Can't see him being a like for like replacement for Thomson. Defensive midfield against attacking midfield. I'll be honest and say I don't think he's anywhere near Rangers quality. Look what happened to Alan Gow. I can see the same as happening to Cowie.

Oh, and Rankin. I really liked him. I was asked at the time by Hibs supporters what he was like and I said he was a good attacking player with an excellent delivery and cracking shot but got criticised for not doing enough tracking back. I don't like attack-minded players being criticied for that. Why not criticise Roy Keane for not getting in enough crosses or a goal machine like Boyd not putting in enough work (witness Kenny Miller running everywhere - who's the best in the striking position?)? Different players have different strengths - play the right formation and you get the best out of them. And what's Hibs supporters main criticism? He doesn't track back enough! (supplied quite a few crosses for goals though)

Can't see him being a like for like replacement for Thomson. Defensive midfield against attacking midfield. I'll be honest and say I don't think he's anywhere near Rangers quality. Look what happened to Alan Gow. I can see the same as happening to Cowie.

Cowie was the defensive midfielder in the middle at County.